Thread: Hachirin-no-Obi

Character
    Traxus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

Hachirin-no-Obi

This item, like the elemental obis that came before it, doesn't just force day/weather bonus proc, it also forces the penalty for opposing element. With the old obis this wasn't relevant, but since the new obi covers all elements at once, this actually makes it a downgrade in instances of opposing elemental day + weather.

For example, let's say you want to nuke with aero during wind weather, but it happens to be iceday. With the old obi you would get the guaranteed +10% wind damage from the weather, and a low chance of a -10% wind damage proc from iceday. With the new obi you would get guaranteed +10% wind damage bonus and a guaranteed -10% wind damage penalty.

In that scenario the Hachirin-no-Obi is just a wasted equipment slot, but in other cases it could be much worse. For example casting a cure in dynamis (double dark weather) during lights day would guarantee a +10% bonus and a -20% penalty.

Shouldn't this item simply be saving us seven inventory slots without penalty, like the Fotia gorget and belt? Does it really need to be situationally worse than the old obis?
    (14)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Well technically it is just forcing the day/weather proc it's just day weather can work both ways. But yeah I agree it's kind of dumb as is
    (2)

Player
    Agreed with op, this annoys the crap out of me too.
    (5)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Yeah, it should preferentially apply the positive effects.
    (6)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    If they change it, should the chance of negative weather still happen, or should the obi remove the effect of negative weather and the day?
    (0)

Player
    Bump, because this deserves dev attention IMO.
    (2)

Character
    Kigensuro
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    this happens with the uncombined obi as well
    i.e. for Anrin Obi(dark)
    day = lightsday -10%
    weather = gloom ("single weather") + 10%
    total bonus = 0%

with Hachirin-no-Obi(dark spell)
    day = lightsday - 10%
    weather = gloom ("single weather") + 10%
    total bonus = 0% and MP not depleted when magic used +1%

so your still getting more by using it
    (3)

Player
    So far as I'm aware, the original obis didn't give you the penalty for other days. If you wore the Korin Obi and cast a cure with Light Weather, Dark Day, you would get the boost 100% of the time, and the penalty only 10% of the time. To force the penalty you'd have to wear the Anrin Obi, then the bonus would only kick in 10% of the time and the penalty would 100% of the time. That's to my knowledge however, I could easily be wrong. If I'm right however, that's the issue people are having, that the penalty is forced 100% of the time now as well as the bonus.
    (5)

Character
    Traxus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Yeah, with the old obis the penalty would only be forced if you were using exactly the wrong one, like casting fire in water obi during water day/weather. I'm not sure what SMD111 is trying to say.
    (1)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    But now you are always wearing the right and wrong ones
    (4)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast