Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumbGame View Post
    Your sam sucks.

This nerf though is still bringing up an entirely different issue that people aren't addressing. The balance of DDs using ardor, around SC dmg. This isn't just a possible nerf towards rudras, SE is trying to balance jobs around ARDOR.
    To whom are you responding?
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyandra View Post
    Actually that may not be the case, according to S-E's post regarding Ardor:

The wording of "ally" indicates it can't be cast on just anyone, such as any player outside of your party, just like Erase. And with that being the case, it also can't be cast across alliances, just like Erase. That said, it's pretty much guaranteed it will be within your own party only.

(Unless it has some weird job-specific mechanics like SCH and Regen spells, then it could be cast across alliances. But it's just speculation at this point - until the spell is released, there's no way to state for fact it is or is not party-exclusive.)
    when it is party only they say "party member".
    (0)

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Actually, I think I have figured out what the problem is in regards to THF, how it's the same problem with SAM, and why they're doing what they're doing.

Consider the following:

Shark Bite, Mercy Stroke, Mandalic Stab, and Rudra's Storm are being adjusted.
    Shark Bite has Fragmentation, Mercy Stroke has Gravitation, Mandalic Stab has Fusion, and Rudra's Storm has Distortion.

When the Empyrean WSes were originally designed, being able to use Rudra's Storm and being able to use Mercy Stroke at the same time were mutually exclusive. This meant that the only job that could use all four of the level 2 skillchain properties was SAM, with Kaiten for Fragmentation, Rana for Gravitation, Kasha for Fusion, and Gekko for Distortion.

When Empyrean WSes were made unlockable, this gave THF access to all level 2 skillchain properties. Combined with the buffs you get to Mercy Stroke from Mandau, something THF, but not DNC, can use, along with the buffs to other dagger WSes, well.

People like to go on and on about Rudra's dealing large damage stacked, silly self darknesses, but the real major damage is in those indefinitely long self skill chains that SAM and, now, THF are able to do combined with heavy hitting weapon skills...

This is why those four WSes are being adjusted, and why THF and SAM are being adjusted. Not DNC or BRD, even though both can use Rudra's Storm, even though DNC can spam Rudra's better than THF can, because neither can easily access the Fusion property.

However, if a single SAM or THF is the only one skillchaining, and it's very easy these days to get TP gain high enough to allow near constant self skillchaining, that means they can very quickly get ridiculously high damage output.

I bet that's what this is about.
    (0)
    Last edited by machini; 03-15-2015 at 02:56 AM. Reason: grammatical errors

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    (which I would personally suggest buffing other DD jobs).
    i know this was a while back but its important to note:

Nobody likes nerfs, especially if it's to their favorite thing. But you can't just buff everything else up to the strongest thing, because that creates a power creep issue where eventually you hit a cieling where you can't buff things anymore without serious reprecussions, and the entire game gets trivialized. Sometimes nerfs are necessary.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    i know this was a while back but its important to note:

Nobody likes nerfs, especially if it's to their favorite thing. But you can't just buff everything else up to the strongest thing, because that creates a power creep issue where eventually you hit a cieling where you can't buff things anymore without serious reprecussions, and the entire game gets trivialized. Sometimes nerfs are necessary.
    Yeah, this is why I would rather have nerfs. There's like a couple VERY STRONG things and then everything else is somewhat balanced with each other. If they just nerf those VERY STRONG things we're all good and balanced. I'd rather they do that than buff EVERYTHING else so that everything is too easy.
    (0)

Character
    Dravidian
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    You guys are hugely mistaken as if rudras is getting some kind of nerf that will put it onto lvls of jobs like dark night, therefore "balancing". Not only will there still be huge discrepancies between jobs that are vastly under performing, but there may be discrepancies between jobs that were on the same lvl as thf and thf after nerf. It is poor game design to nerf everything to balance when there hasn't just been a month or 2 of imbalance, but years. It throws things off when you all the sudden can't do content at the same rate that you were for long periods of time. This isn't the case here, because again, there was already DD jobs on the same level as rudras, so the content will still be cleared just as fast, but the idea that your guys comments revolve around nerfing everything into the ground to balance is sickening, but hey, I shouldn't be shocked since its obvious from your comments that you don't have much experience with where DDs are, so you assume rudras is just reining supreme over everything.
    (2)

Character
    Annataru
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    It has come to my attention that many people voicing their displeasure with the idea of a rudra's storm nerf are being reported (by sams) and banned from the forums. This is unacceptable. No amount of samurai butthurt will silence the resounding chorus of the masses that do not want a rudra nerf. As I have said before, if you want to achieve more balance, a buff to 2hand weapon skills is more appropriate. DRK and DRG have been laughed at for too long, and DRK should be about the best DD in the game.
    (3)
    janethetaru

Character
    Jeremi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Anyone who laughs at Dragoons just hasn't grouped with a well-played dragoon before.

They can self skill chain - do large amounts of damage - and single target heal very efficiently. It's a powerful job. It's just in many cases the wyvern isn't utilized effectively in combat.

I can't comment much on Dark Knight - only to say the few I do know aren't very satisfied with it so I have no reason to dispute the malcontent toward Dark Knights. It could be justified.

From what I understand of the developer's post - the addition of the spell Ardor is going to increase the power of thieves. So that may help counter-balance these nerfs to dagger weapon skills. These changes may not be as dramatic as those affected fear.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale View Post
    Anyone who laughs at Dragoons just hasn't grouped with a well-played dragoon before.

They can self skill chain - do large amounts of damage - and single target heal very efficiently. It's a powerful job. It's just in many cases the wyvern isn't utilized effectively in combat.
    I think part of the problem comes from they gave them that huge boon from having a lvld wyvern out which it needed but in a lot of situations having one out fully lvld for the whole fight isn't necessarily easy. Should add some kind of ja that just automatically fully lvls the wyvern. And then get rid of the attack penalties on the polearm ws
    (0)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    There is a JA that fully levels the wyvern, it's called Spirit Link with 5/5 Empathy merits.
    (1)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast