Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Character
    Safiyyah
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    We currently have no plans to adjust the amount of Alexandrite it takes to complete a Mythic weapon as it'll affect the difficulty for creating these rare weapons.

We'll consider making adjustments to objectives that become more difficult due to party requirement restrictions; however, in regards to easing the difficulty of creating these legendary arms, we'll need to carefully consider how we approach adjustments in order to keep the rarity for existing R/M/E weapons.
    THANK YOU. Today's adjustments are perfect. The FFXI team did an excellent job here, and deserve applause.
    (3)

Character
    Sampi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Safiyyah View Post
    THANK YOU. Today's adjustments are perfect. The FFXI team did an excellent job here, and deserve applause.
    The people who was farming alex to make gil would have something else to say im sure
    (0)

Not so sure, sure supply will go up and prices will decline a bit, but I do expect that with the insane alleviation of the conditions demand for Alexandrite will go up as well.
    At a certain point they'll meet in the middle.
    (1)

Character
    Safiyyah
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinuko View Post
    The people who was farming alex to make gil would have something else to say im sure
    So let's explore that. What in Final Fantasy XI requires mass amounts of gil? Basically only two or three things- REM building, perfecting Skirmish augments, and leveling certain crafts. The "R" and the "M" parts of that first area have now been addressed. Skirmish is so easy, and has such a low barrier to entry, that you can farm your own stones for augments. Crafting has been somewhat addressed as of this latest patch, too, with the range of recipes that give skillups at any given level being widely increased. The only big outstanding issue remaining is the "E". Since 4 songs from bard is gated behind HMP's and Riftcinders still, I expect that will be addressed in the near future, too.

Any other in-game goal can be accomplished without farming Alex or Dyna. Hell, getting your Job Points to cap will reward enough Sparks/Accolades these days to EASILY pay for gearing that job well.

This is the best non-expansion update ever. And I say that as someone who built a mythic starting from scratch under the old system. FFXI is drawing to a close. This lets people have their dream weapons now. The requirements aren't lowered, you still have to put the time in, but it's not gated behind artificial restrictions.
    (1)

Character
    Dieth
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Safiyyah View Post
    So let's explore that. What in Final Fantasy XI requires mass amounts of gil? Basically only two or three things- REM building, perfecting Skirmish augments, and leveling certain crafts. The "R" and the "M" parts of that first area have now been addressed. Skirmish is so easy, and has such a low barrier to entry, that you can farm your own stones for augments. Crafting has been somewhat addressed as of this latest patch, too, with the range of recipes that give skillups at any given level being widely increased. The only big outstanding issue remaining is the "E". Since 4 songs from bard is gated behind HMP's and Riftcinders still, I expect that will be addressed in the near future, too.

Any other in-game goal can be accomplished without farming Alex or Dyna. Hell, getting your Job Points to cap will reward enough Sparks/Accolades these days to EASILY pay for gearing that job well.

This is the best non-expansion update ever. And I say that as someone who built a mythic starting from scratch under the old system. FFXI is drawing to a close. This lets people have their dream weapons now. The requirements aren't lowered, you still have to put the time in, but it's not gated behind artificial restrictions.
    My shot at this thread for Empy:

Can we please lessen the unGodly Restrictions for Empyrean weapons
    (1)
    ~ si deus nobiscum quis contra nos ~
    I am a Lazy French Shower

I'm somewhat expecting something magical in the second installment of RoV taking care of the Empyrians.

Saving Ergons for the last one.
    (0)

Character
    Ovjang
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    I'm somewhat expecting something magical in the second installment of RoV taking care of the Empyrians.

Saving Ergons for the last one.
    Nooooooooo! I would personally settle for just 10min imprimaturs(or something with those cordon ki's) to use to fund last stage of Idris instead of depending on a market.
    (0)

We have a few updates on ZNM requests we have received.
    • There are no plans to make any changes to the acquisition rate of Mulcibar’s Scoria, as this is directly tied to the difficulty of upgrading mythic weapons.

• When it comes to removing the EX property on trigger items for ZNMs and adding warps to their spawning locations, we have to carefully look into this as a single character could control the “???” for a long period of time.

• We’ll be looking into making adjustments to reduce the respawn time of the “???” for ZNMs.
    (5)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Larrymc
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    We have a few updates on ZNM requests we have received.
    • There are no plans to make any changes to the acquisition rate of Mulcibar’s Scoria, as this is directly tied to the difficulty of upgrading mythic weapons.

• When it comes to removing the EX property on trigger items for ZNMs and adding warps to their spawning locations, we have to carefully look into this as a single character could control the “???” for a long period of time.

• We’ll be looking into making adjustments to reduce the respawn time of the “???” for ZNMs.
    This would make alot of people very happy - then we can farm PW pop sets with friends instead of boring solo.
    (3)

Character
    Pretre
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    does it make a diff if you make mythics easyer to make given there is no plans to update the rem weapons to decent dmg
    (1)

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast