Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

Will Monstrosity ever see another update?

The title basically says it all. Since we know the game is coming to a close in terms of content soon, I'd like to know if my favorite piece of content will ever see another update. Many things proposed and shown have never been released, and I feel this is a part of the game that really does deserve to be finished. v_v
    (6)

Character
    Gameesh
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    In terms of implementation I'd assume (hope) that it doesn't require a lot of manpower. You have the models for the enemies already and their attack animations.
    The only things that would require some (more) work are the instincts, unlock tree of each family and job combination of each monster.
    I'd love to see this content recieving more updates but chances are slim at this point, I'm afraid...
    (2)

Character
    Shyuko
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I would very much also like to see Monstrosity finished prior to the end of major updating they announced.
    It would also be a little more encouraging to make exping each MON a bit less grindy if even.

Sad but true point of MON is that your best exp spot is Lv30 restriction in Buburimu forever.

Atleast in my opinion anyways. Would be nice to have the Infamy cap removed or raised and perhaps the ability to retain NM/HNM status outside of Buburimu/Xarcabard/Uleguerand Range.

Would also be fun to add an arena for MON PvP...time to hijack the Pankration zone so MONs can go head to head with eachother?
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Personally I just want to see the stuff they promised for it 2 years ago when they released it. Like party mode
    (3)

Player
    Parties, a few extra species such as Undead and Arcana, stuff like that is all I really ask, the campaign like stuff would be awesome but is by no means do I expect it.
    (0)

Player
    Lol........

......http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/guide/monstrosity/#5

"- Monipulator vs. Monipulator Combat
    - Monstrosity Quests
    - Additional Monster Families
    - Monipulator Cooperative Play
    - Additional Exclusive Content
    - Greater Rewards
    ...and more!" As they display a hydra.........

Bst will never got the cool monsters, always wanted to play as a scorp, yztarg, or monoceros.

I would like for monstrosity to have some relevance. Idk... perhaps they could allow players to summon a trust-esque version of the monsters they leveled (No crazy hp bar, etc, akin to the trust NPCs whom are not incredibly strong, but not necessarily weak); give people more incentive to level monsters or catch them all per se.
    (0)
    Last edited by WoW; 04-25-2015 at 07:51 AM.

Character
    Gameesh
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Reading through that post again makes me sad...
    They promised so much! I still can't understand why they stopped implementing.
    Was that ONE poll where not enough people said they were doing Monstrosity the sole reason for stopping updates on it?
    The fact people stopped doing the content was due to a broken PvP system and unsatisfying rewards.
    Fix those two things, SE, and it will be incredibly popular again!
    Gah, so frustrating...
    (0)

Character
    Enochroot
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Turning infamy into sparks or plasm or bayld or something would be a nice start. As would being unrestricted both in which zones we could enter and which allowed belligerancy. I'd love to solo Dark Ixion as Orthrus. Heck, I'd love to solo Dark Ixion as a freaking apkallu. Would be nice if they'd let us get drops other than crystals and seals. Fix all that stuff, boost interest in Monstrosity, then implement all the things we were promised.

Also; getting crystals to drop and not clusters... what?
    (2)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Monstrosity scares the little children.

I personally would like it to not go further because it will take away from other, more relevant, development/fixes.

Monstrosity had no focus. It had no direction. No-one had any clue where it was going. And now, it ends with a dead end.
    (0)

Character
    Enochroot
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthar View Post
    Monstrosity had no focus. It had no direction. No-one had any clue where it was going. And now, it ends with a dead end.
    Some of us derive enjoyment from the complexity of the system, experimentation, learning different combinations of species and instincts and seeing how they play. Turns out, there's a huge amount of variation in the play, especially considering monster subjobs are uncapped. We knew that they planned to release monsters from most species, including beastmen.

There are loads of directions they could take it, if they wanted. Aside from what I mentioned in my previous post in this thread, here's a juicy one I just thought up: what if they added a mechanism whereby you could choose a rare/ex item from your inventory and make it your drop when you enter belligerency? It'd be a great way to finally enable the transfer of rare/ex items between players while keeping it fun, playful and consistent with the game world.

Anyway, the self-inflicted starvation of development resources probably means we won't get anything fun like that. Still, it'd be nice for them to at least finish releasing the species. The placeholders are there for them already in the UI.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast