Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Shyuko
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

Enlight decay removal or decrease

So, with all the buffs etc. each job is getting. Would it be too much to ask for a decrease to the potency of Enlight's decay or complete removal of it? Ninja got an extra auto attack, etc. so I can't say removal of Enlight decay would be too overpowered maybe... considering most if not all of the new endgame battlefields, etc. resist the damage from it by a large amount.

Meaning the bigger benefit to it is free accuracy to Paladins, but then that helps us to tank just as much as it does Ninja with their new/free throwing attack at a 40% or so proc rate, not sure if it goes higher... Well hopefully you see my point.

Atleast would like to get a reply on this if possible and hope it gets some sort of adjustment to help Paladins out a bit... since we cannot get shield skill added to Aegis, etc. :/
    (1)
    Last edited by Raka; 12-28-2014 at 02:09 AM.

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Using runes already blocks enlight from decaying and I comfortably sub RUN to almost every tanking situation now.
    (2)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Yeah but then you miss out on all that awesome fencering from /war!.... Speaking of which why is basically the only job that consistently melees with 1 one handed weapon not have fencer anyways?
    (1)

Character
    Shyuko
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    Using runes already blocks enlight from decaying and I comfortably sub RUN to almost every tanking situation now.
    Yeah, though it's like dasva says: you miss out of all the great benefits Warrior support has to offer. Double Attack trait, Fencer, Provoke(though with some of the enmity changes they made to Paladin it's not so much needed plus usually have Rangers for controlling hate, but that depends on what you do I guess). You lose out on Aggressor, Berserk, and Warcry too, which does help out still considering most things are tanked with damage reduction kits and/or Ochain. Then you just swap in Aegis for the phases that require heavy magic damage reduction, etc.

So yeah it would really be a nice change for Paladins to have the decay removed or atleast heavily reduced, but I guess that's just me. Rune Fencer support role just makes the point more legit in a sense. Since it stops the decay and you get a pretty potent on-hit damage effect at the same time still, but of any of the 8 elemental types, not just light damage.
    (0)

Character
    Shyuko
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Yeah but then you miss out on all that awesome fencering from /war!.... Speaking of which why is basically the only job that consistently melees with 1 one handed weapon not have fencer anyways?
    I can't begin to wonder the same exact thing every time I find myself in the forums, lol. Fencer would be a nice addition to Paladins arsenal.
    (0)

Character
    Jeremi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raka View Post
    Yeah, though it's like dasva says: you miss out of all the great benefits Warrior support has to offer. Double Attack trait, Fencer, Provoke(though with some of the enmity changes they made to Paladin it's not so much needed plus usually have Rangers for controlling hate, but that depends on what you do I guess). You lose out on Aggressor, Berserk, and Warcry too, which does help out still considering most things are tanked with damage reduction kits and/or Ochain. Then you just swap in Aegis for the phases that require heavy magic damage reduction, etc.

So yeah it would really be a nice change for Paladins to have the decay removed or atleast heavily reduced, but I guess that's just me. Rune Fencer support role just makes the point more legit in a sense. Since it stops the decay and you get a pretty potent on-hit damage effect at the same time still, but of any of the 8 elemental types, not just light damage.
    It's not just you. I think the whole decay on enlight is stupid and unnecessary. They need to remove it outright or at least offer us a job category that lets us get rid of it.
    (1)
    Last edited by Dale; 03-05-2015 at 06:24 AM.

Character
    Martel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Sure, it'd be great if they removed enlight decay. But we all know that if they did that, they'd nerf the crap outta the potency. So... no thanks. I'd rather keep my constant +110 acc on PLD/RUN.
    (0)

Character
    Jeremi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Martel View Post
    Sure, it'd be great if they removed enlight decay. But we all know that if they did that, they'd nerf the crap outta the potency. So... no thanks. I'd rather keep my constant +110 acc on PLD/RUN.
    Removing the decay wouldn't justify a huge nerf in my opinion.

It's hard enough to find accuracy on tanking gear. So I would argue if anything: the accuracy bonus only highlights why the decay should be removed. Or as I said: at least allow us to get rid of it through job points. We could use a useful job point category anyway: and this would be a good place to start.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dale; 03-06-2015 at 12:27 AM.

Character
    Elqplau
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Lol sence rdm weapons almost all fencing y dont we have the ability?
    (0)

Character
    Martel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I don't think it justifies a huge nerf either. But that's what SE would do.

For example, when it was asked if DRGs could have jump timers separated. SE said; they could do that, but they'd have to put the recasts back to the old times. Which are 50% longer than current. Over all, it'd have been a net LOSS to dps. -_-

So while I'm all for removing/mitigating enlight decay, I just don't think SE will do it without "Balancing" it into worthlessness.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast