Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

[DEV1239] The charges are not the problem. You've got it reversed.

[QUOTE]The job ability Ready will undergo the following adjustments.
    Familiars will be able to use special abilities if they have enough charge regardless of whether or not their TP is over 1,000.
    * This adjustment affects only those special abilities whose effects were dependent on TP values.[QUOTE]

SE, the pet will *ALWAYS* have more than 1000 TP before the first charge is ready. You've got it reversed. They should be able to use special abilities *WHEN* they have 1000 TP, independent of charge.
    (7)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthar View Post
    The job ability Ready will undergo the following adjustments.
    Familiars will be able to use special abilities if they have enough charge regardless of whether or not their TP is over 1,000.
    I guess they really don't want sheep to be able to full time Berserk. Its better than nohting but it doesn't look like they really thought this through though. Doesn't seem like they are adding any TP modifiers to pet abilities so Spur is now effectively useless (add it to the list of useless BST abilities.. charm, gauge, tame, feral howl, etc). At the very least, change spur to Greatly enhance the Accuracy/M.Accuracy/Attack/M.Attack of the next TP ability. At least then you'd have a snowball chance of landing effects on high level foes. Some more "Ready -recast" gear also wouldn't hurt.
    (6)
    Last edited by Mavrick; 10-31-2014 at 06:38 PM.

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I agree with the OP and this isn't something that the playerbase needs to wait until the update to test out. This doesn't really do anything but allow you to use a "freebie" once you immediately summon a pet and like Mavrick said just eliminates the usefulness of another Job Ability, Spur. It's been suggested a lot on the Beastmaster forums but they really just need to adopt the system in Monstrosity for TP moves. To assign each Ready move a TP quantity for use and just drop the charges system. The charge system is just antiquated at this point.

Just as an example and not bringing the job under fire, Summoner can dish out a lot more damage than Beastmaster every 33 seconds with gear. And still has a ability to use buffs/debuffs and do damage or heal themselves if the situation permits. Beastmaster being purely about damage so far in a party setting should be doing very similar if not more amounts of damage, especially if they are to compete with the damage over time of other damage dealing jobs.

They also just need to flat out bolster pet stats again so we can hit higher content without relying on something else to do it (merits, food, gear, etc). The base in my opinion while better is still lacking for higher end content. The development team stated they wanted Beastmaster to have higher damage over time than other melee in exchange for pet maintenance. There is still a ways to go and unshackling TP moves on a charge timer would be a good start.

Adding different TP moves like Wild Ginseng on Rarabs or Healing Breeze on Dhamels for party support would be another suggestion.
    (7)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Rwolf View Post
    They also just need to flat out bolster pet stats again so we can hit higher content without relying on something else to do it (merits, food, gear, etc). The base in my opinion while better is still lacking for higher end content. The development team stated they wanted Beastmaster to have higher damage over time than other melee in exchange for pet maintenance. There is still a ways to go and unshackling TP moves on a charge timer would be a good start.
    Nope they said pet jobs. Which they absolutely achieved... for the other 3. PUP was basically fixed when their H2H went to A+, and their puppet got the 90 acc/racc/macc bonuses. DRG now has a permanent, downsideless, berserk, defender, and hasso as long as their wyvern is alive. And SMN is now the entirety of BLM's job, with level 121 pets that have the stats of a moderately buffed player, can drop a BRD level buff every 33 seconds, and a 12k damage pet WS too. And in the next update, they'll basically get a second BRD song in a permanent avatar's favor, even if it is a bit weak. (like a +2 song instrument BRD song) And hastega 2 is in the works for the update after that.

BST gets... a new pet with a 1% enslow effect that never lands! Perfect! Now BST is just as good as a sword and board WAR that is solo, unbuffed, and never uses any job abilities! See, they're equal!*

*Under very specific circumstances that never actually happen. Please ignore... "OH LOOK! A NEW HOLIDAY HAT!" Door slams and car is heard starting outside.
    (9)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Louispv View Post
    BST gets... a new pet with a 1% enslow effect that never lands! Perfect! Now BST is just as good as a sword and board WAR that is solo, unbuffed, and never uses any job abilities! See, they're equal!*

*Under very specific circumstances that never actually happen. Please ignore... "OH LOOK! A NEW HOLIDAY HAT!" Door slams and car is heard starting outside.
    XD LOL. You sir, deserve a cookie.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Rwolf View Post
    XD LOL. You sir, deserve a cookie.
    Yep. We have gotten completely screwed by these useless "updates" which do nothing to bring us up to par in content let alone giving us higher damage than other jobs to make up for pet maintenance.

I mean LOL just LOL.

developer: HAI GUIZE, LESS THAN 60 PER CENT DAMAGE OF SAMURAI IS ENUF RITE? NOW YOUR PET WHIFF ONLY 40 PER CENT OF TIME, THAT GOOD?
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I play a non pet DD; it's thief. When I miss too much, I eat a piece of sushi. If I'm still missing, the bard switches from Minuets to Madrigals. If after that I'm still missing, I put on my accuracy set. The amount of accuracy on my normal tp set is 859. The recommended set up for a Tsurumaru sam has 824 accuracy. After the update Generous Arthur's base accuracy was 866. If your pets are having problems hitting things, so is everyone else. Every DD relies on food, equipment, and party support to do the damage they do. Why do you think beastmaster should be the exception? Eat some sushi, get some pet acc gear, and if you are still missing then you need a geo or red mage for either Torpor or distract.

Stop complaining that the updates are doing nothing when they are in fact doing something. There is no magic patch that will suddenly balance the job perfectly. It is trial and error and will take some time. Also no one is going to take you seriously when you say you want beastmaster to do as much damage as a buffed sam without the need for buffs.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulth View Post
    The recommended set up for a Tsurumaru sam has 824 accuracy.
    Ummm what? Is this the acc recommended to hit things in salvage? Because on Very Hard battlefields or Delve 2 it's 1200+ acc. If that's just gear before buffs, job abilities, food, etc. then you seem to be forgetting pets don't receive any of those things.

And even if there was enough gear and food to give that much pet acc, it cripples your own damage to wear it. The master does 90% of BST's damage, the pet does 10% at best. Why would I cut my own damage in half to up the damage of a pet, even if it doubled the pet's damage? 45%+20%= 65%! 65% is bigger than 100%, right?

"I can give 70 acc to 90% of my job and 100 acc to 10% of my job with Mochi!"
    "Yes but I can give 90 acc to my entire job, and 80 attack to my entire job, and an equal amount of racc and ratt with riverfin soup."

Do you not see the problem?

"I can wear this to enhance my pet!"
    "Yeah but everyone else gets to wear this or this and have it affect everything."

You seeing the damned problem yet?

"I can have a GEO use it's 10th most useful spell to give my pet more acc!"
    "Well yeah but we can have the GEO use vex/attunement to make our party entirely immune to magic, which is much more helpful, and just have the BRD use madrigals. Or if magic isn't a problem the GEO in our party can use fury/frailty to buff actual players, but won't help pets. Or our GEO can cast Haste/Fend to halve incoming physical damage and replace the Marches at the same time, so the BRD can Minuet/Minuet/Madrigal/Madrigal! Or Focus/acumen for mages, or refresh/regen, or nearly any other combination of spells, all of which are far more useful than Torpor and none of which will make your pet useful!"

Are you seeing the problem yet? For Pete's sake, even if the GEO was being worthless and casting Torpor/Precision to help your party's acc, the damned pet would only be benefiting from Torpor and would be getting half the acc boost of the rest of the party! DO? YOU? SEE? THE? PROBLEM? Because if not, you must work for SE.

No single fix my ass. We've told you the single fix every day for 10 years. Let buffs hit pets. Buffs already hit pets, that's why every time new buffs are added they have to emergency patch the game because they forgot the "don't hit pets" tag on one of them.

Or if you're really lazy, how about the single easy solution we've been saying for 7 years? Go to DRG's merit categories. Highlight Empathy. Hit copy. Go to BST merits. Delete Beast Healer. Paste Empathy. Change Spirit Link to Reward. Problem solved!
    (5)
    Last edited by Louispv; 11-08-2014 at 07:48 PM.

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    If you merit ready and use -ready gear you can actually have charges up before tp so semi useful. At the very least being able to start fights with hp down is not too bad
    (1)
    Last edited by dasva; 11-10-2014 at 03:15 PM.

Character
    Tpolomn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Louispv View Post
    Let buffs hit pets. Buffs already hit pets, that's why every time new buffs are added they have to emergency patch the game because they forgot the "don't hit pets" tag on one of them.

Or if you're really lazy, how about the single easy solution we've been saying for 7 years? Go to DRG's merit categories. Highlight Empathy. Hit copy. Go to BST merits. Delete Beast Healer. Paste Empathy. Change Spirit Link to Reward. Problem solved!
    Any one of those solutions would be awesome...
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast