Character
    Godofgods
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Problem with HDD data

What is with this? ive been getting this error a lot lately. Different file each time. And now on different computer systems as well. Login campaign finally has the items ive been hoping for, and ive already missed one day, soon to be two days of log ins because i cant get past this.

First computer i had to uninstall the entire game and reinstall (using my 2007 disk) which meant a full day of running updates. But for some reason the system stops downloading the updates at a random time (every 10-15min~). So when it does stop i have to exit out, re-enter, spend 10 min checking files, get back to downloading updates, then stops a few min later. Over and over and over and over until i finish them all.

So what the heck is this 'Problem with HDD data'
    (0)

Character
    Godofgods
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    day 2 missed as im still trying to update. 30,000 files and some times it only gets a hundred maybe two hundred files done before stopping. Then i have to start over again.
    (0)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    I'd venture a guess that your HDD is in the midst of failing. Never seen that error, but that's all that comes to mind at such a description. Do you have a second HDD you could install it to?

If it is indeed failing, you'll have far larger problems than FFXI not installing soon. You'll want to backup anything important that you want to save and get a replacement drive.
    (0)
    7/10/14

Character
    Godofgods
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    The Hdd is fine as far as i can tell. And as i mentioned this is now happening on a second computer, less then a week after it happened to my first computer. Odds of them both failing at the same time for the exact same reason seem slim in comparison that its something else.
    (0)

Character
    Godofgods
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    heyyyy! Day 3 and the updates finally finished. ><

If this is the kind of stuff i have to deal with every time we have an update, then my subscription will be gone fast.
    (0)

Player
    You could try do update ahead of time since there's another way to it. On the 1st menu before you log your playonline, there's Check Files menu. Then after you select FFXI application, it will recheck and report how many files need to be updated.

This way of updating are even more slower (like 5-10 minutes longer) compared with the one after you logged in since this method literally checks every files in your installation, but at least you can run this when you're not in active subscription or doing this on another computer.
    (0)

Character
    Godofgods
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    even so, i still would have the hdd issue, and probably the DL'ing issue. :/

File check also doesnt deal with updates in the same manner as i thought. I jsut fan a file check on a diff comp and it showed everything fine, but the game still has to run updates form the last month update thing they did.

Edit: And now it just happened to the third computer during the update >< wtf?!?!
    (0)
    Last edited by Godofgods; 11-14-2014 at 03:05 AM.

Character
    Godofgods
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    oh joy... 30 files into update and it stops this time... that 30,000 is just going to zooooooom right by! ><
    (0)