Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

119 Empyrean Armor for Thief

So it has been said that they plan on reforging Empyrean armor. I don't know how soon that will be, but I am worried that it will be bad for thief. That is why I'm writing this post to state publicly what I feel thief needs from Empyrean armor, and suggest ways of giving it.

On a lighter note I have to say since artifact is called pillager's, relic is plunderer's, it only makes sense that empyrean should be called pilferer's. That's gold right there. If that doesn't get used I will be seriously disappointed.

Now I'm working under the assumption that Empyrean armor will be 109/119 and is meant as a side upgrade in gear rather than to replace either artifact or relic. Therefore the roles Pilferer's should fill are the ones Pillager's and Plunderer's aren't meeting. To me that would be an engaged, or tp set. The exception being Plunderer's Poulaines, but since Pilferer's Poulaines would be for Treasure Hunter, it matter little.

The other role I feel Pilferer's Attire Set should fill is a good set for evisceration. The critical hit damage on Pillager's is great for the weaponskills stacked with trick attack and sneak attack, but for evisceration it just lacks the right amount of critical hit chance.

Pilferer's Poulaines:
    DEF:71 HP+13 STR+12 DEX+20 VIT+12 AGI+52 INT+12 MND+12 CHR+30 Evasion+83 Magic Evasion+69 "Magic Def. Bonus"+5 Haste+4% "Treasure Hunter"+2 Enhances "Despoil" effect Set: Augments "Triple Attack"

Okay this one is pretty straight forward. Pretty much the same as the other 119 thf feet, but with the same type of bonuses as Raider's Poulaines +2. With an added +1 to treasure hunter so thieves can hit the treasure hunter cap with just it and Plunderer's Armlets.

Pilferer's Armlets:
    DEF:90 HP+25 STR+18 DEX+40 VIT+30 AGI+5 INT+9 MND+27 CHR+14 Accuracy+12 Attack+16 Evasion+39 Magic Evasion+37 "Magic Def. Bonus"+4 Haste+5% "Triple Attack"+2% "Sneak Attack"damage +16 Critical hit damage +2% Set: Augments "Triple Attack"

For the hands they should not be able to beat Pilager's Armlets for trick attack all while still being the better choice for sneak attack. Also a little triple attack so they are the chosen piece for tp over something like path A Qaaxo Mitaines.

Pilferer's Culottes:
    DEF:113 HP+47 STR+30 DEX+13 VIT+16 AGI+24 INT+34 MND+18 CHR+12 Evasion+38 Magic Evasion+69 "Magic Def. Bonus"+5 Haste+6% Dual Wield+6 Critical hit rate +8% "Triple Attack"+4% "Despoil"+10? Set: Augments "Triple Attack"

Important things to note is the Critical hit rate for evisceration, +6 Dual Wield because +11 dual Wield is awkward to get when most things give +5, and one less triple attack than the Triplus Subligar. As for the bonus to despoil, I really don't know since I have no idea what the bonus does in the first place.

Pilferer's Vest:
    DEF:130 HP+59 MP+64 STR+30 DEX+39 VIT+24 AGI+30 INT+30 MND+23 CHR+23 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+8 Evasion+74 Magic Evasion+64 Dagger skill +15 "Magic Def. Bonus"+6 Haste+4% "Triple Attack"+8% Augments "Conspirator" Set: Augments "Triple Attack"

Okay I know "Triple Attack"+8% seems like a whole lot to ask for, but it's still less extra hits than the Thaumas coat. As for the magic attack, that is for Aoelian Edge so I can drop my wayfarer robe. Also note the lack of critical hit rate and damage. That is so Plunderer's vest will still have a use as the best body for evisceration.

Pilferer's Bonnet:
    DEF:101 HP+36 MP+23 STR+22 DEX+25 VIT+20 AGI+26 INT+19 MND+19 CHR+20 Accuracy+18 Evasion+44 Magic Evasion+53 "Magic Def. Bonus"+2 Haste+8% Critical hit rate +4% "Triple Attack"+5% Enhances "Accomplice" effect Enhances "Collaborator" effect Set: Augments "Triple Attack"

The Raider's Bonnet +2 already had 3 triple attack which was the highest, but since it's getting a reforge it might as well get a nice boost of 2 more. Only other thing out of the norm is the critical hit rate to make it the best head for evisceration.

That pretty much covers my suggestions for thief empyrean reforged. If anyone would like to chime in with their own suggestions I wouldn't mind at all.
    (0)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Necro bump: These stats were picked out way before the addition of the alluvion skirmish armor. Please disregard these suggestion and make reforged empy as OP as you want in order to be better than the Taeon that antiquated half of artifact.
    (0)