Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Character
    Senan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    Btw you act like an obnoxious spoilt kid. Goodnight.
    Agreed.

/10char
    (2)

Character
    Phaedres
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    lol its funny that people dont want more rings. I have a lot of jobs n being able to pick 2 or 3 isn't going to break anything. You still cant have the rest. You still have to make choices an ppl can still see what jobs u like.
    (2)

Character
    Ethalio
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    This discussion got stuck it seems. Two fronts who are flaming each other. The actual topic has become secondary.

I personally felt like choosing one ring out of twelve is the hardest choice I have to make since the character creation when I saw the rings for the first time. While some rings are irrelevant to me it's still a very tough decision. I was and am torn between the different possibilities each ring provides.

So for me it's not a "I want more rings" like a spoiled child as some of you describe it. It's a request to ease the pain of choosing between 12 awesome items. nothing more.

I suggest a compromise: Let us choose 2 rings, just think about it before writing a reply!
    (1)

Character
    Senan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethalio View Post
    This discussion got stuck it seems. Two fronts who are flaming each other. The actual topic has become secondary.

I personally felt like choosing one ring out of twelve is the hardest choice I have to make since the character creation when I saw the rings for the first time. While some rings are irrelevant to me it's still a very tough decision. I was and am torn between the different possibilities each ring provides.

So for me it's not a "I want more rings" like a spoiled child as some of you describe it. It's a request to ease the pain of choosing between 12 awesome items. nothing more.

I suggest a compromise: Let us choose 2 rings, just think about it before writing a reply!
    That's just it though -- some of us don't look at having to make a tough choice a bad thing. There will always be times where you can't get everything you want and have to make a difficult decision; that's life, especially as an adult.

And just like the poster above you said, "being able to pick 2 or 3 isn't going to break anything" -- Neither is having to pick only one. Personally, I like restrictions like this as it allows for people to add a little more individuality to their respective characters -- even if it comes at a cost -- instead of letting everyone have their cake and the ability to eat it too. And since this is how SE decided to do it, they seem to feel the same way about it.
    (1)

That's why I try to drop my opinion on matters soon, because when certain individuals gets involved a lot of threads end up in the crapper.
    And why? Usually for the sake of argument.
    (I foresee that the individuals I mean will have their jimmies rustled by this, and there will be popcorn.)

Personally, I'm fine with choosing only one after finishing Adoulin.
    I would however really like to see them consider an option where we, maybe just as a one time deal, are able to choose a second ring.
    I don't care how, wether it be through a long and dificult quest, getting the maximum obtainable rank in all Coalitions, gathering of certain items or an ungodly amount of Bayld/Plasm/Fragments or as a rank X Mog Bonanza reward.

Unlike previous mission/quest rewards, most of these rings are fitted for very specific jobs and having to make a choice between them for a person like me which plays jobs in every aspect is nigh impossible.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shirai; 11-10-2014 at 08:51 PM.

Character
    Ethalio
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Personally, I'm fine with choosing only one after finishing Adoulin.
    I would however really like to see them consider an option where we, maybe just as a one time deal, are able to choose a second ring.
    I don't care how, wether it be through a long and dificult quest, getting the maximum obtainable rank in all Coalitions, gathering of certain items or an ungodly amount of Bayld/Plasm/Fragments or as a rank X Mog Bonanza reward.

Unlike previous mission/quest rewards, most of these rings are fitted for very specific jobs and having to make a choice between them for a person like me which plays jobs in every aspect is nigh impossible.
    /agree 100%!

It doesn't matter in which way we get a second ring. It'd just be nice to have the option to acquire another one out of the twelve.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    We were talking about previous rewards where you didn't have a hard time choosing because of power differences. So yeah again you're arguing against me with stuff I wasn't saying. Also it isn't adding 1000 dmg to almost every ws unless you are counting mobs with dmg weaknesses. It's good but not that good. Not even counting all the ones that don't have dmg modified by tp

And again it wasn't slightly better. It was the hands down choice if you had any job that could ever use it regardless of your other jobs. Saying it was slightly better is like saying tp bonus is slightly better than regain earrings

And yeah that was the entire point I was making. Before there wasn't such a wide range of real choices to make. That is the entire reason for the uproar this time. If 11 of the rings were sidegrade material there wouldn't be a push for more
    "every WS" was a typo, you're right that not every WS gets 1k dmg boost(but some WS still gets around 1k dmg boost). But even then moonshade is still a bigger increase than most of the rings.

This is really something I can't understand.....it's a PAIN to make a choice. >.> IMO making a choice is fun, it makes the game interesting. I just can't understand why is it a pain to choose between rings.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    "every WS" was a typo, you're right that not every WS gets 1k dmg boost(but some WS still gets around 1k dmg boost). But even then moonshade is still a bigger increase than most of the rings.

This is really something I can't understand.....it's a PAIN to make a choice. >.> IMO making a choice is fun, it makes the game interesting. I just can't understand why is it a pain to choose between rings.
    I think that is the point Afania. That is the difference between us and them. I think that some people are real gamers who get enjoyment at the difficulty of games by the choices we are forced to make. And I think the others are not real gamers, they are here just for a bit of entertainment and so want to acquire everything without having to make those hard choices.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Malphius View Post
    It's asking for a change to the reward system. It's asking for a change to the current rules. The result is that you come away with more items which increase your characters skill and ability. It doesn't matter what anyone asks for in this game, it's all for personal gain. That argument isn't going to work. Just like if I ask for a change to increase my RDM shield skill (as you recently did). You have been given additional and free shield skill points. Shield skill still works the same as it always has. Only a petulant child would be unhappy with what SE has already given them.

Also nobody asked for the rings to be free. Just that we have the ability to acquire more. You're making several assumptions that aren't true. It's been raised several times here and other places that we could have the ability to purchase an additional ring for an exorbitant amount of bayld. This has the side benefit of keeping Adoulin content relevant for much longer than it currently will be.

Answer mine and i'll answer yours.
    Those 2 comparisons are not the same. If I had asked for RDM to have Blue Magic Skill, which doesn't exist at all for RDM, then that would be a valid argument against me. However, I asked for a change in what is already there. Also, while they are additional capable shield points, one would still have to obtain them, so it wouldn't be free. How does this apply to the ring choice? You are already given one. The change is that you are able to drop the ring and choose another. The bringing into existence what wasn't there is a 2nd ring.

And yes I would make noise against it. Read my post I just made regarding what Afania said. That is why.
    (0)

Character
    Aarahs
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    And I think the others are not real gamers
    Are you really making the no true Scotsman argument?
    (1)

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast