offhand weapon advice?

i'm still using a joyeuse or a justice sword.

i'm thinking about the khanda+2 with oa4, but there's nothing about it on wiki. anybody know the proc rate, and how it stacks with any DA/TA from gear/job traits/atma? does it stack like a joyeuse, or like a justice sword? not to mention the delay looks pretty rough, it seems like it would need a solid proc rate to justify that..

only other thing i can think of is maybe a chimeric fleuret or a twilight knife? but a twilight knife should prolly be mainhanded to take advantage of evisceration anyway so that's neither here nor there.. plus neither of them would be close to the tp gain of even my old joyeuse..

so yah... anybody have any thoughts? have these already been parsed and judged?
    (0)

Player
    Oa4 is junk, high damage Oat barely outdoes Joyeuse outside abyssea last I checked for 85, Str/Dex shamshirs inside w/ Apoc or A/O and Dex shamshir outside if you need the accuracy are good offhand options (assuming mainhand is dagger), the Fleuret isn't terrible but haven't checked it against other choices.
    (0)

Well, I was first going to suggest the Oa4x Dagger. Then I remembered for some STRANGE reason RDM Isn't on Dagger! Despite getting Access to Aeolian Edge, and not Sanguine Blade. WELL

I'd suggest a STR-Shamshir+2.
    (1)

Tbh if you already have a Joyeuse I'd just use that. Anything that beats it (marginally) is a ton more work to get while the Joyeuse is practically a freebie now. I'd put the extra effort in other places such as your gear or working towards a CDC sword as those will probably affect your damage much more then trying to upgrade your joyeuse.
    (0)

yah, i'm working on almace atm, but i've cleared the vnm's and now i'm sorta waiting on my ls. figured i could work on an offhander solo but from what i'm reading here most of them aren't even worth the effort... sad times. (probably explains why i never see anybody with any of the oa4 weapons. any weapon, not just sword)

it just feels like.. at lvl 90, i shouldn't be using lvl 70-75 weapons anymore (joy/justice) but if the new weapons don't cut it, they don't cut it..
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    yah, i'm working on almace atm, but i've cleared the vnm's and now i'm sorta waiting on my ls. figured i could work on an offhander solo but from what i'm reading here most of them aren't even worth the effort... sad times. (probably explains why i never see anybody with any of the oa4 weapons. any weapon, not just sword)

it just feels like.. at lvl 90, i shouldn't be using lvl 70-75 weapons anymore (joy/justice) but if the new weapons don't cut it, they don't cut it..
    If you can keep a steady supply of Virtue Stones, I think Justice would be > Joyeus inside Abyssea, If you're using Apoc and such, Since Justice's "Double Attack" can stack with other forms, Meaning you can Triple attack off of it etc (max of 8 hits still...), Where as Joyeuse cannot.
    (0)

yah, justice has always been a little better than joy. it kinda sucks that you gotta "feed" it, but with the abundance of DA/TA in aby, the rift is widening.

i suppose i'll just have to upgrade justice from "special occasions" to "as often as possible" and farm stones hard.

but that was what i was referring to in the op about the magian weapons, whether they react to da/ta like a joyeuse, or like a justice sword. i'm guessing joyeuse, since nobody seems to like them.
    (0)

Player
    They are like joyeuse, with a lower OaT rate sorry. If you have that much free time waiting on your LS (if you know a Nin I know for certain Rdm and Nin can duo the Nms and should be able to handle briarius) work on a Dex/Str shamshir.
    (0)

Character
    Nahal
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 90
    it also depends what you're mainhanding, if you MUST use 2 swords, it might also be worth considering chimeric fleuret, if you'd be open to a dagger offhand, twilight knife might be worth considering. as for the Oa4, since there arent stats on the proc rate, and the 1-3 is 50/30/20, if the 2-4 is 40/30/20/10 then that would be worth using, if its got 50% or more single attacks on it, you'd prolly be better off with something else, but remember, the 2-4 weapons are quite slow, so they get more TP than the average red mage offhand per hit. the one comment on khanda+2 seems to indicate it is 40/30/20/10 meaning a 60% chance to attack more than once, and with a 7% TP per hit would make it worth using, but its 1800 mobs (plus 9 NMs) to get, so kinda a pain.
    (0)
    Me ----> FF14, "I am dissapoint."
    BLM RDM BRD WHM BLU 90
    WAR DNC SCH NIN 50

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Stick with Joyeuse on off-hand until you can get a DA+ sword. Chimeric can be a stop-gap for that slot until you finish it, but it's possible to get some modest DA values before throwing Atma into the equation. This choice gets even better if you also happen to play BLU and one day aspire for Almace.
    (0)