Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Key items

Key items

Not everyone will get the chance on doing this I think about time they let us buy key items with sparks. Sorry I'm a part timer lol

Ceizak Battlegrounds Yggzi

KeyItemImpure celadon yggzi
    KeyItemSemi-pure celadon yggzi
    KeyItemDetached stinger

Morimar Basalt Fields Yggzi

KeyItemFlame-scarred skull

Foret de Hennetiel Yggzi

KeyItemCraggy fin
    (5)
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/30234-linkshell-Suggestion!!!

Player
    ...no? You can get the majority of those just from killing NMs out in the field. Some of them are soloable with trusts, others you need 1 or 2 more people. Welcome to an MMORPG. Part time or not, it takes like 15 minutes to do this.

If you want the delve boss KI, go do delve. It's not that hard, make a group, and it takes like 30 minutes. What does "part timer" have to do with this...

There is no reason for this.
    (5)

It's an excuse people use to make themselves look "cool" or to cover up for how fail they are. Gosh golly I'm too busy for this game, let everything be handed to me. Oh hold on, I gotta spend 3hrs into call of duty or candy crush. Manage your time better by doing the research on how easy this stuff is, or don't play an MMO.
    (7)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    What is this weird obsession people have with Delve? Every day I log on, hear somebody say "let's do Delve" or "I need Shark" or something like that. As though having these Delve items is critical to the gaming experience.

Adding Delve key items to the list of things you can buy with Sparks would be foolish. They already have a set of armor and weapons you can buy with sparks. Reforged AF and relic can be bought with sparks indirectly (by buying the Rem's Tale chapters, arguably the hardest part of the reforging process). Accessories can be bought with gil on the auction house.
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    It's an excuse people use to make themselves look "cool" or to cover up for how fail they are. Gosh golly I'm too busy for this game, let everything be handed to me. Oh hold on, I gotta spend 3hrs into call of duty or candy crush. Manage your time better by doing the research on how easy this stuff is, or don't play an MMO.
    Let's be realistic here. You can't really spend 3 hours playing Candy Crush unless you start dumping large amounts of money into it. When I played that horrible horrible game I'd usually run out of lives in about half an hour.
    (1)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Even if you could buy these KIs with Sparks what next? You say you can't do Delve so you have no plasm right? So what are you going to buy? Are you going to use all your copper vouchers on plasm, buy loads of NM related items that you can use to gain a quick 1k bayld or so?
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Crevox View Post
    ...no? You can get the majority of those just from killing NMs out in the field. Some of them are soloable with trusts, others you need 1 or 2 more people. Welcome to an MMORPG. Part time or not, it takes like 15 minutes to do this.

If you want the delve boss KI, go do delve. It's not that hard, make a group, and it takes like 30 minutes. What does "part timer" have to do with this...

There is no reason for this.
    I would like the idea using the trust for delve boss battle (mega boss) tho, as we already know due to players declining 30min just to group is a load of bull, Most players that have done this will NOT do this again.

Only doing for accessories as gear level is 110 not many would want to do this.
    (1)
    Last edited by Jedicrew; 11-29-2014 at 05:30 AM.

They could also just fix Delve, and you know, make it something more inclusive than just those lucky few jobs (sch, sam, brd, etc) or those who already have Delve gear. Yea yea, I know - it can be done by other jobs. On average it isn't.

The chicken and egg gear problem perpetuated by the community (and catalyst by SE) is a real fail too. It's like: "oh you want a drivers license for your car? No problem! We'll just need to see your valid drivers license". Bulll#^%!. For that reason alone, I feel Delve is one of the worst events FFXI has seen. I'm not saying it's an issue exclusive to Delve, I'm just saying Delve is ripe with it.

In contrast [for example], Abyssea might have singled out a lot of jobs (blm/mages for magic procs, war or nin for ws procs, etc) but anyone could still join the fun without any impact to the difficulty (unlike Delve, Abyssea didn't get harder the more people you had in your party/zone). I think that's the problem with events/content like Delve: you shouldn't be penalized for having more help. That just seems weird for an MMO like this one - especially now that the player base is dwindling. If you manage to get lots of people together, that's an achievement within itself.

If your BST friend wanted to come along and see how Abyssea worked, or learn the mechanics of one of the many NM's within, there was no impact to difficulty. He could literally just stand on the sideline and watch. If your BST friend wants to come to Delve to get familiar, he's probably gonna be told to go watch YouTube (or level a specific job as BRD) to fit in. His presence literally makes it harder, and that means more time - something most "casuals" trying for a PUG won't be included in.

I say these things with good intentions. I'd like to see more players having a better time.

Ironically, I think Delve is actually kind of fun (in terms of the level/boss design, KI and plasma progress, etc). SE sometimes just get really bad ideas for inclusive events that are also challenging. Yea yea, I'm not offering any ideas - I'm not getting paid to either.

PS - I'm not partial to BST, I just used that as a random example.
    (3)
    Last edited by Oakrest; 11-29-2014 at 07:44 AM. Reason: language
    Quote Originally Posted by the Advent Children

Sephiroth: Tell me what you cherish most... give me the pleasure of taking it away.
    Cloud: You just don't get it at all... there's not a thing I don't cherish.

Player
    On average it isn't.
    Because people don't try. People don't try to do delve on anything else. Nothing is stopping someone from making their own delve group to go try. But, when someone finally does try, it's with a group of really poor/unskilled/under geared players and then they blame the jobs. Those same people on something like SAM/BRD whatever wouldn't succeed either. You still need to put forth effort.

Yes, all the jobs can do it. No, it's not because the jobs are bad. There are jobs that are better at it than others, but those are not required to pass the content. Good jobs/geared players finish something like Yorcia Delve in less than 15 minutes, when the time limit is so much more than that. This still doesn't mean you can completely ignore composition though (taking 6 white mages isn't going to work).

If you want to try Delve, group up with some people (of which, there are many) and go practice the Delve NMs out in the field; that's what they're for. Most of them are very easy to kill with 1-3 people, others will need a bigger group and that's fine, because you will need that for the Delve or can just bead them out. After that, head on in to the fracture. Unlike most content in the game, attempting delve costs little to nothing; there's no penalty for failure, and you still walk out with some plasm/airlixirs. Practicing the NMs will also get the KIs/maybe drops/plasm.

The original 3 delves are tuned for much lower gear than even sparks gear; you have the stat advantage. Go ahead and try. It doesn't take long and there's no harm. After you get comfortable you can try the harder ones.

make it something more inclusive than just those lucky few jobs (sch, sam, brd, etc) or those who already have Delve gear.
    People who already have Delve gear farm delve all the time because of plasm. Plasm is great for making money (in addition to the material/airlixir drops) and also needed to get drops from not only that delve, but other delves. The reasoning is there for this already.
    (2)
    Last edited by Crevox; 11-29-2014 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crevox View Post
    Because people don't try. People don't try to do delve on anything else. Nothing is stopping someone from making their own delve group to go try. But, when someone finally does try, it's with a group of really poor/unskilled/under geared players and then they blame the jobs. Those same people on something like SAM/BRD whatever wouldn't succeed either. You still need to put forth effort.

Yes, all the jobs can do it. No, it's not because the jobs are bad. There are jobs that are better at it than others, but those are not required to pass the content. Good jobs/geared players finish something like Yorcia Delve in less than 15 minutes, when the time limit is so much more than that. This still doesn't mean you can completely ignore composition though (taking 6 white mages isn't going to work).

If you want to try Delve, group up with some people (of which, there are many) and go practice the Delve NMs out in the field; that's what they're for. Most of them are very easy to kill with 1-3 people, others will need a bigger group and that's fine, because you will need that for the Delve or can just bead them out. After that, head on in to the fracture. Unlike most content in the game, attempting delve costs little to nothing; there's no penalty for failure, and you still walk out with some plasm/airlixirs. Practicing the NMs will also get the KIs/maybe drops/plasm.

The original 3 delves are tuned for much lower gear than even sparks gear; you have the stat advantage. Go ahead and try. It doesn't take long and there's no harm. After you get comfortable you can try the harder ones.

People who already have Delve gear farm delve all the time because of plasm. Plasm is great for making money (in addition to the material/airlixir drops) and also needed to get drops from not only that delve, but other delves. The reasoning is there for this already.
    I don't see it working been /shouting for ages Foret de Hennetiel WIN Dakuwaqa its job pacific mnk/run x3 WHM BRD PLD or SCH, also those runs are done with a static party rare to see a shout for this.
    (3)
    Last edited by Jedicrew; 11-30-2014 at 11:50 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast