Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Worldslost
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I think 3 may be a bit much but 2 doesn't sound like a bad thing. For instance I am picking the fact cast ring but I would love to pick the craftsman ring since when I'm not playing I am crafting but not enough to pick that ring above all. Those 2 rings wouldn't make me anywhere near over powered if that was the fear behind letting the player base acquire 2.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldslost View Post
    I think 3 may be a bit much but 2 doesn't sound like a bad thing. For instance I am picking the fact cast ring but I would love to pick the craftsman ring since when I'm not playing I am crafting but not enough to pick that ring above all. Those 2 rings wouldn't make me anywhere near over powered if that was the fear behind letting the player base acquire 2.
    i don't think anyone thinks that someone would become OP with more than one ring (i could be wrong). the argument is that one should have to make a strategic choice instead of getting to have your cake and eat it too.
    (1)

Character
    Phaedres
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    lol that's not having ur cake and eating it too. its just having more cake. more cake please!
    (4)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    i don't think anyone thinks that someone would become OP with more than one ring (i could be wrong). the argument is that one should have to make a strategic choice instead of getting to have your cake and eat it too.
    Put me down for more cake. Once you pick the ring you want most (which isn't actually true, since there's a good chance you have to compromise what you really want and what benefits the most jobs), is the choice of a second ring no longer strategic?
    (2)

Don't get me wrong if they give us more than 1 ring I will take it, I just don't think it's a big deal if we only get one.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Shyuko
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Numquam View Post
    How about SE lets us buy them using real money!! I think it would be an excellent opportunity to raise some money for them. I would say $34.99 per ring and treat it as DLC stuff would be great!! Hell, they should make the last SoA chapter DLC honestly, but I think paying real money to get the other rings is reasonable. Like if you agree!
    I'm sorry, but not to be rude.... Are you out of your mind with this idea though? lol
    35$ is "reasonable"? Not to mention suggesting the customers pay yet again for the same expansion service just to finish the storyline?
    That's the most absurd idea I have ever heard in my entire life. We need a "Dislike" button just so things like this never come to pass.
    We do not need to pay for an expansion more than once, ever. I rather not have anymore crazy ideas like this one. lol
    Not everybody can wipe their nose with money and toss it into a waste basket like that.

On a second note, does anyone else feel that a crafting ring being thrown in with the bunch and then make players choose it or a ring that would benefit them in endgame content more?
    Just put these rings into categories of 3: Mage, DPS, and Utility. Then pick one ring in each section. Surely that would satisfy people who want more rings just because there are x4 more options than
    previous/older content rewards. Curious as to how this will turn out/be handled by SquareEnix. Was one of the most trollest things they've done in a while, lol.

Add twelve really great rings, watch the world fall into despair.
    (2)
    Last edited by Raka; 11-11-2014 at 11:05 PM.

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Malphius View Post
    That's not a typo. A typo is where you make a small grammar mistake because you hit the wrong key on a keyboard. You were just wrong. It's okay to admit. Nobody will judge you for being wrong. We all make mistakes. Where you will get judged is for trying to be a manipulative liar.
    Holy **** at continue to bash others for their mistakes. I openly admitted that I accidentally typed "every WS" when I meant a few WS. It's nothing but a typo with no other intention, and you should just let it go. Then you pushed it further and hinted something else....you know, guess who is the manipulative one?

Do you REALLY have to continue to start drama and personal attack others in this thread just because other people disagree with your opinion about the amount of rings you can have? Those rings are not even close to game changing, if you love to start drama so much perhaps you should focus on other topics that matters a lot more....such as payment issues or job balance.
    (3)
    Last edited by Afania; 11-12-2014 at 12:23 AM.

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    Put me down for more cake. Once you pick the ring you want most (which isn't actually true, since there's a good chance you have to compromise what you really want and what benefits the most jobs), is the choice of a second ring no longer strategic?
    Allowing the player to pick 2 rings is definitely strategic, but it's not as strategic as only picking 1.

Out of 12 rings, I only really want 3, if I can obtain 3 rings, then there's not much choice I need to make. Even picking 2 rings out of 12 is a fairly easy choice, but picking 1 ring out of 12 is a lot harder. I've been choosing mission rewards fairly easily in the past because in COP, DM and WoTG, the best choice are fairly obvious. Now it's finally a chance to make a real choice instead of "pick this or do it wrong" like DM, CoP or WoTG.
    (4)

9. 11-12-2014 01:15 AM

Character
    Senan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    You make some really great points.

One thing I would say is that the crafting ring is Uber. Its very very very nice. If you are serious about crafting, that is the ring for you.

Casual crafters can still do their crafting slowly without the ring, so should get a battle ring instead. If you are casual about something, say crafting, then you don't need Elite Gear for your crafting - you need casual gear for your crafting. If you want to be an elite crafter, get the elite crafting ring. It makes sense really.

The same applies to other rings. You don't need to be the pinnacle of elite uberness on every job, and even if you were, you wouldn't even need a fancy ring on every job because you're already uber on them. So just pick the ring for the job you consider your most shiny, the ring will give your shiniest job that little extra sparkle. Or if you consider your crafting to be your most precious FFXI activity, you would go with crafting ring.

The old saying "a jack of all trades, a master of none" is true in this case. It is better to excel at one thing, than to try to excel at everything and fail. Sure you can be good at everything, but if you want to be the absolute Top Cat in any field, you have to focus on that one field, and I think the 1/12 choice here reflects that.
    Well said -- couldn't agree more with this post.
    (1)

Character
    Kyrai
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I'd like the synthesis ring to be an automatic reward like the body and cuffs, and then get to pick a ring from the other 11.
    (0)

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast