Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    The game might only display 99999 but the dmg goes higher and you will hit skillchains waaaaaaaay higher than that
    Wait, is this true? I figured it was like other final fantasy games where there is a damage cap that can't go over a certain number.
    (0)

I'm pretty sure this is true. I remember seeing a picture of something using Benediction after receive a crap ton of DMG, but the amount healed was greater than what was displayed.
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebo View Post
    Cry BLU nerf, CRY SAM nerf, cry something that makes actual sense....or just stop crying. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.
    And I did? Funny thing is when I mentioned the above 2 jobs shouldn't be as strong as they currently are, and for some reason you completely missed it. Go back to previous pages, see what I said about SAM and BLU. When I mentioned your beloved THF you complained about "you have no idea what you are talking about", you're just....unable to accept other's opinion as long as it's about THF.
    (0)
    Last edited by Afania; 12-30-2014 at 10:07 AM.

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    3000 SA rudra's with capped pdif on a dmg neutral target with 300 dex and +25% crit dmg is mathed out to ~30k dmg. So your "much" higher is definitely a dmg weak mob and I use thf a lot now and 20-25k is much closer to the norm on neutral mobs. But sure let's go with 30k and give you a 8% skillchain bonus your rudra rudra dark goes up to 103k.

A Fudo with 300 str, also capped pdif with overwhelm with delve gkt on a dmg neutral mob with average effective tp of 1800 (fairly easy since they can get to 1000 before animation ends combined with 550 tp bonus) with only on average 1 extra hit (mythic sams will be much higher) is 9.5k fudo and 5.5k shoha so guess I'm just seeing a lot of dmg weak stuff. Adjusting for that the 5 step skillchain will only be 93k.

Slightly less but much more repeatable so while your thfs are waiting for tp/timers and trying to get into position/turn the mob your sam or other DDs are spamming their ws. And these ws are significantly more buffable since they will increase with tp a lot and the relatively low ftp helps make extra hits do more. And if we are going to bring in your spike dmg I'm going to bring in sam jas to boost that a dmg

Sam is being pulled in to show that other jobs can do it to and do so with what is now mediocre ws dmg to show that the real problem was the skillchain update. And if you think Fudo is OP idk what to tell you as I can outdo fudos dmg with rdm cdcs. I posted a 50k+ cloudsplitter the past page which I'm pretty sure I could beat with trueflight on my rng and leaden salute is better than that now especially with the newish hairpin. I think byrth gets 30k vidohunirs solo on blm
    1)I've seen 30k+ in incursion, do they have dmg boost mechanic? Feel free to tell about it if I missed anything.

2)The situation I talked about wasn't a situation that'd need to wait for JA recast. You engage NM with JA, reset JA, zerg, by the time you finished zerging NM's already dead.

3)Ok, SAM is OP, but that wasn't my point, see the post above.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulth View Post
    Wait, is this true? I figured it was like other final fantasy games where there is a damage cap that can't go over a certain number.
    There was a guy who screenshotted doing a 113559 barrage to Volatile Matamata that he claims took it from 46% to 0 by itself and that mob has a little over 2 mil hp... so that would be around 1 mil dmg but not as much showed. And previously when the display cap was around 63k people were clearly going over it and it would just roll around and they'd one shot mobs with 65k+ hp
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    1)I've seen 30k+ in incursion, do they have dmg boost mechanic? Feel free to tell about it if I missed anything.

2)The situation I talked about wasn't a situation that'd need to wait for JA recast. You engage NM with JA, reset JA, zerg, by the time you finished zerging NM's already dead.

3)Ok, SAM is OP, but that wasn't my point, see the post above.
    1) I forgot the randomizer which could add another 15% but I didn't because you can't rely on that especially considering I was already relying on rolling high pdif with capped cRATIO while for the sam I was figuring average pdif with capped cRATIO. Again you are clearly talking random spikes or dmg weak mobs not averages

2) Fine let's not wait. I'll throw meditate in there to boost several ws, Hagakure to give the last fudo a 1000 tp bonus and Sengikori to give the last skillchain another 25% dmg.

3) Not just sam look how OP rng is let's ban trueflight too!!! I mean I don't even play it and just threw random gear I mostly got from my thf on it imagine if I geared and had day and weather and iridescence bonus. And had a better geo. And more agi from a brd and whm. And cor to add another 20% from qd and mab roll. And run to give another 30% dmg with gambit!!! And find someone to give me killer effects for even moar! And leaden salute is slightly stronger

(0)
    Last edited by dasva; 12-30-2014 at 11:53 AM.

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    It's clearly possible to go over the display cap for damage and that's kind of too bad, but it's unlikely that SE will increase it again. I think they're stretching their space a bit thin. For instance, did you know that spike damage is still capped at 9,999?

If they wanted to increase the damage cap further, they'd have to reduce the maximum number of targets that are displayed per action.
    (0)
    Last edited by Byrth; 12-30-2014 at 11:55 AM.

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    I don't understand why can't rudra get a nerf.
    Because it's fine the way it is.
    (6)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Skull View Post
    I don't understand why can't rudra get a nerf.
    If only explaining things were so simple.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    3) Not just sam look how OP rng is let's ban trueflight too!!!
    Malaise needs a nerf, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Skull View Post
    Lol, coming from someone with a "problem SAM?" and an epeen rudra SS in the signature, sounds pretty ironic to me.
    (0)
    Last edited by Afania; 12-31-2014 at 02:22 AM.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast