Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Jeanna
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

One MONTH after Paypal was removed with no notice and STILL no replacement ?!

Yes, me again. It's been over a month since you removed Paypal with zero notice to the playerbase and there still isn't any new reliable replacement. And before anyone tries to contradict me, they did indeed remove Paypal with zero notice - while UP stopped their points and game card, they're still up and running. SE gave no notice that they were removing UP completely.

What the heck is going on??

SE has got to have the worst business operations (and customer service) I've ever seen. How long can you seriously expect customers to sit around and wait so that they can play?

Hope for SE's sake you guys get this sorted out before Blizzard releases WoD and you end up losing players for good :/

I've been playing across 4 accounts since 2004 and not a single one of them has so much as a warning. Payment issues have more or less destroyed our LS and all but 3-4 people are left. I've enjoyed the game for a long time and miss playing but at this point, I'm so sick and tired of this BS and the way I've been treated by customer support, that if it's not fixed by the time WoD comes out, I'm just not going to bother to come back.
    (10)
    ★☆Taru Mule Extraordinnaire!☆★
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Odin/Calipso

Character
    Whiiskey
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I quit the game a few months ago, recently someone i know on another server invited me to his linkshell and i decided i would reactivate and mvoe server i paid my crysta fees and activated my account, i then checked how much it was to move server and went to add that crysta with the same card only a few minutes after i added the crysta to reactivate my account. It would not allow me so i tried 4 diffrent cards all with more than enough money on to cover the fees and none would work.

So now im stuck on a server i don't want to be on and i can't add any crysta or anything now. What kind of service is this ? I later learned that i now might be blocked from adding crysta for 30 days.
    (3)

3. 11-05-2014 11:47 PM

Quote Originally Posted by doublesbrian View Post
    I quit the game a few months ago, recently someone i know on another server invited me to his linkshell and i decided i would reactivate and mvoe server i paid my crysta fees and activated my account, i then checked how much it was to move server and went to add that crysta with the same card only a few minutes after i added the crysta to reactivate my account. It would not allow me so i tried 4 diffrent cards all with more than enough money on to cover the fees and none would work.

So now im stuck on a server i don't want to be on and i can't add any crysta or anything now. What kind of service is this ? I later learned that i now might be blocked from adding crysta for 30 days.
    Apparently GlobalCollect (SE's payment processor) won't allow multiple SE charges on the same day to the same card, and if you try, SE puts a payment block on the SquareEnix ID for a certain amount of time. You need to do all the billing at once, or wait until another business day to do an additional charge.

Unfortunately, we are having to deduce the rules ourselves since UltimatePay was removed as an option. The only way we get more information on what the rules actually are is for people to be blocked from paying.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Xaphina
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 13
    Their website is showing false information on many different levels. There has been incorrect information on the website for many years now as well. I am not sure if this is covered under the false advertisement laws. A lawsuit could possibly be made for having bought a product and not being able to use it nor get a refund.
    (1)

Character
    Naveryn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 33
    Calm down a little... they said they're working on it. Probably as quickly as they can, given the people that can't play right now.
    (1)

Character
    Scarfo
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 50
    Calm down ? Are you for real ? It shouldn't take more than a full day to add paypal to there payment options but it has taken them over a month. I'm another new victum to this my crysta runs out in two days and i have tried to add it today and im getting 401 errors.

This is really unacceptable behaviour from a company as large as se, they are taking the piss out of us.

So come on se or reps when are we getting paypal give us a time and date and no more of this were working on it bs that you spew.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Ris View Post
    Calm down a little... they said they're working on it. Probably as quickly as they can, given the people that can't play right now.
    As quickly as they can would have been to have an alternative in place as soon as they dropped UltimatePay, since they knew ahead of time they were going to be removing the option. People have linked threads back in July that said they were removing the option. It shouldn't be almost 6 months later and they still don't have a solution. Entire linkshells are being more than decimated by having people unable to pay their subscriptions. If they don't fix the problem quickly, a lot of people are going to find other ways to fill their time and stop paying attention to FFXI, meaning they won't come back to the game. Once someone stops playing an MMO, statistics say the majority of them don't come back, they jump to a new game or quit the genre altogether. Having a payment issue affect this much of the userbase for more than a week is going to seriously hurt the remaining population.

That's a lot for remaining players to get upset about. This is not a "remain calm" situation. This is a "yell at the company to get themself in gear and fix the problem" issue. If linkshells lose too many members to do their events, the remaining members without payment issues are going to jump ship to whatever their friends with payment issues are playing, to maintain their social groups. Something like this should never be allowed to happen, especially for so long. MMO attention spans are short if you have to go without the game.

It's also bad that SE hasn't well communicated the problem, and they're offering no recourse. If they wanted to retain players, they could at least reactivate the accounts that can't pay, or do a full everyone-plays-free while they fix it. They've already been reactivating all inactive accounts for 1-2 weeks at a time. Instead, we are getting silence until a large enough thread appeared for them to say they are working on a new option, but still couldn't give an ETA. It seems that SE only communicates with the player base about problems when we get upset enough,and minimally at that. They are reactive instead of proactive about our problems, and thus take longer than they should to fix things.

In light of that, remaining calm is the wrong choice. We only get things done when we get upset.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Quote Originally Posted by bungiefanNA View Post
    remaining calm is the wrong choice. We only get things done when we get upset.
    Yeah they pretty much seem to ignore any suggestions or problems that don't involve the playerbase losing their minds over it. You'd think ensuring people could pay would be a priority. Instead they are derping around while people fall off the subscription roll.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Jeanna
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ris View Post
    Really? Just no. These 601/401 errors have been constant for over a YEAR. A YEAR. There's a 120+ page thread on the 14 forums. People got around them before by using UP which is no longer available or gamecards which are not available for 11 . Now that UP is gone people are getting locked out of the game with no other options. They had a a very, very long time to look at these errors and think about fixing them; people certainly were complaining a lot about them.

I think the amount of anger/frustration people are having is pretty justified.

Here's the link to the 14 thread. Spans from September 2013 to today.

I personally have only had my credit card go through ONCE in 7 months.

So yeah.
    (0)
    Last edited by Jeanna; 11-07-2014 at 09:23 AM. Reason: added link, i am not a time traveler
    ★☆Taru Mule Extraordinnaire!☆★
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Odin/Calipso

Character
    Vasche
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I'm personally not affected by these issues, but it's wrecking my linkshell. I can say that there's going to be several of us quitting soon if our friends are locked out.

It would be nice if someone in the community team could chime in and let us know the progress of getting a new option added. Even if there's no new news to report, it's nice to hear something to know that our pleas aren't falling on deaf ears.
    (2)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast