Character
    Pantafernando
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Party member penalty removal

Hi.

As im about to start running nyzul for tokens farm, i came here to sugest the removal of party token penalty, but it can be extended to any kind of penalty for having more people existing in game.

The reason is obvious. We are at a point in game that the solo/lowman grinding became the norm, due to advent of trusts, hp scalating to number of players entering, salvage restriction removed, etc. Even the ilv gear made almost everything pre SoA soloable.

So everyday, or every update, there are less and less reason to add more than the bare minimum of players to clear a content. And obviously, this kinda of destroy the purpose of a MMORPG.

Without the need of partying, the linkshell is the first to ruin. If you can clear delve, ark angels, incursion, etc. with 3/6, that leaves dozens of linkshell members out of party, excluded because they arent necessary.

Im not saying that we should go back to 18 man event nor salvage player restriction, but if its impossible to give bonuses to bring more players in an event, at least all kind of penalties, like token reduction if you bring more than 3 persons, exp/cp penalties for alliances, etc, should be abolished in my opinion.

If people arent stimulated to work with more than the minimum, at least dont discourage them to do it. It just will bring good to community, will give more reason to shout for nyzul at least.
    (9)

Player
    I'd actually say we need a party member benefit rather than simply removing the penalty. While removing the penalty would be enough by itself to help, making it more beneficial to include additional people would only give additional incentive to invite extra players to your party, something SE seems to want us to do. If we're going to be penalized or have no benefit for having additional people then often times we'll either avoid, or simply won't seek out, extra people to do events with. Making a change so that we get, say, 5~10% extra per additional party member... that would make building a party a massive incentive!
    (4)

Character
    Dravidian
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I agree, not just towards Nyzul Isle, but all content in general. Given the size of the community, there shouldn't be a penalty to do content with more people. Content though should also not be faceroll, so I don't know how they could adjust accordingly without making already easy content even easier.

Along the lines of what Demon said also, maybe open up chances for more loot to drop and crap if you bring more members.
    (2)

Character
    Jimb
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    I agree on one hand, and I'm pro-this.

On the other hand, FFXI seems to be doing what FFXIV does in some cases; make the game accessible to the casual players as well as those who are limited on time (remember how Dynamis used to be?). Even the addition of Home Point access is great, but kill the adventuring process for some people.

At first, you get a group, you travel together, you get to know each other. Someone aggro, we fight. Now, you warp, you do content, you say goodbye. How do you make friends this way?

What FFXIV DOES have going for itself is, even if your iLv went from 50 to 110, you STILL need a group. None of that solo or dual-box stuff.

*SPOILER ALERT*
    An example of a fight against Titan:
    He hits the tank with a debuff that lasts a minute. He WILL apply the bebuff with the same minute which resets the timer. The higher the debuff, the greater the damage the tank take to the point of one-shots. Here, you swap tanks so the previous tank can allow his debuffs to wear while the new tank gets them.

No matter how much the tank can solo, that debuff will kill him.

Fight against Leviathan:
    One of the tanks get a bebuff that affect healers. With the debuff on tank, the healer suffer a reduction to healing range each time he heal that tank. The higher the stack, the lower the range. Get too close to heal him, and you get hurt. Get too many of the stacks and you're locked out of healing for a time. Here, you need two healers.
    *END SPOILER*

I feel like FFXI should implement such a mechanics. This way, stuff like BRD > COR would be at a minimum, or your geared healer friend will still need the help of another. The DDs in that game rely on each other as well; DRG reduce piercing damage, so arrows hurt enemies for more. Stuff like that make you work together to defeat the mob rather than being able to have one job solo it all.
    (1)

There is a benefit to additional party members while leveling, more chances for items to drop the more party members there are, which Trust doesn't count as. There's a penalty to EXP though, which Trust doesn't have. If they got rid of the penalty to EXP, there'd be more reason for us to group up rather than just solo with Trusts out. Instead I see competition for camps because people can clear out a camp with their Trusts. I try to offer to form a party, but they don't want the hit to their EXP most of the time.
    (1)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    I'd actually say we need a party member benefit rather than simply removing the penalty. While removing the penalty would be enough by itself to help, making it more beneficial to include additional people would only give additional incentive to invite extra players to your party, something SE seems to want us to do. If we're going to be penalized or have no benefit for having additional people then often times we'll either avoid, or simply won't seek out, extra people to do events with. Making a change so that we get, say, 5~10% extra per additional party member... that would make building a party a massive incentive!
    I was thinking the same thing. Removing the penalty isn't enough. There needs to be incentives because people decided to add more people they do things with rather than solo-the-world-mentality that is most prevalent now with lower population driven attitudes and play styles.
    (1)