Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Seillan View Post
    Well, that was fun. I just got off with a useless agent in support that gave me the BS spiel about how my card was blocked due to "suspicious activity." I guess you have to get lucky to get an agent that will actually help you with this issue. He told me my only option was to wait for other payment options "that will become available in the near future." Fat chance that I'll wait that long. I've never heard of a security system that was so touchy you got your payment locked out for literally doing nothing. When my automatic re-billing stopped initially, I hadn't even logged into my account for probably about a week prior. It makes no sense. Ugh, I'm ticked.
    Ah yes, but having a valid bank account, valid debit/credit card, and money in the bank is not enough. Even being a loyal customer for ten years doesn't help!

For payments to go through, you have to make the transaction during Full Moon, and during a Total Lunar Eclipse, and while chanting ancient sacred prayers in a room full of candles and shrines and incense burners. Don't forget to wear a lucky rabbit's foot, incase the other things are not enough. Happy New Year lol.
    (3)

Character
    Senan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    Ah yes, but having a valid bank account, valid debit/credit card, and money in the bank is not enough. Even being a loyal customer for ten years doesn't help!

For payments to go through, you have to make the transaction during Full Moon, and during a Total Lunar Eclipse, and while chanting ancient sacred prayers in a room full of candles and shrines and incense burners. Don't forget to wear a lucky rabbit's foot, incase the other things are not enough. Happy New Year lol.
    I... may try this.

(Happy New Year!)
    (1)

I thought I'd mention to those interested in knowing - SE does indeed read this thread, so take whatever comfort that is to you.

That said, since they just threatened to take my account and ban me for the wording I chose on my previous post, I bid you all farewell on the forum as this will be my final post here. See you in game! Hope you eventually get your accounts back online to enjoy the game again!

<take care>
    (1)

Character
    Senan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Jile View Post
    I thought I'd mention to those interested in knowing - SE does indeed read this thread, so take whatever comfort that is to you.

That said, since they just threatened to take my account and ban me for the wording I chose on my previous post, I bid you all farewell on the forum as this will be my final post here. See you in game! Hope you eventually get your accounts back online to enjoy the game again!

<take care>
    Considering this is still an issue for some even on FFXIV, I'm starting to doubt anything will ever change -- regardless of how much we complain here. They apparently haven't lost enough people for it to make a difference; either that, or they just don't care. I've never seen a company that basically refused to take people's money, so I really don't know what to think. For the last three days, I've tried every different method I could find around the web for getting my payment to go through (waiting 24 hours in between each attempt) and it still isn't happening. The only options I haven't tried yet are buying Crytsa instead of the straight subscription (which I doubt will change anything) and using a different card. I only have a debit card myself, so I don't have many options in that regard.

Ugh, it's just so frustrating. The game is truly top notch, and I was really starting to get into it (after not being able to find an mmorpg that has been able to satiate my particular tastes for years) but the way they run the business side of their company is pathetic. And as for their Customer Service department, I'm not even sure why they have one -- it seems like they're unable to help you with almost anything.

Anyway, sorry for yet another rant, heh. I'll continue to keep my eye on the game to see if they ever get off their asses and fix this, but I'm not holding my breath at this point.
    (1)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

EDIT : was able to pay with the new Paypal option and so posted again once to say thankyou for fixing it.
    (1)
    Last edited by Stompa; 01-16-2015 at 09:03 AM.

Character
    Senan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    We know they've read this thread, they replied to it around 10 pages ago lol.

They said they were working to install a Paypal option ASAP. So they have already "talked the talk" and now we are waiting for them to "walk the walk."

In my small FFXI gamer group, only a handful of people, three have already lost access to their accounts since UltimateGameCard stopped running, they were paying for crysta with Paypal/UGC and now their crysta has expired. My own UGC/Paypal crysta expires in March. All three of my friends (and myself) have tried to pay using debit/credit cards and experienced Error Lockout problems on SEAMS site. So they have abandoned FFXI now.

How many people have stopped playing due to payment problems since the Click&Buy disaster? When at least four people I know quit the game due to Click&Buy's larcenous brigandry treatment of customers. How many more people have stopped playing in the years following C&B, due to SEAMS website Error Lockouts? How many more people have stopped playing since Paypal/UGC option expired?

My guess is that the answer is "quite a lot of people" have stopped playing FFXI in the last 2 years due to payment issues. And in the case of my friends, these were model players, money in the bank, valid cards, great in-game behaviour / obey the TOS etc. / no cheats / always helping new players etc. Those friends are gone from the game now because of C&B and SEAMS website payment problems, and because UGC/Paypal is finished.

This is my last post here on this forum, ever. I've played FFXI since 2004 and I have said its the best videogame ever made. I'd love to keep playing it, and I have money / valid bank cards / bank account / flawless Paypal history etc. There is no reason at all why SE doesn't accept my money from my UK bank, or the money from my half-dozen friends who no longer play the game due to SE randomly not accepting money from their valid EU/US/Canada bank accounts. Its a total mess, and with this sentence I wash my hands of the whole sorry affair. I'll take my money to other games where it is welcomed with open arms.
    I was conflicted about liking your post since you said it will be your last, but given the circumstances, I can understand completely . This situation is frustrating enough for me and I'm still a relatively new player (well, I played pretty heavily at one point but it was around the release era.) For someone who's been as loyal to this company as you have, and a model customer for so many years to boot, I can imagine how big of an insult this is to you. To be locked out of something you've devoted so much time and effort to -- for no fault of your own -- is unacceptable, especially when they have the gall to try and pin it on us for "suspicious activity" or other such nonsense. Just thinking about it pisses me off, arrg.

Anyway, I enjoyed the few back & forths we had around here and I'd like to think that one day, when/if SE decides to get their sh*t together, we might have a few more. If not, I wish you the best and I hope you find another "home" that is just as fulfilling .
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Maybe if we post this a few more times, they'll add some more payment options.

(0)

8. 01-11-2015 09:13 PM
    Reason
    Sorry wrong spot

Greetings, everyone,

You will be pleased to hear that PayPal is now available to use as a method of purchasing Crysta!

We understand that many of you have been waiting patiently to utilize this payment option and we wish to thank you for your patience while we worked to get it implemented.
    (6)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    hey Grekumah, your post isn't showing up on the dev tracker here like it is on the other boards. Just thought you should know.
    (0)

Character
    Ovjang
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99

Summarizes my feelings.
    (2)

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast