Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Winsturn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 27

Allow Cancellation of Eco-Warrior quest

I'm a new FFXI player. I bought it from the discount campaign and just started a few days ago.

I came across the Eco-Warrior quest recently.
    I looked into it and it turns out this is one of those quests where you need an alliance to do.
    I have no interest in doing such quests at the moment, let alone wanting to find sufficient people interested in doing these old quests.
    However, I'm not asking for there to be changes to the quest itself to make it easier.

Instead, I am asking for it to simply be removable from the current quest list.
    It could be as something as simple as talking to Lumomo again to cancel the quest.

Also, by making it removable, it also allows others with separate Eco-warrior quests from the different nations to be able to actually help one another, since they can now take on the other Eco-Warrior quests by removing theirs.

Please do consider this.
    (7)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I kinda wish they'd let you remove all quests, just to clear up clutter. But my guess is that this would be programatically difficult so they couldn't do it.
    (3)

Character
    Winsturn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 27
    While I would love for such a feature (just like how you could easily cancel a RoE quest if you don't feel like doing it anymore) I can certainly understand the potential difficulties for it.

However, certain specific quests, especially those that require partying (while not needing a party to accept the quest) should be removable.

As a new player, I do find it discouraging to see a quest that will remain in my current quest list for a long time (possibly for the rest of my FFXI days).
    I'm fine with not being able to complete the quest on my own. This is an MMORPG after all, there needs to be group content.

However, I am NOT fine with quests whose difficulty is not mentioned and then be unremovable forever. It is simply unfair to the player as he has no way of knowing whether he can or cannot complete the quest, and then finding out it's permanently stuck in his quest log.

IMO, this is also a QoL problem. I am aware that this issue has been brought up numerous times in the past but is simply being overlooked time and time again.
    The Gustaberg Tour quest is another similar issue that's often brought up and completely ignored as well.

FFXI needs new players more than ever. It's time to start providing fixes to these age old issues that new players will (unfortunately) encounter as well.
    I honestly hope there would be some kind of dev response to this.
    (2)

While I can see the inconvenience of having a quest you cannot complete from a completionist's perspective, having an open quest such as Eco-Warrior in the quest list adds no negative effects to game play.

Instead of adding a feature that would allow players to cancel Eco-Warrior quests, the development team would like to focus on adding in new content for players to enjoy as top priority.
    (5)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Seigyoku
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    While I can see the inconvenience of having a quest you cannot complete from a completionist's perspective, having an open quest such as Eco-Warrior in the quest list adds no negative effects to game play.

Instead of adding a feature that would allow players to cancel Eco-Warrior quests, the development team would like to focus on adding in new content for players to enjoy as top priority.
    Nope, sorry, for this quest it DOES have a negative effect. You can only have ONE Eco-Warrior quest flagged at time. If you have Bastok flagged, and all your friends have Sandy or Windy flagged, your chances of ever completing any version of the quest is basically nil.

We either need to be able to cancel this quest, or flag it in all three nations at once. This is NOT like other quests.
    (21)
    Don't wish. Don't start.

Character
    Astronema
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

If priority is to add new content for players to enjoy, then why limit it to nations and lv. 20? Why not suggest making the content high-tier battles or remove the cap limit/nation limit so that the quest can be completed. I, myself, have had this said quest-line for 8 years, never been able to do it because of the level cap, and not anyone wants to do this that I know due to these limitations.

Where this currently stands, this content cannot be enjoyed by some, if not by most, players when servers are declining in players, and which in turn, limits the field of ppl who are in nations of said quest-line, which also in turn, leaves the quest undone.
    (6)
    Last edited by Ladynamine; 11-26-2014 at 08:31 AM.

This very old content, so right now there's little the team can say about how it was implemented that way 11 years ago. But what they should do instead is uncap the quest so we can solo it and be finally done with it.
    (9)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Senan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 70
    Yeah, I ended up getting the one in Windurst (I normally talk to every single NPC in a city I go to, to check for quests, see the dialogue, etc) and it wasn't until I checked the wiki that I realized I wouldn't be doing it alone. I almost stupidly made a solo attempt at it while I was out doing another quest in the same area, but decided not to (luckily.)

I agree that if there will never be a way to remove the quest, why not just get rid of the lvl cap on it? As a completionist type, I'd love to be able to do the quest(s) one day, but as it stands, I don't see it happening any time soon, if ever.
    (5)

Character
    Winsturn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 27
    While I can see the inconvenience of having a quest you cannot complete from a completionist\\\\\\'s perspective, having an open quest such as Eco-Warrior in the quest list adds no negative effects to game play.

Sorry Grekumah, but that reasoning does not stand.
    As Sapphire and Ladynamine has mentioned, the Eco-Warrior quest being left as it is has negative consequences to all players.

Leaving the quest as it is leads to active discouragement to its completion due to players being unable to help one another AND being an annoyance to those uninterested in doing said content.

IMO, this is a simple fix.
    What is happening seems to be a complete disregard to improve old content.
    However, this line of thinking is wrong as new players will also eventually experience said content.
    This leads to a dissatisfaction that new players face, adding on to the dissatisfaction of older players.
    This will be a never-ending cycle.
    (5)
    Last edited by Aether; 11-27-2014 at 03:57 AM.

Character
    Feary
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    ummmmm only thing they should not do is remove the cap. its a major point of the quest.....

you cant find ppl to do this once for completion is 8 years etc. i dont believe you tried and rather have S.E change it because it easier for your completion sake.

i cant see any serious player turning down a chance to do a naturally fun quest. seriously... was of the best quests/event i ever did in this game, in all three nations ( windy was favorite).

to be honest if you havent done it in the way that is currently is as intended, then you havent really started playing this game. the way content is today, that quest is a breathe of a fresh air and change of pace.

however i do agree, it would be nice to flag all three nations at the same time. would suck to be locked in one.
    (4)
    Last edited by Feary; 11-26-2014 at 04:04 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast