Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Cloudius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Devs - Please Stop the useless augments

Today i used a Duskorb+2 on my Keraunos and it gave me "Charm"+11, now which job out of BLM SMN SCH uses charm? The Augments are random enough as it is without getting augments for other jobs which cant be used on the job the weapon is for. Please fix this.
    (3)
    Cloudius

Shiva

SMN99 WHM99 BLM99 THF99 PLD99 SAM99 NIN99 BLU99 DNC99 MNK99 WAR99

Character
    Ramzi
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Heh, I'd have to agree. I've used 3 Duskslit +1 stones trying for DMG+ augment on my weapons (dagger, sword) and ended up with +MP on them all 3 times. I could understand if I was using a duskDIM stone that it would give me MP, but slit is melee combat stats. Rage inducing. That's all I can describe it as. Maybe some stones are broken? Please please look into it and adjust.

Oh and also, I've used Leaforb stones on my Acro gear and have gotten -perpetuation cost, and +repair potency on it. SMN and PUP cannot use Acro gear. Something is definitely broken.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ramzi; 03-12-2015 at 11:25 PM.

Character
    Ferocity
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Subjobs yo! XD
    (2)
    http://www.etherealls.com
    Prodigy - Ethereal Linkshell - Diabolos
    Ferocity - xEtherealx Linkshell - Siren
    Aegis 12/31/06
    Spharai 10/20/13
    Burtgang 01/05/15

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Random augments is one thing, but random augments that can not in any way be used at all by the jobs on the item is another. How about a flash enmity bonus on SAM gear? make it happen SE! (not)
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Clou777 View Post
    Today i used a Duskorb+2 on my Keraunos and it gave me "Charm"+11, now which job out of BLM SMN SCH uses charm? The Augments are random enough as it is without getting augments for other jobs which cant be used on the job the weapon is for. Please fix this.
    it's your own fault. you used pet job augment item.
    (4)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramzi View Post
    Oh and also, I've used Leaforb stones on my Acro gear and have gotten -perpetuation cost, and +repair potency on it. SMN and PUP cannot use Acro gear. Something is definitely broken.
    like the OP, that was your own fault. -orb is for pet augments.
    (3)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Protey, both of your answers are flawed, as each of the items mentioned have a pet job on them. Clou might have been aiming for a SMN augment, but got augments for jobs that are not on the staff, while Ramzi was likely going for BST augments and got augments that cannot be used by jobs that aren't on the piece. Don't be so high-horse. >.>

That being said, I wish they would at least eliminate the augments for jobs that aren't on the item. Blood Pact damage on Linos, for example, should never happen, etc etc.
    (0)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

When used on a weapon;

Snowdim - magic attack bonus, magic accuracy, magic evasion, magic defense, defense, evasion

Leafdim- magic burst damage, spell casting time, refresh, cure potency, fast cast, magic damage taken -, haste,

Duskdim- INT,MND, magic burst Dmg +, magic damage +

I made a cirdas/rala weapon allouvian skirmish page about a year ago with all the auguments so feel free to check it out by digging through my original posts however the only changes from that page and this latest version update is that the values were increased from 15---30 for example if I used a snowdim +2 before the max magic attack bonus I could get was +15, now it's +30

By using the page I made last year, you can see which stones give what auguments and then apply that same theory to armor with a few exceptions.

Dim = magic (gained by using eudomon ring/cape)

Slit = melee (gained from sword eudomon)

Orb is pet jobs (gained from sash eudomon)

Tip is ranged jobs (gained from eudomon shield)

A brief example is, on day 1 I wanted magic attack bonus, magic critical hit rate, and magic critical hit damage / Int armors 5/5, so I used snowdim +2, leafdim +2, Duskdim +2, and I very quickly got 5/5 , then I worked on dual weild 5/5, and weaponskill Dmg 5/5 ect

The auguments aren't random, just the values are, and I am extremely satisfied with the augument system this time around! I didn't have to waste any money on stones because I saved all mine from last year, knowing they were going to use them on armors due to a post SE made in late summer 2014. Duskdim +2 are easy enough to obtain as well so it was enjoyable being able to plan out which stones you want via eudomon items, and then use the stones to get which auguments you need.
    (3)

Character
    Jeremi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Clou777 View Post
    I think the general formula is:

slit = melee augments
    tip = range augments
    dim = mage augments
    orb = pet augments

Sticking to dim stones would likely increase your chances of getting useful augments for those jobs. Still: it is pretty random and you are going to waste a lot of stones. It's a lot of work. But the pay off is worth it because you can create some really nice pieces if you get lucky. Also it provides you with limited ability to customize your gear which is a cool. It's more interesting than just having static pieces of armor everyone wears the same of. So I am liking this new direction: though I can't deny it's frustrating when lady luck isn't on your side and you keep rolling augments you don't want.

The system does need to be better explained. But this game has never gone out of its way to clarify it's mechanics. Research is almost always necessary to understand this game in detail.
    (0)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    They do have separate pools of augments for different weapons too. One that really bugs me is that weapon skill damage for one handed weapons is much lower than two handed and ranged weapons. OP does have a point about charm though, that's useless even for bst the job that uses it.
    (1)

11. 03-13-2015 03:35 AM

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast