Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidis View Post
    In a party situation that is what it is, you don't invite a WHM to DD, nor would you want them to, if they're on the front-line getting affected by status ailments or potentially killed, it's a detriment to the party/alliance, DD WHM is for soro onry.
    Precisely this. If you want to complain about whm damage in a party setting you should be complaining about holy and banish. Which honestly I can get behind. Blm just got reduced casting time and mp cost for their spells after all, and it looks like the new event Vagary will have undeads in need of smiting.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Tidis View Post
    In a party situation that is what it is, you don't invite a WHM to DD, nor would you want them to, if they're on the front-line getting affected by status ailments or potentially killed, it's a detriment to the party/alliance, DD WHM is for soro onry.
    This completely depends on the party setting, content you're running and potential status ailments that can be inflicted.
    Not that I always do it, but a lot of content is actually pretty safe for whms to melee on.
    The three biggest dangers are silence, petrification and death, on anything else we can just ride Misery and Esuna multiple debuffs.

To make myself clear, I'm not advocating melee whm here and whms should not be expected to be invited as a melee role anywhere but any competent whm is more than capable to melee and do a proper job on quite a lot of content.
    (2)
    Last edited by Shirai; 03-09-2015 at 10:33 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2