Character
    Demetrius
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Please add a downloadable game client off your website.

Why isn't this a thing? Any other MMO I've played has a download section where you can download an installer for the game.

Considering this game has been out for 11 years, it's a little unrealistic to expect most people to still have their original discs. I know I've personally been through several moves since I first got the game and mine are long gone.

It's a little sucky that we have to either try and find a torrent or go re-buy the game discs.

It'd definitely been more user friendly and more friendly for returning players if the option to download the client was available off the SE website.
    (5)

I don't know the reason of why they never did that, I always thought it was odd as well.
    Though at the time it launched it wasn't very common, it is typically now though.

They do offer the download during return to vana'diel campaigns, just not generally, and I think thats only for FFXI base, not the expansions (but i've not tested it^^)
    I would imagine the main reason being that most people have re-bought the game through digital platforms for the collectors editions and can easily get it there.
    Where as most people who use the disc only still, aren't as often frequently returners, except maybe during the campaigns, so offering it would likely just consume other resources best spent on the game itself.
    (0)

Character
    Mariane
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    The download they offered during the return campaign was the full install (includes adoulin).
    (0)