Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
    Player
    God guys, they fixed it, the least you could do is be positive and not whine even more about it.
    (5)

Player
    From what I understand, they added the old work around back, they didn't fix the issues people had as a whole. Paypal so far as I know has always been a work around for many and adding that back helps a ton, but it's not a true fix. That said... I don't know exactly, but~ yeah, even though they took forever I'll give them credit, they didn't just ignore the problem entirely and they finally fixed it.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanna View Post
    Lol. Only 3.5 months late.

Too bad most everyone has moved on by now.

I've been locked out of my account since Oct 2. Maybe if you guys give me all trusts, random stuff etc I missed from the billion different short campaigns since I wasn't able to play during that time maybe I'll come back.

Edit: not to mention this doesn't fix the 401 etc problems to start with. Any plan on actually fixing that this century?
    if you're not subbed how are you posting? Yes, the forum has cookies, but their expiry is pretty short. I was kicked off within days of a subscription lapse.
    (1)

Character
    Senan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    if you're not subbed how are you posting? Yes, the forum has cookies, but their expiry is pretty short. I was kicked off within days of a subscription lapse.
    I haven't been able to sub for close to a month and I can still post.
    (0)

The negativity is because FFXIV is fairly young, FFXI isn't, and FFXIV at least has prepaid time cards, which FFXI doesn't. Many of the people affected by this in FFXI lost their only way to pay for the game, while FFXIV had a couple other ways.

As far as short forum cookies, they're not, just certain forum actions cause the server to renew the cookie, which fails if your sub is up. I was able to post for about a year with an inactive subscription by avoiding those actions, during my 2012-2013 break due to financial crisis.

PayPal isn't an option for Japanese accounts because they have prepaid WebMoney cards available all over their country. SE hasn't gotten with the times to expect people to move internationally. I had to fight for 8 months in 2011 to get a region change so I could use my account from JP launch with NA payment methods, sicne I moved and they locked out non-JP cards from processing on JP accounts. SuToCorp was getting to be too expensive with their profit markup and the exchange rate, and to use it for Crysta I would have had to register a false JP mailing address and risk an account ban if they noticed. The response was finally that they would do a region change once in the life of the account. Ugh, and the wife wants to move to Europe after she gets her college degree.
    (3)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Ive been able to post without having an active acount til the last time in december. I had one of my two characters on my account active (not my main one) and suddenly everytime i opened the forums it forced me to the page to pick my character. right now i have both characters goin and cant switch back to my main character and its very annoying.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

While this might not be entirely related to the issue people were describing here, it's rather similar, and since positive feedback is so rare to find, I'll write about a somewhat recent experience of mine here.

Firstly, I'm in the Europe, and secondly, I more than likely caused my 401 (and other) errors myself.

I've used a Visa Electron to buy Crysta (handled by Global Collect, if memory serves me right-like), and sometimes it would error out once or twice (perhaps I mistyped something). About two months ago, when it was doing that, it seemed to finally be a permanent issue for me as well. I decided to see if I can make the error change (I forget the other error message I got; it looked like the page did not load correctly, and I think it was telling me I had no permission to access something).

So I went and tried to pay repeatedly, without pause, for about twenty (20) times.

At some point, I went to look at my bank account, and just a day or few ago, the bank had taken its service fees... which had put me about 1 EUR below what I needed to pay for the crysta!

Oopsies ! !! !

I contacted the support, and within few days, the payment method (and the same card) worked again. I had to send a picture of an ID and the bank card as proof that I'm indeed the owner, or that I at least possess both of them...

I often read about the horror stories with regards to the SqEX customer support, but I can honestly say that I've had a few good ones myself!

It's unforgivable (to say the least) what others have had to go through (or not been getting through even).

I did make sure to point out that a more telling error message could be helpful, instead of just throwing a 401, without really saying what's going on... not that the customer support can affect any of that, I imagine.

Blubb!
    (1)
    Last edited by Dragoy; 05-10-2015 at 05:10 AM. Reason: Add mention of Global Collect.
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Teleste
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    So this was originally caused by SE dropping PayPal support? Did I read that correctly?
    (0)

Yes, when they dropped UltimatePay, the PayPal option went with it, becuase it was provided by UltimatePay. It took them several months to bring the option back under their own provision. Paired with SE's payment processor not being liked by some banks, many people couldn't pay at all during that time.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Player
    Still wish SE could introduce their own gametime card like XIV did. ^^;
    (0)

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast