Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    Pre-ToAU people XPed on Catoblepas in Bibiki Bay. Once ToAU came around then yes you are correct, it was nothing but birds.
    Moongate pass!

Bloody youngsters.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    Moongate pass!

Bloody youngsters.
    I hated that camp.
    (1)

Character
    Dravidian
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    Perhaps you could show me where the person implied that they sucked instead of copy / pasting words that you don't understand off the internet...

Literally millions of posts and comments on hundreds of websites regarding this game beg to differ.

maybe you should take a look at this.

maybe you should take a look at things like the 7th census and don't blindly post stuff and you might better understand the job levels sections rather than thinking it supports your cause. The job levels section you linked doesn't directly relate to the pop of people with 75 jobs while it also does at the same time. When it did a census on a character, it didn't just calculate it's highest job. For example, 1 person could have 1 75 job, and the other 19 could fall in other categories. For example, ALL 500k users that they reported could of theoretically had a lvl 75 job or multiple 75 jobs.

Also, what million of posts are you referring to? Inb4 more links of irrelevance and random threads that supposedly constitute a majority view. So glad threads like this never pop up anywhere.... oh wait.

And wut @ your first comment?
    (0)

Both Bibiki Bay and Ro'Maeve had their up and downsides.
    I must say I liked Moon better than Bibiki bay as the only real issue I had there was people being too cheap to bring their own oils and powders.

Which was one way to seperate the morons.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Pre-ToAU people XPed on Catoblepas in Bibiki Bay. Once ToAU came around then yes you are correct, it was nothing but birds.
    I have done catobelpas before but only like once. I don't think this was the big most popular camp- bibiki bay didn't even support that many parties.
    (0)

Character
    Dazusu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    It's all still there. But, People aren't really yearning for the old content. They are yearning for everyone else to be forced to do it with them.
    Some of it is still there, and some of it has had its mechanics changed at the core. Some people are still yearning for the old content. The issue with the existing old content is that it is no longer relevant or a challenge. It was designed for level 75, we are now level 99. Fighting Tiamat at level 99 does not provide the same thrill or experience that it did at level 75. Nor are the rewards appropriate. There has been talk of "Well, sync yourself to 75" - that really wouldn't be any fun or give a sense of achievement or progression. The content is tired and old; and just like everyone else - the people who love that type of content want something new.

As for needing someone to do it with, I speak from personal experience that the majority of my Linkshell quit the game because of a lack of group content. We exhausted Legion and Delve 1 when it was first released - most of us stopped playing after the 500th Tojil kill and waiting for Delve 2. Had SE kept up with that end of the community, there might still be more people playing now.

My key point in this argument is, I want to see this type of content but only in addition to the more relaxed low man content that also exists. No one should be forced to participate in this type of content if they don't wish; so rewards should match (there-abouts) what exists from other end-game type content. I don't understand any player argument as to why only one type of content should exclusively exist.

Regardless though, this is a tired discussion that's been had so many times on these forums - and I think we can all agree that even if the entire player base was in favor of this type of content - it still wouldn't be forthcoming.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dazusu; 01-06-2015 at 07:14 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    Seriously, this all started because you denied that people ever had to put their flags up wait for hours for XP. You're the one who's ignorant, and I mean that not as an insult but simply the truth, if you are unaware of the game's past where that was indeed commonplace. I started around the time COP was released, and that's how it was then and long before. If you had played DRG then instead of during ToAU, you would understand.

Anyone who tried to level a DD job in that era will tell you what a chore it was. And no it wasn't hard, I want to go ahead and say that before you start reading that in to what I'm typing, but it was very tedious. There was no effective way to solo back then unless you were a BST or /BST and that was by no means fast XP. So yeah if you wanted XP you waited for a group either hoping one would pick you or trying to piece one together from who was available. Yeah you could craft, but that didn't net you XP. You were still waiting. Some nights you just were unable to make any progress with XP at all. It's great that you never had to deal with that, but those who came before you like myself did. Trust me, better players than you or I could ever hope to be suffered just as much. Waiting for XP wasn't a sign of being bad. It was a sign of playing FFXI.
    Everyone wanted to level a DD job, when I leveled whm/rdm/brd/pld or nin I never waited more than 20 mins for an invite. Usually within minutes of flagging I was in a party.

This is not a FF issues, it's an MMO issue. Everyone wanting to be a dd job.
    (1)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I have done catobelpas before but only like once. I don't think this was the big most popular camp- bibiki bay didn't even support that many parties.
    I didn't claim that it was the only camp or the best camp. Just that people XPed there.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I didn't claim that it was the only camp or the best camp. Just that people XPed there.
    You certainly implied that you felt like that was a popular place or something, otherwise you wouldnt have mentioned it when people were talking about things like birds that virtually everyone did at some point.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Hercule View Post
    I hope SE will make this lv 75 Server to all players that miss these old days (as me)
    You have alternatives if you simply look...
    (0)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast