Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    As some of you may have already noticed in the version update notes, Dancing Edge, Exenterator, and Chant du Cygne were removed from the list of weapon skills that received potency increases. The original plan was to both increase their potency as well as have their bonuses apply to the each hit of the weapon skill; however, after testing this further the team came to the conclusion that only making the latter adjustment would reach the improvements they wanted and they decided to not improve the potency as well.

Apologies that this was not clarified beforehand and we appreciate your understanding.
    (3)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Player
    Yeah... I mean... that's.... but.. Rudra's Storm.... and... now... Thf....

Sad BLU is Sad.
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    As some of you may have already noticed in the version update notes, Dancing Edge, Exenterator, and Chant du Cygne were removed from the list of weapon skills that received potency increases. The original plan was to both increase their potency as well as have their bonuses apply to the each hit of the weapon skill; however, after testing this further the team came to the conclusion that only making the latter adjustment would reach the improvements they wanted and they decided to not improve the potency as well.

Apologies that this was not clarified beforehand and we appreciate your understanding.
    Thanks for this note. Additionally, it seems that True Strike and Blade: Kamu were not affected by the patch despite still being on the list in the update notes. Was this also intentional?
    (8)

4. 12-12-2014 05:48 PM

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post

Sad BLU is Sad.
    Rudra's is still mediocre, don't dress it up to be stronger than it actually is.

Shh...don't make them think it needs a nerf!
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post

Sad BLU is Sad.
    why sad? on RDM last night I was doing 8k CDCs with 18k darkness SC to Largantua. A BLU should be able to put out similar #s.

edit: that was without songs/rolls/GEO either. Hate being in the outside party, lol.

Inb4 shouts to nerf RDM.
    (0)
    Last edited by Protey; 12-12-2014 at 10:32 PM.

Character
    Ramzi
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    why sad? on RDM last night I was doing 8k CDCs with 18k darkness SC to Largantua. A BLU should be able to put out similar #s.

edit: that was without songs/rolls/GEO either. Hate being in the outside party, lol.

Inb4 shouts to nerf RDM.
    What gears are you using to pull off 8k CDC with RDM? Does Temper affect CDC damage? My BLU is decently geared (not top end, but not mediocre either) and I was only doing 4-6k CDC on VT mobs in Doh Gates the other night.

Or is Largantua just weak?
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramzi View Post
    What gears are you using to pull off 8k CDC with RDM? Does Temper affect CDC damage? My BLU is decently geared (not top end, but not mediocre either) and I was only doing 4-6k CDC on VT mobs in Doh Gates the other night.

Or is Largantua just weak?
    since i didn't have buffs i was in full accuracy gear. i probably just got a couple DA procs on the two or three 8k CDCs I did. I know when I tested in normal WS gear on mandies outside of adoulin i was averaging between 6.5-7k
    (0)

Character
    Ramzi
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Ok and those mandies are EP so a bit different than the mobs I was fighting. I saw some RDM melee setups on FFXIAH and there does appear to be some decent gear available for RDM- not as good as BLU has but ok. With Natures meditation, and the better gear, and sword skill, a RDM really shouldn't be keeping up with a blu.

I think the reason that poster was sad was because people are reporting 12-24k Rudras where we are lucky to get a 10k CDC under optimal conditions. THF's are doing it without breaking a sweat. I haven't tested my THF yet but I will this weekend.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramzi View Post
    Ok and those mandies are EP so a bit different than the mobs I was fighting. I saw some RDM melee setups on FFXIAH and there does appear to be some decent gear available for RDM- not as good as BLU has but ok. With Natures meditation, and the better gear, and sword skill, a RDM really shouldn't be keeping up with a blu.

I think the reason that poster was sad was because people are reporting 12-24k Rudras where we are lucky to get a 10k CDC under optimal conditions. THF's are doing it without breaking a sweat. I haven't tested my THF yet but I will this weekend.
    well, SA/TA does help with those rudras #s.
    (0)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Yeah unstacked and at 1000tp rudra's storm does 6k to 10k and I think that mostly has to do with extra hits. The only reason it's so powerful is because of thf and dnc's unique job abilities that forces crits, and it's even more powerful since it only gets better with more tp allowing us to negate the draw backs of our timers. This effectively fixes the thing we have been bitching about since abyssea. Also it should be noted that those huge 24k+ rudras are not done at 1000tp, those are somewhere about 2000-3000 tp area. Unless that thf has a vajra in which case they have earned that crazy damage.
    (0)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast