Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unity Concord: chat locked

I'm in a very popular unity and now I can pretty much never get into chat because it's "too full."

Why is there a limit on the number of people who can use unity chat? Don't the devs think that this will limit our ability to work with our unity team to achieve goals and participate in events?

If caps are absolutely necessary wouldn't it make more sense for the unities to be hard capped at the number of members allowed so that people spread out more rather than blocking us from chatting?

Or better yet, just get rid of the arbitrary and unreasonable chat limitations. It's especially annoying when there is a ROE objective to "use chat" - well I can't use chat if I am locked out, can I?
    (4)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

It's likely to be limited to test it out at first, and see what happens.

I would guess they might be planning on increasing the limit if all goes well, which there actually is a hint towards within the update notes.

I've not yet joined one, but I can imagine sixty-four (64) being reached fast, and who knows how many away from their keyboards...
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Greetings,

Just as Dragoy has mentioned, the Unity Concord system is still very new and the team kept the maximum limit of chat channel participants to 64 players so they could monitor activity. They are, however, currently working towards making adjustments to double this limit to 128 players. Apologies if you are unable to chat due to the cap, but we appreciate your patience as the team works on the adjustments. We’ll let you know more information once there is progress on this.
    (5)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Tokimoki
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Still to low in 2021

7 years later and the chat cap is still a hurdle... Any time I need to use Unity chat greetings or know about the Escha dragons I have to spam the enable chat toggle under status to get in. Especially bad during peak hours and I'm not even using the most popular Unity! Please increase the limit!
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The problem is ppl tend to want to be in the same Unity because of the trusts offered. They should make the other unity trusts more useful so that it's not so much of a compromise. The system was designed with the idea that ppl would jon all of the different unitities.
    (0)

Player
    The chat system has a cap, sadly they kind of designed it poorly in that they added way too many factions when they instead could of just had 1/2 as many and had dual unity channels for each one. 1 full? > goto same unity chat channel 2.

I don't think they will change this anytime soon though, the only thing I would wish they changed would be to add an option at the unity npc to tell us where DI is due. That's the main annoyance currently.
    (0)

Player
    Can someone count what the current cap is, did they lift it to 128?
    (0)

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Far as I knew it was 128. Never knew it was 64 but I took a break when unity was introduced.
    (0)

Character
    Ubizah
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    There are over a thousand people in Apururu's Unity. For reference. Check the unity list.
    (1)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    The whole system is unbalanced and silly. Just let everyone use all the trusts, that way we have more options during combat.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast