Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

I'm not leaving, I'm not giving up. And neither should you! ^^

I know it feels doom and gloom, and honestly, I felt that all day yesterday, I cried for most of it, it hurt so deep i just wanted to lay in bed all day. (I didn't of course, family needs me^^) Though to be fair, they've said nothing official about ending FFXI service for PC, and may or may not intend to anytime soon, but still!

Over time I quickly realized: it's my home, it's been a part of my life, and my families life for a decade, I've made so many memories, friends, and had good times, and bad times spent in Vana'diel, some things that only happen once in a lifetime. I've tried other MMO's, even XIV, and it doesn't feel right, it's not the game I love, It's not a game I can be involved in.

So what do you do when your home faces an outside threat trying to demolish it?

You fight it!! Would you not fight the city if they wanted to buy out your home, tear it down and build a road? A home you've spent years, maybe decades (or longer if it was your parents house) creating memories, friends, and loved ones.

Of course you would!

In a manner of speaking, this is the same thing.
    Vana'diel has been our home, some of us since the start, others are just setting down their roots and experiencing the world, and everyone inbetween, but it's all our home. That's why it's still here, nearly 13 years later, 3 systems, and hundreds of thousands, if not a million or two players, that's pretty impressive for anyone.

So now is our chance to fight back.
    Don't leave the game because it's future is uncertain, don't give up if you still love FFXI, we are it's future, we can make it certain.

People always say vote with your wallet if you like this game, or don't like that game, and that's exactly what we can do. Our money keeps FFXI alive, and we can keep it that way. We can also get them to continue updates, or even make expansions full size expansions! We can also expand FFXI's service, the chance to draw in so many more players and help them make Vana'diel their home too.

There's so many ways we can work to support FFXI to keep SE supporting it.
    Options we can look at doing to fund and support new full size expansions, hell there's at least 3 whole continents we've not even seen (as I understand FFXI lore), expansions that could give us enough content for an easy decade more. Places I'm sure many of us want to see.

I just finished Promathia on my new character, and... spoilers?:
    I don't want to accept my goodbye to him on the docks of Bastok were the last we'll ever see him or to the Mithran trackers.
    I want to go visit the worlds my friends came from. I want to see where some of the beastmen came from. I want to adventure to the ends of the world and back, I want to make new friends, see new places, and defeat new monsters that threaten our world. Our cities. Our homes...

We can do this, if we stand together^^
    If there's one thing FFXI is known for over the years (besides the time sink), it's the community it fostered. We have one of the strongest communities I've seen in an MMO, and one of the most dedicated.

Speaking of such, my friend pointed out there's other MMO's out there that have survived from FFXI's era, in FFXI's situation, games with small player bases, that still get updates and support, even expansions, such as EQ1, and DAOC, even Eve, and they had an engine overhaul.

If they can do it. We can do it too!

We could even push for PS4 support since it uses x64/86 instructions, porting wouldn't be nearly as expensive as making the 360 version for example. It would take more effort but I believe we could even push for a graphics overhaul while keeping the FFXI we know and love, maybe even a new engine for it over time. And fix and expand the account station to work better, for us and new players we'd draw in.

The biggest complain I hear from potential players who want to try it but won't is the dated looks. This and those above are all things we can push and help fix, if we unite!

My ex once told me: the only time you truly fail or lose something forever, is when you give up.

Well, I'm not going to give up.
    I'm going to stay, I'm going to play, I'm going to fight, and I'm going to love and adore FFXI and keep my home firmly planted in this spot until SE is sick of hearing about it!

I ask you to do the same.
    If you love FFXI, if you believe in any of the things I do, stand with me, fight alongside me in the real world as you might do in Vana'diel, let's show SE what we're willing to fight for.

^This is why we're here,
    And this is why we stay.
    (19)
    Last edited by Bluestar2kx; 03-21-2015 at 02:07 AM. Reason: Added a few details near the bottom.

Player
    Lost a few LSmates to the announcements, but retained most, still sad to think that there's no evolving future past a certain point, I'm staying and hoping something changes their minds.
    (3)

Player
    I won't be going anywhere even though most of my friends are not playing anymore.

I am deeply, fondly, in love with this game and with Vana'diel. They should understand that some people can't find a game like FFXI anywhere. I tried several MMOs, none of them made me quit this game.
    And I'm really hoping that they're not thinking that we will be moving to FFXIV, most of us tried it, most of us don't like it at all.

Even if they really stop updating FFXI after November, I will stay until they decide to close the servers.
    (3)

Character
    Kaitaru
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 97
    Same here, I'm introducing a new friend and we are going to level old school exp camps style to 75. I think someone should start a petition asking for engine/ui reworks and other suggestions from the posters on a way to introduce old and new players alike to keep this game going stronger. This press conference has really had a strong impact all over the internet, its time for our voices to be heard.
    (0)

Character
    Draylo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    ain't no gettin' offa this train we're on, till we get to the end of the line.
    (6)

Character
    Kaitaru
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 97
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo- View Post
    ain't no gettin' offa this train we're on, till we get to the end of the line.
    Its a Stalker~!
    (1)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I've been logging in to take care of my automaton since 2006, when I found him rusting on an old ship. Nine years later I still look forward to seeing him run around on his frantic stick-legs, getting severely dented by angry mobs, and doing his funny emotes when we win a battle.

If I can't log-in anymore, who will look after my automaton? Who will oil his little knee-hinges, who will hammer all the dents out of his little head?
    (6)

Character
    Shadowbringer
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I'm one of the people who will truly miss ffxi after its stopped on the 360,as I already posted on other forum.nobody wants to lose a decade of progress and memories,and most of all our friends,it's been a huge part of my life as it has others too.in my other posts I asked Square Enix to reconsider and keep it running on all formats so everyone could enjoy ffxi together and it's new content too.i found out now tho that Microsoft plan to stop Xbox 360 service in 2016 also.so Xbox user would of been cut off from ffxi anyway I know like me a lot of people don't want to go out and buy a laptop,Xbox controller adaptor and have all kinds of trouble getting game downloaded and everything working properly because I've seen a lot of people already having these troubles.What I will say tho is if everyone really wants the game to continue for everyone then back me up in saying the please Square Enix release ffxi on ps4 and/or Xbox one,there's a whole bunch of console players like me out there that given the chance would get ffxi for it.you would not only get the Xbox players back but the chance is there of getting a whole bunch of new players too,the ps4 servers are going to be around for a long time.Doing a ps4 version will ensure you keep most of your loyal console players and put new life into FFXI bringing its population up to what it once was.please don't stop the game for us console users,you have a year until you stop Xbox and ps version,you also have a year to consider making ffxi goto next gen consoles,you said in previous ffxi forums "you the players asked and we listened"so please listen now square Enix and keep ffxi alive.
    (1)

Character
    Lisotte
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowstrife View Post
    I'm one of the people who will truly miss ffxi after its stopped on the 360,as I already posted on other forum.nobody wants to lose a decade of progress and memories,and most of all our friends,it's been a huge part of my life as it has others too.in my other posts I asked Square Enix to reconsider and keep it running on all formats so everyone could enjoy ffxi together and it's new content too.i found out now tho that Microsoft plan to stop Xbox 360 service in 2016 also.so Xbox user would of been cut off from ffxi anyway I know like me a lot of people don't want to go out and buy a laptop,Xbox controller adaptor and have all kinds of trouble getting game downloaded and everything working properly because I've seen a lot of people already having these troubles.What I will say tho is if everyone really wants the game to continue for everyone then back me up in saying the please Square Enix release ffxi on ps4 and/or Xbox one,there's a whole bunch of console players like me out there that given the chance would get ffxi for it.you would not only get the Xbox players back but the chance is there of getting a whole bunch of new players too,the ps4 servers are going to be around for a long time.Doing a ps4 version will ensure you keep most of your loyal console players and put new life into FFXI bringing its population up to what it once was.please don't stop the game for us console users,you have a year until you stop Xbox and ps version,you also have a year to consider making ffxi goto next gen consoles,you said in previous ffxi forums "you the players asked and we listened"so please listen now square Enix and keep ffxi alive.
    How are you posting on this forum if you don't have a computer? Also I believe the 360 controller can (can, not necessarily) be hard to get working, but getting a cheap PS2 controller and adaptor (keep in mind these adaptors for either controller are like $5-10), anyway PS2 controllers are easier to get working with FFXI.
    Also there is no way in hell they're going to port FFXI to the new(ish) consoles. It's just not going to happen. If a bunch of SE men in suits crunched numbers and found that the numbers for the total playerbase wasn't enough to keep FFXI going, you can be pretty sure that the small numbers still on console aren't going to justify the tremendous costs of porting it to new platforms. Read: What SE is doing is not quite killing off FFXI (though really they are in a way), but what they're doing is cutting down on all costs aside from keeping it up and running and fixing some bugs and balance issues here and here. On another note if you haven't played FFXI on PC you haven't lived. God the console load times and how bad the game looks on console.

On a more positive note, for me personally I'll try to keep playing until either I run out of newish things to do, or run out of people to do stuff with. I still have a couple storylines to finish, haven't geared up all the way, there's still tons of stuff for me to do in this game. Though friends are dedicated to FFXIV now and it's got that "new online world" feeling.
    (0)

Character
    Scarfo
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    I've been logging in to take care of my automaton since 2006, when I found him rusting on an old ship. Nine years later I still look forward to seeing him run around on his frantic stick-legs, getting severely dented by angry mobs, and doing his funny emotes when we win a battle.

If I can't log-in anymore, who will look after my automaton? Who will oil his little knee-hinges, who will hammer all the dents out of his little head?
    Probably the same person who does that already, who sure as heck isn't you because you know those things don't exist in this game.

Side note - No more content is a blessing no more gear mill, just enjoy the updates till November then take as long as you like to finish up no one is shutting the servers and no one is telling you not to log in.

Some people are so silly.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast