Thread: Auto Regain

Character
    Xsilver
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99

Auto Regain

Allow Dancers to have the trait: "Auto Regain" and "Auto Regain II". This will give Dancer's 2TP/tick, but to prevent abuse or balance issues, allow it only to activate while engaged with a target AND have enmity on the current target. This will prevent Dancers from engaging a target from afar or with Sneak/Invisible on and accruing TP risk free.

This will aid in generally increasing the amount of TP a DNC has to work with.

While on the topic of Dancer TP, please allow the trait "Conserve TP" to be able to activate on Sambas/Waltzes/Steps.
    (2)

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Um is this not why they gave DNC Finishing Moves? The only time you have to worry about tp is at the beginning of a fight, until you build up finishing moves. You can generate 5 Finishing move points in 20 sec with Presto. You have to put Merit points into the category that grants you more tp / finishing move and cap it, which will give you 750 tp for all 5 finishing moves at cap.

Not saying you don't have a valid point, I'm just saying that there are ways to get extra tp within the actual job, but Auto-Regain would probably make DNC a bit too overpowered.
    (0)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Not to mention that dancers actually have an okay form of regain. If you are using Polyhymnia and Maxixi Tiara +1, Haste Samba will actually give dancers 450 tp over the duration of the samba; that's a 100 tp profit. If they have 10 job points in samba duration that's another 50 extra tp. When they increase the cap to 30, Haste samba will last for 3:15, or 65 ticks for a total of 650 tp, and a net profit of 300.

So When a dancer goes into a zone they could no foot rise, reverse flourish, and then just keep a samba up to constantly gain tp without even engaging.
    (0)

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    This will give Dancer's 2TP/tick, but to prevent abuse or balance issues, allow it only to activate while engaged with a target AND have enmity on the current target. This will prevent Dancers from engaging a target from afar or with Sneak/Invisible on and accruing TP risk free.
    Why put these restrictions on when via cor and sch there are ways to gain tp without being engaged or being sneak/invis'ed? Or if they had No foot step merited they can easily pop that and reverse flourish upon zoning to have TP to start. Ive always thought they should have at least 1 tick regain due to the fact TP is thier life blood much like MP is to whm. but now a days at 99 and decent gear i seem to get tp so fast I am not sure regain needed as much. In the eary days though leveling and in parties and such I thought it would have really helped. Back when accuracy was an issue and we didnt have dual wield ect...
    (0)

I think Latent Regain for melee jobs and Latent Refresh for Mages would be a nice CP gift.
    (0)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Raydeus View Post
    I think Latent Regain for melee jobs and Latent Refresh for Mages would be a nice CP gift.
    and what about jobs that are both melee and mage at the same time?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    and what about jobs that are both melee and mage at the same time?
    I'm a RDM, so I know the chances of SE giving us a functional Auto-Refresh that works in combat are 0 (or more precisely -0.5 because it's more likely our Refresh will get nerfed first.)

BLU on the other hand would probably get the Latent Regain instead.
    (0)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    Why put these restrictions on when via cor and sch there are ways to gain tp without being engaged or being sneak/invis'ed? Or if they had No foot step merited they can easily pop that and reverse flourish upon zoning to have TP to start. Ive always thought they should have at least 1 tick regain due to the fact TP is thier life blood much like MP is to whm. but now a days at 99 and decent gear i seem to get tp so fast I am not sure regain needed as much. In the eary days though leveling and in parties and such I thought it would have really helped. Back when accuracy was an issue and we didnt have dual wield ect...
    I'd imagine those restrictions are to balance out the fact he was talking about it being a job trait so otherwise always active. Cors have to use that buff over others and schs still have to cast. On the other hand with high amounts of haste you see in pts nowadays not sure how helpful regain is during the fight. Probably get more tp out of another 5% DA or something.

Since they are giving gift spells why not gift jas (similar to how non mages got merit jas while mages got merit spells) have a tp "drain" samba. But that doesn't actually take away from the mob because too good. Probably end up being better than this regain and fairly in line with dnc. I mean there is already an hp and mp samba tp just seems like a obvious conclusion and would make it a rather interesting choice between haste and it instead of the current haste samba or bust
    (1)
    Last edited by dasva; 01-28-2015 at 04:11 PM.

The dev. team would like dancers to utilize reverse flourish to maximize their TP management and as such they do not have any plans to add auto-regain to dancer.
    (7)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Player
    I fail to see why Dancers would need auto-regain. Even a 50/tic would be over kill on it. Dancers can dual wield daggers, have access to DA+ gear, have access to dual wield gear, and have very good evasion and good accuracy. I haven't seen a dancer in years have a hard time keeping their TP up. So unless you're not good with TP management, you shouldn't be having problems.
    (3)
    Marada- Badass Tarutaru Ginger

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast