Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99

Unity - I can't wear most of this rehashed equipment.

Unity is fine, but some of the newer jobs can't wear much or any of the rehashed equipment. It looks like the next update will see the re-release of several pieces of near-JSE. For instance:
    Vampire Earring - WAR/PLD/DRK/BST/SAM/NIN
    Vampiric Cloak - DRK
    Tredecim Scythe - DRK
    Cure Clogs - WHM
    Caitliff's Socks - many jobs
    Hercules' Ring - WAR/PLD
    Perseus's Harpe* - WAR/THF
    Zoolater Hat* - BST
    Bandomusha Kote* - MNK/SAM/NIN
    * They're probably going to pick 2 out of these 3 pieces because every Unity NM so far has only had 2 drops.

I'm going to toss in one more just for fun:
    Jugo Kukri - THF

DNC, BLU, COR are left off most or all this gear because they were released after it and SE didn't include them on most JSE. Dancer, in particular, lacked any reasonable level 75 daggers for this reason and was left chasing weird, inconvenient weapons like Papilio Kirpan and Cinquedea that were added long after the job's release. Please don't do that to us again.
    (21)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I do agree it's pretty nonsensical to just blindly stay true to the jobs that can equip rehashed old gear, perhaps they'll eventually branch out to ToAU and WotG areas so those jobs can possibly start benefiting from new weapons but keeping it that way does seem silly.

Jugo Kukri for example should really have been equipable by BRD and DNC, it's a pretty significant DPS increase over Atoyac.
    (7)

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Both the 2 new items are shit anyway.

I wish you could wear them because I won't be. I'm a DRK.
    (1)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    New Vampire earring would a great WS earring at night for me.
    (3)

Player
    zoolater hat is easy drop from attowha nm anyway. why put it in unity?
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by jbtexan View Post
    zoolater hat is easy drop from attowha nm anyway. why put it in unity?
    The same reason they are putting updated versions of old easy to get drops from old nms...?
    (4)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidis View Post
    Jugo Kukri for example should really have been equipable by BRD and DNC, it's a pretty significant DPS increase over Atoyac.

That line of daggers has always been THF exclusive and I'm fine with that. DNC shouldn't get everything that THF has especially since they got to keep Accuracy Bonus I-IV when they were promoted to A+ rank dagger skill and have a higher tier of dual wield than THF gets.
    (0)
    Last edited by Atomic_Skull; 02-12-2015 at 03:27 PM.

Character
    Sapphire
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    In a game with 22 jobs, and only releasing ~4 NMs per month, SE should carefully consider creating items that more jobs can use.
    Its no fun to wait an entire month and see a unity update that drops no loot for any of your favorite jobs.
    I'm okay with dnc not being on jugo, just be fair and make something dancer exclusive in the future if you want to claim its for balance reasons.
    (7)
    Death Penalty / Terpsichore / Murgleis / Nagi / Kikoku / Armageddon / Twashtar

Character
    Traxus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphires View Post
    In a game with 22 jobs, and only releasing ~4 NMs per month, SE should carefully consider creating items that more jobs can use.
    Its no fun to wait an entire month and see a unity update that drops no loot for any of your favorite jobs.
    This. Why are people going to bother staying subscribed to do this content when their jobs can't even use the equipment? Blu, pup, dnc, etc. not being able to equip gear doesn't provide nostalgic value to anyone.
    (8)