Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Leylong
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

Can some one explain "Mog Gardens"

I know this might seem like a dumb question, but I'm having a hard time figuring out the mog garden system. It seems extremely overly complicated, or maybe I'm just looking at it wrong?

The only reason I want to know anything about the mog garden system in the first place is for the Straw Hat. That's honestly all I'm after.

There's some information on places like BG explaining some things, but I still feel very confused by it all. How exactly do you raise your rank at different geological locations? Just by harvesting them daily? Does giving them stuff make it go any quicker or get your rank any higher? Again, sorry but I'm really confused. I'm just looking for the quickest way to get a straw hat.

Thanks!
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    You harvest them daily and then buy KIs from an NPC near HP#1 in Western Adoulin (I forget the name) to raise your rank. There's no way to know when you can raise your rank besides just talking to the person.
    (1)

Character
    Leylong
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    So basically, you have to just use your geological sites on a daily basis and some coalition in Adoulin has to have certain control over something? Then you spend tons of bayld after howevermany tons of days to get the key items that make your rank go up?
    (1)

Character
    Doctorweird
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 30
    The upgrade KI can be bought for gil at the mog dinghy located in most of the port zones in the major cities as well. But it's probably more efficient to use bayld. Most of the garden will level up reasonably fast, but the garden part where you plant seeds can take significantly longer. I believe it was stated that it levels based on the number of items harvested from it, so the idea was to use a lot of fast growing crops that yield lots of crappy items.
    (1)

Player
    i seem to remember a post recently about furrows being the # of times harvested, not the amount of items.
    (1)
    Last edited by Protey; 12-31-2014 at 05:09 AM.

Character
    Leylong
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I finally figured out how to do the questline, it's just so... Boring and silly. I think the Mog Gardens concept would be really nice but they seem to implement it kind of, oddly? They explain things that don't need explaining and don't explain things that do need explanations (in game). I already did everything but the quest for the straw hat, so now I guess it's just getting the different geological locations to rank 7 so I can get the straw hat. Do the little helper NPC's make that go by quicker? Again, pretty much my only objective in all this is the straw hat.
    (0)

Character
    Xantavia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    It may seem boring, but I keep doing it for the income. As your ranks get higher, you can get better items from the locations. Just NPC'ing all the stuff, I can usually get around 30k a day just from the mining and logging part of the garden when it pops out 2-3k items. May not seem like a lot but it slowly adds up over time and could keep you in consumables like food.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It's unclear to me what mog gardens are even good for. I tried it once, spent like 20 mins on the tutorials, got nothing interesting and basically never went there again. Chacharoon's Cheer and the monster rearing don't sound interesting at all. Playing as the monsters in monstrosity seems a lot more fun than raising them.
    (1)

Player
    raising the monsters for the cheer bonus takes all of 15 seconds. once you tell chacharoon which type of monster you want, all you do is pet it (or whatever is best for that type of monster) and trade it an item once per day. The bonuses are nice in that you can increase your skills in weapons/magic/crafting.

As for the rest of mog gardens, you can get some nice things. Like Matsya. Or the artifact upgrade items (exalted log, beryllium ore, etc).
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    It's unclear to me what mog gardens are even good for. I tried it once, spent like 20 mins on the tutorials, got nothing interesting and basically never went there again. Chacharoon's Cheer and the monster rearing don't sound interesting at all. Playing as the monsters in monstrosity seems a lot more fun than raising them.
    If you're a crafter, it gives you a bunch of crafting items every day you can use for various recipes. If you aren't a crafter, you can AH or NPC the stuff, and the moogle in the garden will buy the items, which makes it a decent gil source for new players. You can get several moat carp a day from the freshwater pond, so it helps with the Lu Shang quest. Also, the flotsam gives a lot of useful items. Most of the nodes can only be used so many times per day, but the garden furrows can be done multiple times a day depending on the seed used. Also, instead of gardening with pots in your mog house, you get a lot more items using seeds in the furrows instead.

BlueGartr has a huge thread on what items they've received from the gardens, and there is some nice stuff to be had.

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/116...s-Information/
    (0)
    Last edited by bungiefanNA; 01-01-2015 at 04:00 AM.
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast