Hybrid View

Character
    Knightcomm
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

FFXi.dll reporting as virus

Since the most recent update, Symantec antivirus has started reporting FFXi.dll, in my 'C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI' folder, as a Trojan.Gen.SMH.2 virus. I deleted the file, and began to fix my installation. While getting a new FFXi.dll, Symantec reported that FFXi.dll.tmp2 was also a virus. I undid the action, but why would my antivirus be reporting that it contains properties that of a trojan virus? I have tried another computer, to make sure this one was not infected but I got the same result. Thanks!
    (1)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    It's a false positive. You have to write Symantec for them to exclude the .dll.
    (0)

My Symantec was doing this too.
    (0)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Mine did it a long time ago. Yo have to turn off symantec if you want to play.
    And no I wasn't hacking you, Dray. Or maybe I was... lol
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Somewhat depressing, but this typically happens when a very low number of Symantec users have the same form of the dll installed.
    (0)

Can you whitelist it? Most Antivirus allow you to add programs as exceptions while they fix the issue.
    (0)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Symantec has no whitelist. x.x
    (0)

Nope you can't add anything to a whitelist for it... So I just had to disable it, don't hack me Malthar.
    (0)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Nope you can't add anything to a whitelist for it... So I just had to disable it, don't hack me Malthar.
    First off Hello, Daylo!!

If you mean for norton to ignore a file you have to search for it and set norton to exclude it in its searches and basically it's the only type of whitelist i know of that notion can possibly have to not remove or quarantine those files.
    (0)
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Player
    Apparently my game runs fine despite SAV keep popping about the trojan.
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast