Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Urthdigger
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Gonna have to agree there. When I've bothered, I rarely get it, and for such bad rewards.
    (1)
    He once sold his soul to Promathia for a rare drop. He later won it back in a drinking contest, before beating up the twilight god for good measure.
    He's won dance-off trophies from the Republic of Bastok, the Duchy of Jeuno, and the Yagudo Theomilitary.
    He's won entire arguments with a single leer.
    He is the most interesting galka in the world.

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I think they should remove them entirely or add a /blockpyre command that makes them not targetable.

It sucks if you prefer to use Enter Key to target mobs like I do, if you are sleepy and running around killing mobs for CAP you will sometimes hit enter-key and be plunged into a Fun Exciting Mini Game by mistake lol.
    (2)

Player
    Remove Bayld as a possibility, make them only pop with capes inside, and drop the pop rate to whatever the drop rate is for cape pyres. Additionally, the rate could be a bit higher than that and add HQ Bayld as a possibility rather than entirely removing Bayld outright. But honestly, either way, I think having standard Bayld as the reward for them is pointless and an annoyance.
    (0)

Soul Pyres were created as content based on the idea that while you are solo you gain a little bonus every now and then when defeating monsters, so we do not have any plans to make changes so that you automatically get a small amount of bayld.

We are currently looking into making it easier to open soul pyres and also increasing the benefits when you are able to open them.
    (4)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    Soul Pyres were created as content based on the idea that while you are solo you gain a little bonus every now and then when defeating monsters, so we do not have any plans to make changes so that you automatically get a small amount of bayld.
    This is a confusing answer. How is the reason for not having mobs just give balyd because you want them to give a little now and then? Sounds kind of like the same idea... except not 100% but really there is no difference between a little now and then and even littlier everytime and you can always make it a sometimes thing.

Really even if you made them simple click and scroll to an open it option (which I doubt they will make it that easy) I don't really see it being worth it as even something like that would cost you enough time that you probably could have killed a whole nother mob unless those increased benefits are significant of course. And then even less worth it if you have to go thru and actually solve some kind of puzzle unless again you make it much much better. Like really high rate of having HPB
    (6)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    This is a confusing answer. How is the reason for not having mobs just give balyd because you want them to give a little now and then? Sounds kind of like the same idea... except not 100% but really there is no difference between a little now and then and even littlier everytime and you can always make it a sometimes thing.

Really even if you made them simple click and scroll to an open it option (which I doubt they will make it that easy) I don't really see it being worth it as even something like that would cost you enough time that you probably could have killed a whole nother mob unless those increased benefits are significant of course. And then even less worth it if you have to go thru and actually solve some kind of puzzle unless again you make it much much better. Like really high rate of having HPB
    I think my main problem with all this is that I have a "Slay billions of monsters for jobpoints" state of mind, and a "lets stand around solving quirky puzzle games" state of mind, and they are totally different and mutually exclusive.

I need to keep my steely-eyed bloodlust mob-killing grinding hat on, to farm CAP. If I suddenly switch to my Tetris maths-wizard crossword-solving hat to solve puzzles, it cancels my Conan bloodsoaked slay-everything mood and leaves me standing there feeling confused.
    (17)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    I think my main problem with all this is that I have a "Slay billions of monsters for jobpoints" state of mind, and a "lets stand around solving quirky puzzle games" state of mind, and they are totally different and mutually exclusive.

I need to keep my steely-eyed bloodlust mob-killing grinding hat on, to farm CAP. If I suddenly switch to my Tetris maths-wizard crossword-solving hat to solve puzzles, it cancels my Conan bloodsoaked slay-everything mood and leaves me standing there feeling confused.
    That and if you wanted to solve puzzles and such there are plenty of other ways of doing it that don't involved stopping to kill monsters and yeah task switching between biting ankles and picking locks is not conducing to farming. And if you are wanting to make balyd much faster ways of doing it
    (1)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    That and if you wanted to solve puzzles and such there are plenty of other ways of doing it that don't involved stopping to kill monsters and yeah task switching between biting ankles and picking locks is not conducing to farming. And if you are wanting to make balyd much faster ways of doing it
    Yeah, I missed that movie where Bruce Lee suddenly stopped fighting in the middle of a fierce battle, and took a Rubik's Cube out of his little kungfu pyjamas pocket and started fiddling around with it, face all puzzled frown mode.
    (4)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post

We are currently looking into making it easier to open soul pyres and also increasing the benefits when you are able to open them.
    Making them more appealing to go after is not the worst thing ive heard said, but I don't know how you guys can't see that this is terrible for battle flow. You can't maintain an EXP chain and open these soul pyres, for instance. The system runs counter to most player's primary goal of killing things as fast as possible. The system is just unfun and I'd rather not have it at all than have it give me better stuff, personally.

Why would I stop killing and break my kill streak to solve a puzzle when it's pretty much a 100% certainty that ignoring them is better than stopping to get them? Even then, why would I do it when that's not really the reason I went out to kill things?

I suppose if HP bayld appeared commonly in them I could see myself stopping to check if it was HP bayld or <anything else>, and opening it if it were the former, btu that's about as far as I'd go.
    (4)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 02-26-2015 at 11:13 AM.

Character
    Windwhispering
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    as of right now, soul pyres arent worth the time. I havent seen anyone even trying to get the 50 bayld or the pebbles inside on the cost of loosing a chain.
    (1)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast