Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Empyrean/AF3 reforging when?

Previous posts by community reps have stated rather clearly that our Abyssea acquired JSE was also going to be reforged. In anticipation of this I-among others-have been stockpiling rem's chapters rather than augmenting pieces in the AF or Relic paths that would be clearly inferior. Without the ilevel treatment for the most part this gear is inferior in current end-game content. Could we please get some hint when this might be happening? oh, and if chapters aren't to be used for reforging I'd like to know that too as I have some pieces on lesser jobs that could be upgraded if I won't be needing the chapters for Empy armor. Thanks for any response.
    (4)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    SE already laid out January, most of February, and gave a laundry list of things that are going to happen "after February" in the recent Freshly Picked posts. They didn't mention Empyrean armor, so it seems safe to assume it's waiting until at least after March.
    (0)

Player
    Yeah, they likely have to make a new kind of content to make the upgrade items drop from. This is assuming Empy reforged gear will use a different system than Rems Tales and synth items from Delve. Maybe a new endgame type content where base pieces drop for RUN/GEO amongst other upgrade items.
    (0)

They aren't "clearly inferior" some of them have bonuses to certain abilities or spells like the AF1 reforged boots for BLU enhance CA. Just spend them, not like its hard to reobtain them.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    SE already laid out January, most of February, and gave a laundry list of things that are going to happen "after February" in the recent Freshly Picked posts. They didn't mention Empyrean armor, so it seems safe to assume it's waiting until at least after March.
    yeah, I noticed, but the posts were back when JSE reforge was 1st announced, then again last may, last august and I'm probably missing at least one. I was trying to remind them that some of us are eagerly anticipating this. Example, my primary party job is bard and the empy armor is better than either the AF or Relic jse bard armor in almost every way, but without the ilevel treatment it leaves me dangerously vulnerable in end-game content even though the augments on it are pretty nifty. even if all it gets is "stat vomit" that will likely include def+ amongst others that will help a ton. And the JSE armors of all sorts are focused on job specific augments that can make them potentially better than the current grab-bag end-game gear for bard-or any other job and their respective gear. as an example I know many summoners who are eagerly awaiting the reforge on Empy armor because frankly that set is SWEET for summoner. I'd like the reforge on thief just to get the def up on my empy +2 feet. The list goes on.

The basic point is it's been over a year, that's plenty of time to have already gotten this done, so I for one would like a definite time-table on this.

and as to my clearly inferior statement, I stand by it. having seen what ilevel 119 has done to the AF and the relic pieces for a job you can try to project the same effect on to the Empy armor. Doing that, it doesn't take a lot of effort to then put the 3 feet side by side and say number 1, 2, or 3 is the best of the 3, and more often than not the potential ilevel 119 empy piece is the best of the 3, likely because it was designed with the most current playstyles in mind when it was made. Certainly it isn't in EVERY case-I reforged the bst relic set because it's the best for charming at level 119 content and as I'm not going to get invites to instanced content on beast unless I refuse to play another job I really don't need a set currently that's focused on jug pets. If I get a hellacious set-like the Empy-to be available that may change, but given the crap numbers for our current end-game jug pets I wasn't going to hold my breath.
    (1)

Character
    Seigyoku
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I know this isn't what you want to hear, but a lot of the top devs did an interview with a Japanese magazine recently to celebrate the end of the SoA storyline. There is no official translation into English, but one fan did provide a translation that you can search out if you wish.

One question that was asked was about the future of RUN and GEO and about if they were getting Empy-equivalent gear. The answer was "Yes, and so will the other jobs, but I'm afraid that is a while out, sorry."

So don't hold your breath for March either.
    (0)
    Don't wish. Don't start.

I'd love an update on this. I still need to wear a lot of my empy on bard and it means I have the defense of a wet paper bag.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Also, if the DEV team can shine light on Salvage gear getting upgrades, that would be great.

I am sure it will happen eventually. Could be a summer release along with some new content.
    (1)

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Af3 would be really nice to see mixed with what we have. I'm sure dragoons would do some rejoicing with their af3 body piece reforged.
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Sometimes I like to equip my Empyrean gear, use /lockstyle, then change into my real gear.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast