Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    How things change. Back in the day I had BLUs yell at me for casting Refresh on them. XD
    (0)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Zaelle
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raydeus View Post
    How things change. Back in the day I had BLUs yell at me for casting Refresh on them. XD
    Really? I used to want Refresh all the time but rarely anyone found it high priority. I never demanded it or anything though. I would only ask if we were doing really good or I just couldn't keep up with MP and was slowing down trying to rest or something. (This is a LONG time ago though before 75+ and before BLU had refresh, etc)
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelle View Post
    Really? I used to want Refresh all the time but rarely anyone found it high priority. I never demanded it or anything though. I would only ask if we were doing really good or I just couldn't keep up with MP and was slowing down trying to rest or something. (This is a LONG time ago though before 75+ and before BLU had refresh, etc)
    The problem I'd have with people refreshing my blu is they were never that good at it. So like it would wear off and I'd wait and wait for them to recast and they wouldn't then I'd cast my 5 minute refresh and 3 seconds later they'd overwrite it with their 3 minute refresh and we'd play this game over and over again
    (2)

Character
    Kyrai
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    Koru-Moru was intentionally designed to not casting Refresh on blue mages.

There are a couple of reasons for the decision.
    • Blue mage can cast Battery Charge on themselves, which is already a large boon to blue mage MP management.
    • When playing blue mage a lot of time is spent monitoring your own MP.

If there are more targets that require Refresh, it’ll make it increasingly more difficult for Koru-Moru to support other party members, and this might result in braking one of his main roles in battle where he casts strong enfeebling spells.
    We were leveling up blue mage, not 99, so we didn't have battery charge or auto-refresh at that time. We did get the spells to get auto-refresh as soon as we could, but we're not high enough for battery charge yet. It was very frustrating to see Koru refresh Joachim who had full MP but not refresh either of us. Fortunately, we could finagle the party to get refresh from the bards at least.
    (1)

Character
    Calatilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxus View Post
    Yeah, magic hammer is great...unless you're fighting something you can't aspir.

Good point on the club WS thou, but to be consistent they should also make it so koru-moru doesn't refresh paladins, dark knights, geomancers, and white mages, since they can all equip clubs and use moonlight as well.
    Mooonlight is a poor excuse for an MP replenishing weaponskill, the only useful MP replenishing club weaponskill worth mentioning is Mystic Boon, and only WHM has access to that.

If Koru-moru won't cast refresh II on us because we have Battery charge why does he cast haste II when we have Erratic Flutter? I`d rather have refresh II over Haste II.
    (3)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

Yup, Yup I still vote for more Blue Mage refreshing due to high mp spells..

Quote Originally Posted by kylani View Post
    We were leveling up blue mage, not 99, so we didn't have battery charge or auto-refresh at that time. We did get the spells to get auto-refresh as soon as we could, but we're not high enough for battery charge yet. It was very frustrating to see Koru refresh Joachim who had full MP but not refresh either of us. Fortunately, we could finagle the party to get refresh from the bards at least.
    I honestly heave both Auto-refresh, Battery charge equipped with one gear that adds one or two tick more mp and yet I feel its still not enough to keep recasting the spells rather quickly in successions.

Quote Originally Posted by Calatilla View Post
    Mooonlight is a poor excuse for an MP replenishing weaponskill, the only useful MP replenishing club weaponskill worth mentioning is Mystic Boon, and only WHM has access to that.

If Koru-moru won't cast refresh II on us because we have Battery charge why does he cast haste II when we have Erratic Flutter? I`d rather have refresh II over Haste II.
    I will whole heartily agree how little mp is recovered from the weapon skill suggested!
    I think I meant battery charge...as I have just revisited this post.
    (2)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 05-11-2016 at 08:16 PM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Yuchemey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Koru-Moru and Arciella II Doesn't Refresh 1 or 2 BLU or DRK for some reason. But King of Hearts do.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    The problem I'd have with people refreshing my blu is they were never that good at it. So like it would wear off and I'd wait and wait for them to recast and they wouldn't then I'd cast my 5 minute refresh and 3 seconds later they'd overwrite it with their 3 minute refresh and we'd play this game over and over again
    This is me and haste on my blue... it is just like... if you're not going to keep up the buffs please don't apply them... also if you're on BLU go king of hearts he doesn't hate us like koru...
    (1)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3