Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Jimb
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99

Give me feedback.

As a COR, I only shoot; never melee. Is it entirely wrong to completely focus Ranged Attack > Ranged Accuracy?

Of my current gear (not sure what else is out there for COR yet), my Empy +2 body is the only body I have that has Ranged Attack. Other items on the AH that I can afford has Ranged Accuracy.

Haven't done Seeker as COR yet (people choose BRD before me, and if tho keep up, then I'll re-focus NIN for solo purposes) so I'm not sure if those mobs has high evasion against my shots.

I'm also currently equipped with Armageddon 85.
    (0)

Character
    Sandmaster
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I presume you are returning? I'd research ilevel equipment, or just check BG for reforged AF or Relic, This is Corsair's Reforged AF+1, item level 119

All the reforged item equipment you do not need Adoulin for, but Adoulin has many sexy armour pieces and weapons that fall inline with item level 119 reforged armor. Oh, and before you get that you can check out Sparks of Eminence as that will give you very easy to get i117 gear & an i117 Eminent Gun.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimble View Post
    As a COR, I only shoot; never melee. Is it entirely wrong to completely focus Ranged Attack > Ranged Accuracy?
    It depend on situation. Cap acc before you worry about attack. If your acc's capped then anymore acc is useless. This rule applies to both ranged and melee.
    (0)

In terms of easier to get stuff:

Iuitl vest(which Cor can wear) has +10 RACC on it... not sure if the stat vomit makes up for the loss of RATK/ and the 4 RACC... but anyway

And it can be augmented for any of these stats:

R.Acc+
    R.Atk+
    Recycle+
    Snapshot+

Though I wouldn't waste a lot of gil upgrading it - I'd focus on 119ing it before bothering to do much more than spend stones you get while trying to get said vest.

Also even easier to get the

Aeto. Jerkin +1 99 [Body] All Races
    DEF:116 HP+86 MP+81 STR+20 DEX+31 VIT+20 AGI+30 INT+18 MND+18 CHR+18 Accuracy+15 Ranged Accuracy+15 Evasion+39 Magic Evasion+56 "Magic Def. Bonus"+4 Haste+4%
    LV 99

But really the AF1 is probably your best bet - as noted above. Even at 109 it's got the same amount of RACC/RATK that your AF3 has AND it has stat vomit. What's not to love?

Just a tip - ffxiah.com has a "power search" for items - you can filter for things like Job, level of item (unfortunately no ilevel!) and slot. Then you add search terms like "ranged" into the description
    (0)
    Last edited by Olor; 12-30-2014 at 04:04 AM.
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Jimb
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    It depend on situation. Cap acc before you worry about attack. If your acc's capped then anymore acc is useless. This rule applies to both ranged and melee.
    I'm on Asura, and with the exception of people looking for a COR for Capacity Point farm, most only want COR that is DD-potent. Since getting Deathlocke yesterday, my shot do 435+. Leaden Salute does upward of 4k while Wildfire is usually less than half of that.
    (0)

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Is there a reason you're opposed to meleeing for tp? There are situations where you'd want to shoot only but in several situations your party buffs are going to be geared towards meleeing and you might have faster tp gain that way.
    (1)

Character
    Jimb
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoshi View Post
    Is there a reason you're opposed to meleeing for tp? There are situations where you'd want to shoot only but in several situations your party buffs are going to be geared towards meleeing and you might have faster tp gain that way.
    No true reason why I'm opposed to melee. 98% of my gear is for ranged attack and ranged accuracy. That's all I know. I have a Joyuese (spelling), but I'm sure it's obsolete in current times.

You got me curious now as to what melee gear I can and should use on COR. Is Twilight Belt and Suppanomimi still good to use?

Keep in mind that I have no access to Seekers content at the moment, so I can't...aim...for that stuff yet.
    (0)

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Oh :X. Without seekers gear gets a bit tricky (mostly because of the daggers). I'm not sure what content you're aiming for. I'll write out what my melee sets look like and consider what downgrades are possible. Also sorry for the wall of text.

For non evasive stuff I use the following gear: Vanir Knife, Atoyac (with DA and ws dmg augments), Iuitl Headgear +1 (DA augment), Qaaxo Harness (path a), Qaaxo Mitaines (path a), Iuitl Tights +1 (DA augment), Manibozho Boots (path a), Asperity Necklace, Windbuffet Belt +1, Steelflash Earring, Bladeborn Earring, Rajas Ring, Epona's Ring, Bleating Mantle. In this set I assume that acc is not an issue so I try to maximize the amount of da and ta I can equip while still hitting haste cap. It's a very fun build because you almost never stop swiging. Sam roll is your friend with cor melee btw. Without seekers gear you're looking to change quite a bit of that though. Could substitute nilas gloves, thaumas coat, portus collar, suppa, and brutal. Portus will take quite a bit of work to obtain so maybe not worth it. I'm at a loss for what head and feet to use in this setup, can always just grab the acc pieces I'm about to list.

For higher level content like 133 incursion I go full acc in the following set: Vanir Knife, Sabebus (path b), Mekosu. Harness, Whirlpool Mask, Anguinus Belt, Epona's Ring, Haverton Ring, Qaaxo Mitaines, Letalis Mantle, Heartseeker Earring, Dudgeon Earring, Ej Necklace, Ighwa Trousers, and Lanun Bottes +1. If you don't have haverton ring (I'd imagine most don't) you can swap belts to shetal stone and ring to ramuh ring +1. For non seekers gear you can replace body with Lanun Frac +1, head with Lithelimb Cap, hands with Hegira Wristbands, (legs with - not sure here maybe sombra tights?), and stick with brutal/suppa for ears. As far as non seekers daggers, I'm not sure what is available - apparently something called Nanti Knife (cor can't use eminent dagger or garuda knife). You could instead offhand eminent scimitar (I'm not a sword fan but that's personal preference). If you're looking at ilvl content the joytoy won't work well (really need that extra skill from the weapon to hit things).

I think a lot of those alternatives will take a lot of work to get (many of them are HTBF drops).
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimble View Post
    No true reason why I'm opposed to melee. 98% of my gear is for ranged attack and ranged accuracy. That's all I know. I have a Joyuese (spelling), but I'm sure it's obsolete in current times.

You got me curious now as to what melee gear I can and should use on COR. Is Twilight Belt and Suppanomimi still good to use?

Keep in mind that I have no access to Seekers content at the moment, so I can't...aim...for that stuff yet.
    Well you kinda need seekers access to do anything meaningful. Most of the players do SoA content and wear SoA gears. Without SoA access you probably won't find anyone to do stuff with, unless you're lucky or have close friends.
    (0)

Character
    Jimb
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    *UPDATE*
    Ordered another copy of Seekers of eBay. Expected to have it by the 13th of this month. I had access to Seekers before, but I was still playing lesser content (I'm still a huge fan of Abyssea).

I have a Deathlocke for COR, but I see there are stronger guns out there. I beat the four Chariots as well as Odin for credit towards Death Penalty, but I need to do more research to see if I should get it or not.

So many choices lol... Too bad COR don't get a Relic gun.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast