Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
    Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    there\\'s a difference on required to have JPs and that of needing a GEO to increase your magic acc or RDM using Frazzle 2. So far there is no such content that exists. Even the highest levels of incursion were beaten without Gifts. If a BLM is having trouble landing spells... throw in a GEO or RDM to your party. When that no longer suffices, then people can bitch and moan. Until then, stop the o, the world is falling. I\\'m sick of it from all of you. Just play the game, when you have a legitimate gripe about something that actually exists, then by all means, speak up.
    Oh I have a legitimate gripe. Tourbillion and Barbed Crescent are broken. Let's all head over to the blue mage section and support them
    (1)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    All I see in his post is whining, and little about improving or adjusting the system.
    MY improvement to the system would be to make each job point worth 10,000 CP rather than 30,000. Also any mob 99+ should give a 1:1 ratio of CP to XP. There ya go. A solution sans whining.
    (2)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    MY improvement to the system would be to make each job point worth 10,000 CP rather than 30,000. Also any mob 99+ should give a 1:1 ratio of CP to XP. There ya go. A solution sans whining.
    If JP only worth 10k instead of 30k plus mobs giving same amount of CP as EXP, I(and probably my entire LS and most of my friends) would be sitting in town with every category capped on all of my jobs and nothing to do....you know, wasting $12 a month.

That's not an improvement, that's shortening the game's life span.
    (2)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    If JP only worth 10k instead of 30k plus mobs giving same amount of CP as EXP, I(and probably my entire LS and most of my friends) would be sitting in town with every category capped on all of my jobs and nothing to do....you know, wasting $12 a month.

That's not an improvement, that's shortening the game's life span.
    What shortens a game's lifespan more is putting too many goals out of reach of players with limited playtime which constitutes the majority of any MMO's player base. If JPs are too hard to make meaningful progress with, then people are going to sit around town with no categories capped and nothing to do... you know wasting $12 a month.
    (3)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    What shortens a game's lifespan more is putting too many goals out of reach of players with limited playtime which constitutes the majority of any MMO's player base. If JPs are too hard to make meaningful progress with, then people are going to sit around town with no categories capped and nothing to do... you know wasting $12 a month.
    So set a goal that you don't find difficult. I get job points so easily that I'm sitting here with 200 in the bank wondering what I'm going to spend them on because the existing categories aren't so great.

You're just bitter because you can't cap job points while sitting around AFK in Abyssea, and actually have to put some effort into getting them.
    (2)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    So set a goal that you don't find difficult. I get job points so easily that I'm sitting here with 200 in the bank wondering what I'm going to spend them on because the existing categories aren't so great.

You're just bitter because you can't cap job points while sitting around AFK in Abyssea, and actually have to put some effort into getting them.
    The one who seems bitter is you, and ignorant of me and my style of play, but do keep going because you making yourself look like a fool is amusing to me.
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Having spent 110 job points on Monk, maxing 2 categories and getting all gifts, here's what I have:

+100 base HP recovered for Chakra
    +20 Evasion when Dodge is effective
    +5 Physical Defense
    +8 Physical Attack
    +6 Physical Evasion
    +6 Physical Accuracy
    +5 Magic Accuracy
    +5 Guarding Skill
    The ability to equip certain pieces of gear that I'm not using anyway.

Yeah.... real game breaker. I'm so mega super duper powerful that I feel sorry for the people who don't have all my earth shattering single digit bonuses.

The strangest thing about these bonuses is that if I didn't just tell you about them, you wouldn't know I had them. Heck I could just as easily lie and say that I have them and you wouldn't know the difference.

You people are so weird. You're all fine and dandy and having a good time in this game until something new exists that you can't have easily. Even if that thing isn't so good. Then you get all bent out of shape because you can't have it. You're like children who get jealous because one of your classmates got a fancy new toy and you don't have it.
    (4)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Actually, regardless of how difficult job points are to get, those people could:

--Build a relic weapon
    --Build a mythic weapon
    --Level a new job
    --Gear a new job
    --Do Skirmish
    --Do Delve
    --Do Incursion
    --Do SCKNM fights on various difficulty levels
    --Do high level mission battles on various difficulty levels
    --Do coalition assignments
    --Do any of the other dozens of other things to do that aren't job points

Your reasoning is so ridiculous. Most of the people in my linkshell don't bother with job points, but they seem to be keeping themselves occupied nonetheless.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    Ah... such a stupid argument. While I can't speak for others, I hate the JP system as well and don't actually farm them due to the grind involved. My hate isn't derived from an inability to leech it or from having to put effort into it, I simply hate boring shit. Defend JPs however you want, but at the end of the day the obtainment rate while doing other meaningful content isn't fast enough and if you go out of your way for them it's a boring as hell grind. That's not something I'm about to subject myself to, so I just don't do it. Simply because I don't do it doesn't mean I won't advocate for changes that would make it enjoyable enough for me to do it.
    (3)

Character
    Jimb
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    Making job points more important without making them substantially easier to obtain is a bad idea that is going to bottleneck endgame. You can't adapt a game for casuals and then require them to farm job points for 100 hours in order to make 1 of their 22 jobs functional.
    I like long progression in MMOs. Remember when a relic weapon took a very long time AND the Alliance had to be on time? Yeah, stuff like that made the game better to me.

Otherwise, you'd be done with stuff quick, then stand around looking pretty until next update. Try playing FFXIV: A Realm Reborn. You'll see what I mean.
    (0)

Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast