Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I'm pretty sure MACC will still help, just like it helps a RDM land enfeebling magic or dark magic like stun... I am pretty sure Dasva's right this will be a big boon for BLUs

And yes, you will have to make gear choices. Obviously if 20 MACC is more potent than 5 BLU skill (or whatever) - then equip the MACC... I am not sure what the issue is here.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Player
    This issue is, where SE is trying to fix the jobs to make them fit for the current content to be useful, people complain because that change means they have to do a lot of changing as well. In the OP's case, his gear.
    (1)
    Marada- Badass Tarutaru Ginger

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    @Ev

...You... are completely confused, sir. You wouldn't stack one and then the other at all times, you would stack the greater of the two values. 1 skill is roughly 1 Macc, so if you'd get more out of Macc, you'd put that on over skill. They aren't removing Macc's effect on additional effects, they are BOLSTERING the effects of it. Again, you can wear the same Macc set you have now and still get more of a boost, because not only are you getting that Macc, but you're also getting an additional amount from having native Blue Magic skill. >_> Why is that so hard to understand?
    (0)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

My magic accuracy is currently at +217 from armor, which blue magic armor can I equip so I can have both more magic accuracy, INT, MND and blue magic skill points?

Since blue magic skill will now contribute in governing the magic accuracy of magical blu spells, and I DONT use windower, how can I cap the games new true value of magical accuracy solo.

blue magic skill will help the accuracy (in some cases the amount of damage you deal vs your maximum damage) of magical spells for blues that don't already have hagondes 5/5 but now I'm going to have to reach higher levels of blue magic skill on future content as well as find magic accuracy paths when I haven't had to worry about this thus far.

I like my current subduction damage of 3673 and I very much enjoy my 30k dark orbs as blue mage. I feel I understand the job throughly because I don't read forums on how to play a job for armor or magic decisions, I figure it out myself. I lead an all blue mage linkshell and we are not happy about this new accuracy change because it's making more and more people rely on windower and leaves less people playing on xbox
    (0)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    ...What? That makes no sense. You don't need change your armor sets at all. Are you listening? Contribute =/= Replace. Your Macc gear as valid as ever. Guess what. You don't even have to change your gear sets here. Surprise! To put it simply: Before, you had your base effect accuracy altered by your Magic Accuracy. Now, we've added on a second figure, that only IMPROVES it. You don't have to add more Blue Magic Skill unless it gives you a greater value than your Magic Accuracy. Just some comparisons:

Hagondes +1 Head with a +23 M.acc augment.
    Luhlaza Keffiyeh +1 with 13 Blue Magic Skill.

The former adds 23 Magic Accuracy. The latter adds 13 Magic Accuracy. 23 > 13. I don't see why this is so hard to grasp?

Again. You do not need to change your gear sets at all to benefit from this. Why? Because not only is your old gear still completely viable here, but you get a bonus ON TOP OF YOUR PREVIOUS GEAR from your native skill. Not just skill from armor, actual skill. You know, that thing you spent so long leveling.

Also wtf does Windower have to do with the 'new true value of magical accuracy'? You don't have to use another program to realize that 23 > 13, like shown above. Whichever is higher is still better, you just have native skill to contribute to your magic accuracy now.
    (4)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Player
    If Ken is correct, which I would have no doubt he is, isn't BLU going to become uber after this update? Just saying >.>
    (0)
    Marada- Badass Tarutaru Ginger

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    ...Logic is hard, clearly, and using logic makes me a "novelty blue mage". Are you even reading what I'm saying, or are you trying to arrange my words to make yourself sound good?

I said it, and I'll underline it again, and even bold it if it will help you see. You. Do. Not. Have. To. Change. Your. Gear. As you stated, as I have stated repeatedly, you would NOT take off the +28 Macc head. You would KEEP the +28 Macc head because 28 > 18. That's a 10 Macc difference. There is no nerf here, even if your gear remains entirely the same. It is purely a buff, with no room for a loss; your Macc values have not changed from gear. The only difference is that Blue Magic Skill will add ATOP that.

The general rule of thumb is that 1 Skill = 1 Macc. So let's use your gear. +217 Magic Accuracy. Cool. Now, let's add the skill changes too. 217 + 440 = 657. But okay. 657 Macc is a nerf from 217 Macc.

Now granted, I think we're being a little too hopeful, I imagine there will be some scaling on it, but the base line is that you are not losing that 217 Magic Accuracy. You are gaining a buff without even having to alter your gear sets. But keep thinking that your 20k Abyssea damage is amazing when you can't understand the basic concept of this as a buff. I won't stop you.
    (1)

Last night we were talking about this on the LS, and the concensus is that at least /BLU is probably dead. I only use Headbutt, Sandspin + blindII, battle dance and Cocoon, and from those probably only Cocoon will be useful now.

I hope I'm wrong and /blu retains more usefulness than just Cocoon though.
    (0)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    The thing is that I don't think that it is changing even as a sub. Before, the adjustment for additional effects was purely M.acc. Now it is M.acc and skill, so even /BLU you should still have a BLU49's boost to M.acc from native skill in addition to normal M.Acc. If you have merits in Blue Magic Skill, that might bump you up further.

Tbf though, I haven't tried /BLU in a lot of situations, mostly once or twice on RUN and a few times on DRG back in the day. So I can't say for certain here.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by evanwimbish View Post
    Since blue magic skill will now contribute in governing the magic accuracy of magical blu spells
    The update says "The accuracy of the additional effect of blue magic spells will now vary based on blue magic skill.". The way it reads to me it the update will have no effect on spell damage, nor on spells that don't do damage.
    (0)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast