Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Correct, but part of those stats that ilvl increases is the level of the pet, up to 119. I think that part was adjusted in a later update, tbh I can't remember. They staggered so many updates, pet levels/stats, Blu stuff, etc. Pup was ahead of the curve in all this cause it got it's Animator from Delve, where as Bst, Smn, and Drg didn't get their fixes for a few more months.

I don't know the details (not a Bst), but I'm sure Dasva or Falkirk could better explain the level properties of Bst pets. Some have their cap set low enough that Beast Affinity merits will get them to the 119 cap, while other's have their cap set high enough that the merits do nothing.

Regardless, ilvl gear has absolutely nothing to do with it. It relies solely on the ilvl of the main hand weapon.
    (0)
    7/10/14

Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    Umm~ no. The level of BST pets are based on the gear of the BST, there are no specific pieces that say they increase the level of your pet except the Relic Hands and those aren't even what's being talked about here.
    No... the level of bst pets is determined by main hand weapon only. If you equip 119 main hand you could be in onion gear and your pet will be 119. And with pets with a natural cap of 119 or over Monster gloves/merits etc do nothing now.

Really they ought to at least change that. Allowing merits and monster gloves to raise pet over mainhand weapon level would do a lot to make our pets suck less.

Anyhoo, I see the person just above me also answered this... but yeah XD
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    No, iLevel does not determine the level of you pets.
    You cannot equip a random piece of iLevel 1xx gear to make pets get a higher level, the piece of gear itself needs to say that it raises the level of your pet.
    Yea it's not random - it's the iLVL of the weapon in your mainhand. No, the weapon doesn't need to say anything about raising your pet level.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Advent Children

Sephiroth: Tell me what you cherish most... give me the pleasure of taking it away.
    Cloud: You just don't get it at all... there's not a thing I don't cherish.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    No... the level of bst pets is determined by main hand weapon only.
    While I admit I said gear and not main hand weapon, it was more or less what I meant. The main point I was attempting to get at was there not being specific pieces which increase a pets level(except hands), admittedly the detail about it being a weapon rather than armor wasn't as important to me especially due to the fact that I often times confuse BST's functionality(weapon) with Trust's(average ilevel). ><;
    (0)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5