Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Character
    Wenceslao
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Really SE what is happening with you guys?, 6~9 years ago FFXI was the best MMORPG, you opened this forum to receive feedbacks from the players and to looks what we are wanting, and what we receive? Dynamis-Reborn? (a thread in which the majority of the players are against) New Trigger Conditions to pop Fafnir, Nidhogg, Behemoth and King Behemoth (another thread in which, player are against of implement it). I know you have lot of work to do and I am not against it, but you should take a closer look on what the players really want, as stated by many DRGs on this thread, this is not something new, we have been asking this for years, in the end we are the ones who are playing and this past months has been a wth? is happening with FFXI, many changes are expected to take action, but please do it properly, the general feeling of the players is not good, you have been focusing in add-ons scenarios and not in the expansions, you have been focusing on add more stuffs to do (when we already have many stuffs to do, but many players just don't do it because the rewards are gimped now) why not take a closer look on what we really want and not in what you think we want?.

I know you are working hard but please there are some content we would like to take effect in the short run (like this thread) than other stuffs, if you could delay the world merge, you can delay other stuffs in favor of what your customers wants more, anyway hope you read this, and thank you for taking the time to give us an explanation.
    (7)

Character
    Twille
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    This is the 2nd or 3rd response from SE stating something along the lines of player requested changes being a "low-priority" to other things.
    What other things? Things like [dex1012]? What a waste of time. SE did the same thing with the promyvions, what good did that do? Things like [dev1011]? Treasure caskets...seriously? I've soloed 3 or 4 jobs to level 50 and roughly a dozen to level 30 and I've rarely ever had the need for the items found in these random chests.

I would consider things such as this (wyvern color customization) one of the highest priorities. What separates a good game from a great game is the little things. FFXI already has the makings of a really good game, a VAST and complex story, lots of areas to explore and quests to do, tons of jobs to play, etc. FFXI is pretty late into it's life cycle and is obviously not getting nearly as much attention as FFXIV, why not take the time to make lots of the smaller tweaks that people have been wanting for so long?
    Just my 2 gil.
    (5)

As they state, they couldn't use a system like the linkshell colour selection. They would have to make individually recoloured .dat models for each wyvern colour. However they also play up how long it would take. It wouldn't be an obscene amount of time or manpower required. Recolouring .dats is a fairly simple process.

That aside, there are already three different wyvern dats in the game. Kindred Wyvern, Wynav and Wyvern (Pet). Even the option to choose between one of these would be a start, and would hardly be a difficult idea. Concidering Dynamis and Sea are sort of other dimensions already (Well, Lumoria is in Space and Dynamis is a Dream), and that abyssea is completely based on another dimension, it would not be out of cannon for an abyssea NPC to be able to change your blue wyvern into his Sea Wynav or Dynamis Kindred Wyvern for you.

Now would it be hard to implement either. Choose one of 3 wyvern choices > personal wyvern dat changed from rom/###/###.dat to rom/###/###.dat.
    (5)
    Last edited by noodles355; 04-28-2011 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    That aside, there are already three different wyvern dats in the game. Kindred Wyvern, Wynav and Wyvern (Pet). Even the option to choose between one of these would be a start, and would hardly be a difficult idea. Concidering Dynamis and Sea are sort of other dimensions already (Well, Lumoria is in Space and Dynamis is a Dream), and that abyssea is completely based on another dimension, it would not be out of cannon for an abyssea NPC to be able to change your blue wyvern into his Sea Wynav or Dynamis Kindred Wyvern for you.
    Nice idea... Choosing between existing in game wyverns would be a good compromise. Not that it's a major issue but would this effect the Emotes??
    (0)
    The days of the digital watch are numbered.

Character
    Korialstrasz
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    That aside, there are already three different wyvern dats in the game. Kindred Wyvern, Wynav and Wyvern (Pet).
    There are actually 4. Ark Angel GK has a unique black wyvern that is similar to the dynamis wyverns, only it has a faint avatar type glow to it.
    (0)

Character
    Fuviont
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 95
    Yeah, I'd love my wyvern to look like the Dynamis wyverns. LET US CHOOSE THE WYVERN COLOR!!!
    (0)

Character
    Tanzaw
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Give the devs a break ~.~ They told you why they couldn't do that AT THIS TIME. So they'll either TRY to input this feature in the future, or they'll give you something else that'll distract you from this.
    (0)

Player
    or they change at certain points as they lvl.
    (0)

Character
    Mookies
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 90
    I would love for new wyvern colors. It's a really nice way to customize your drg. Doesn't need to be crazy like stripes or poka-dots but your basic colors would be great. Black/White/Red/Yellow/Orange/Blue/Green/Indigo/Purple. I mean come on, the lizards and reptiles of nature come in different colors ^^.
    (0)

Character
    Graystone
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    YES PLZ!!! AMEN
    (0)

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast