Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Yeah;
    disable av
    start ffxi
    enable av

And you should be fine.
    (0)

No it will delete while you are in-game, the only thing is if you crash or try to relog into the game you won't be able to until you restore ffxi.dll.
    (0)

Character
    Gameesh
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    In my case when I clicked 'Play' in POL I'd get a pop-up saying:

"Windows is configuring FF11"

I checked my virusscanner activity log and it put FF11.dll in quarantine; suspected it of a Trojan horse virus.

To fix the issue I did the following:

1) Restore the file, through the activity log (the virusscanner will warn you it's unwise. Ignore it in this case)
    2) While restoring, tick the box that will exclude this file from future scans.
    3) FF11 should run smoothly again.

Now, I'm pretty curious why this file is considered dangerous all of a sudden. Either SE or a large portion of virusscanners have changed their policies regarding .dll files, maybe?
    (0)

Character
    Knightcomm
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Was just wondering...

Thanks for all the replies! I did add it to my ignore list yesterday. SEP deleted the file after using /shutdown. I am just wondering if there is information being sent back to SE that might be in excess to the normal amount (i.e. SE is tracking use of third-party tools such as windower). I highly doubt they ever care about such programs anymore since, despite RMT being reported, you see them in-game for months after farming your favorite spots until you are left with only dynamis currency to make gil. I guess I will netstat my ports and see if SE opened another.
    (0)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Nope you can't add anything to a whitelist for it... So I just had to disable it, don't hack me Malthar.
    First off Hello, Daylo!!

If you mean for norton to ignore a file you have to search for it and set norton to exclude it in its searches and basically it's the only type of whitelist i know of that notion can possibly have to not remove or quarantine those files.
    (0)
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Nah I use Symantec not Norton.
    (0)

Player
    haha you right. Now my game gives error, saying configuring FFXI which never ends. ^^;

Had to restore & exclude game folder from scanning.

I hope SE fix this. It's really a major flaw. I see reports that other AV software also caught FFXI.dll as trojan/malware too.
    (1)

Character
    Charitwo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    have the same issue, it won't let you copy the file anywhere on your computer/network so add it to a WinRAR archive and readd it if you have to restart your computer
    (0)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    No it will delete while you are in-game, the only thing is if you crash or try to relog into the game you won't be able to until you restore ffxi.dll.
    Wut? That's strange... Once a DLL is loaded it's cached. The game shouldn't have need of it again until you restart. I remember when that used to happen to me. I would turn off Symantec, load the game, then turn Symantec back on. SE might be doing something wonky.

Incidentally, I also use Symantec and my DLL isn't being deleted. Have you updated your virus checker and installed your anti-Malthar hacking device?
    (0)

That's the thing, the game doesn't need it so for some reason the anti-virus deletes it while the game is running and nothing happens because the game doesn't need it. Then when you restart thats when the problem surfaces.
    (1)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast