Character
    Svetlana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99

RDM getting tier V via 100 JP….on par with SCH now….

I know i posted this already on a previous tread regarding SCH lack of MAB traits and MAB on equipment but i feel people need to see this as a new issue since i know a lot of people don't revisit old threads.

:O OK what the fudge SE…..am i the only one who see's this stuff? BLM gets tier VI via 100 Jp gift, SCH gets storms II i am fine with that, but SCH has always been on par with BLM when it comes to elemental magic tiers i realize storm II would most likely make out Tier V far stronger then BLM's given we can also Ebullience our spells so i was ok with that, thats not my issue. my issue is what was your logic behind giving RDM tier V spells at 100 job gift?…….what the fudge SE, now RDM are on par with SCH's tier V elemental magic wise………….. this to me seems like a downgrade somehow, no new Elemental tier which seems kinda lame since we have always been on par with BLM but at least i understand the why on that 1, what i don't understand is why now instead of competing only with BLM for a nuke spot we also have to compete with a well geared RDM…. that is just BS. a well gear RDM with could possibly do same dmg as SCH unless we have storm II and ebullience the only thing keeping us apart was Ebu and the fact they never got the same higher tier that we did they always were behind by 1 with the storm update a while back they can also get storms spells /sch…… why ? it has always been BLM/SCH not BLM/SCH/RDM we even have nuke gear that is BLM/SCH only………………. this is very irritating not only we fell behind in a higher tier elemental magic, making use 2nd tier wise, but another job was able to tied our Tier V for second spot… might as well make them SCH and us RDM's since they even get MAB III natively which they can enhance even further with job points MAB+ yet we get 0. so now instead of BLM/SCH V --> RDM IV we are now BLM VI-->SCH V/RDM V. :/
    (2)
    Last edited by V-1000; 02-26-2015 at 10:02 AM.

Player
    you won't be competing with a RDM for a nuke spot. i as a RDM was quite dismayed with getting tier 5 nukes. about the only time i would ever nuke a t5 is say on Laevvid with water5. other than that... no way, RDM has better things to do than nuke. so would have preferred additional enfeebles or enhancing spells.
    (3)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    And yorcia skirmish nuking is good... but really nuking isn't about who has the biggest tier epeen shots anymore. It's about dps and your magical dps is still great. Also how in the world is that rdm doing more dmg unless you ebullience AND double weather? It's the same spell they get most of the same gear and that little tiny bit of mab trait is mostly compensated for by the ridiculous amounts of mab we get now and slightly better gear selection on sch. A schs T5 should beat a rdm without ebullience and just normal storms. Heck a sch with ebullience and storm II should easily beat a rdms T5 with a T4. Don't believe me do the math...... I remember you see a lot more nuke based solos from sch than from rdm nowadays because they are still better at it. Schs have solo D battlefields nuking and some delves again nuking. rdm probably couldn't
    (3)
    Last edited by dasva; 02-27-2015 at 02:32 AM.

Character
    Svetlana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    You do realize RDM can wear pretty all of the same gear a SCH can and they also have access to all the storms spells minus thunderstorm right? they have native MAB III we only get II via sub, even their AF has a total of +23 MAB combining both relic/reg af pieces ,while sch has a total of 10 MAB only. they may not be right there with us due to lack of skill/ebu but the gap has never been closer. not only SCH was demoted a level by not getting VI but put it this way, BLM and SCH were both on floor 5 while RDM and GEO were on floor 4 now BLM was promoted to floor 6 while SCH stayed in 5 in the meantime RDM and GEO were promoted to floor 5 aswell now you tell me you cant see the reason why this makes me angry as a main SCH… wether it about who has the strongest nukes or not its about the fact that the same way SCH is always left out of certain MAB gear now we are no longer on par with BLM on the elemental wheel while 2 other jobs are now on the same spot we are. i really hope the storm II spells really make a difference tier V may be obsolete now but if they ever become useful again its gonna be an issue. they should've just gave RDM and GEO something else that wasnt tier V like i said before i understand if they wanted BLM to have the stronger nukes and i was fine staying at V due to storm II for balance but the sec they boost 2 other jobs who have always been 1 tier behind to the same lv elemental magic wise they screw things up. they couldve gone many other way about this i have no idea why they did this. i have another post about this same injustice SCH modus veritas was pretty much destroyed because of the stacking but then they allow blm to stack meteor…. oh its hard to find 6 blm with the spell blah blah blah not the issue they have the option still with no handycaps. while SCH got nerft to death by doing the same thing way before they even think of meteor as a concept SCH always gets screwed over things and thats pretty much the whole point of this post.
    (0)

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    If RDM is on par with SCH now, could we please have access to Keraunos? :3 No? Also as someone who plays both RDM and GEO, I can assure you the real threat here is not the RDM with their lol C+ elemental magic.
    (2)

Character
    Svetlana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    B+ subbing sch, Keraunos is just 1 weapon, just take the job from scratch you guys get native tier III MAB we get II via sub only , you guys get to increase that tier III via job points aswell, as to previous bcnm comment if you have ever done them you know its mainly possible due to Helix/regen V nothing to do with how hard our nukes can hit. i am not saying we are par in damage just yet, what i am saying is, if you put a SCH and a RDM both with hagondes/same weapon same augments casting tier IV what do you think the result would be? what's the only diff between the two? base int? maybe thats the only diff i see, skill? sub SCH and dark arts you get a B+ you will be close enough on skill, storm spells? oh wait you get those too /SCH hmmm let me see MAB? nope you still get III + jp +10 will be close if not same i did not care before when we had tier V if you match or got close to our tier IV but now that guys get V too……….obviously storm II will give a greater boost then storm I and ebullience when charges are up. i just think SE shouldn't have messed up things like this both GEO and RDM in my opinion should've kept 1 tier behind SCH and BLM. we have always been on par with BLM on elemental wheel and both GEO/RDM have always been 1 tier before now SCH is 1 tier behind BLM and you guys are on the same lv elemental wheel wise we got bitch slap by SE no advancement for SCH but they though lets promote the other 3 jobs and forget SCH is even there, yet again another thing we get left out off, because they wont mind falling behind 1 tier nor care if 2 other jobs catch up to them tierlv wise.
    (0)
    Last edited by V-1000; 03-11-2015 at 12:47 AM.

Player
    RDM is never invited for nuking, nor will they ever. they are invited for enfeebling and enhancing. stop worrying.
    (1)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by V-1000 View Post
    B+ subbing sch, Keraunos is just 1 weapon, just take the job from scratch you guys get native tier III MAB we get II via sub only , you guys get to increase that tier III via job points aswell, as to previous bcnm comment if you have ever done them you know its mainly possible due to Helix/regen V nothing to do with how hard our nukes can hit. i am not saying we are par in damage just yet, what i am saying is, if you put a SCH and a RDM both with hagondes/same weapon same augments casting tier IV what do you think the result would be? what's the only diff between the two? base int? maybe thats the only diff i see, skill? sub SCH and dark arts you get a B+ you will be close enough on skill, storm spells? oh wait you get those too /SCH hmmm let me see MAB? nope you still get III + jp +10 will be close if not same i did not care before when we had tier V if you match or got close to our tier IV but now that guys get V too……….obviously storm II will give a greater boost then storm I and ebullience when charges are up. i just think SE shouldn't have messed up things like this both GEO and RDM in my opinion should've kept 1 tier behind SCH and BLM. we have always been on par with BLM on elemental wheel and both GEO/RDM have always been 1 tier before now SCH is 1 tier behind BLM and you guys are on the same lv elemental wheel wise we got bitch slap by SE no advancement for SCH but they though lets promote the other 3 jobs and forget SCH is even there, yet again another thing we get left out off, because they wont mind falling behind 1 tier nor care if 2 other jobs catch up to them tierlv wise.
    1 piece can make a difference. I mean you are griping about 4 mab from traits for heavens sake but can't see how 1 piece of gear can make a difference? Btw sure rdm gets jp but sch gets more from gifts than rdm. No it's not just regen and helix. Cast speed, macc, nukes, etc all play a role not to mention much better mythic. Put a rdm and a sch next to each other both casting T4 in full hagones yeah sch is going to win but since you didn't take my suggestion to do the math I'll do it for you (though I don't have exact sets/stats on me)

But for example let's say each has normal traits and applicable jp/gifts and access to various spells and jas that that job and possible subjobs can get. To be nice I wont even use thunder or ice and since I don't have exact stats on me I'll just assume a flat 100 dint value for both even though sch will have more int and we wont even count macc differences (sch will definitely win because of skill and jas, gifts, klimaform and keraunos). Using 25 mab augments on full hag with a bit of other gear good nuking gear 262 mab not counting staff.

Lehbrailg +2 for rdm with good augments will net them another 47 mab and 202 mdmg. Sch with a good keranous will net another +48 mab and 232 mdmg (and something from leaf like fast cast or occult acumen).

Now for actual job differences rdm between normal traits and spells and gifts jps etc will get another 48 mab and T1 storms. sch gets another 37 mab ebbulience and T2 storms (and should be noted after the next update you can start using enhanced ebbulience and Klimaform gear again for even more dmg).

So all totaled for this statwise rdm will have 357 mab and 202 mdmg. sch will have 347 mab and 232 mdmg pretty close before taking into account ja/storms. But for that rdm will get single weather while sch will get double and Ebullience

For stone IV rdm dmg will = (850 +202)*4.57*1.1 = 5061
    For stone IV sch dmg will = (850 +232)*4.47*1.25*1.2 = 7254

Now for fun plug those same stats into stone V and rdm dmg will = (1200 +202)*4.57*1.1 = 7047

So yep not only does sch beat rdm with the same spell sch can actually do more dmg with a t4 than rdm can do with T5. So here is conclusive math to prove that no rdm has not gotten anywhere near sch lvl nuking your worries are completely for naught and next update will just further widen the gap between them. Got nothing and bitchslapped? Those T2 storms were a free 15% dmg to all spells of those elements (and not just for you but for everyone with magic dmg please cast it on my bst). Calm down and use facts instead of feelings. And while I didn't touch much on it there is always the occult acumen and the large amounts you can get on alluvion skirmish gear and how sch gets myrkr to help keep mp up while rdm doesn't
    (5)
    Last edited by dasva; 03-11-2015 at 05:27 AM.

Player
    Why are you under the assumption that SCH won't get it for our next batch of JPs? Remember, if they added it to SCH, then SCH wouldn't have gotten Storm II's this update. I think they wanted to add uniqe spells for all jobs(RDM just got a ton of new spells, like 12 new spells, a few months ago, so they gave us Tier5 nukes). It's cooler they gave SCH storms because they have more use for a wider range of things. SCH will likely get Tier6 eventually through job points, so fret not. Personally I'd rather see Adloquium II, or Helix II's than some 400 MP nuke.
    (1)