Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Auto Regain

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Like i said, I mostly saw this needed in the olden days when DNC first came out (via trait or a regain stat on our bodies like mages got refresh). When the best WS we had forever was gust slash. When even with food and decent gear it was hard to land hits in parties. And we didnt come with dual wielding like we do now (And I dont even mean the end game since dnc wasnt allowed in much of anything back then, Im talkin leveling parties and whatever DNC might have been involved with in those days. Since people didnt view DNC as a melee at all, jsut a shitty healer). It is much different now than it was back then. I am not sure how many people even know how it was back then cause there was so few of us. Now there are dancers everywhere. These days with gear we have available and Melee updates we have gotten since then, Regain isnt as needed. (Still wouldnt mind seeing a Regain stat on empy body reforge, like mages get refresh, even if it was only 1 tp a tick. But I wouldnt cry about it if we didnt get it.)
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Right now outside of getting some while waiting for a fight store tp would probably do more than an auto regain given attack speeds and such
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Right now outside of getting some while waiting for a fight store tp would probably do more than an auto regain given attack speeds and such
    absolutely true, or a Conserve TP trait analogous to blm's Conserve MP trait so you can luck out, get off that Waltz V and still have enough TP for a kickass WS/self SC in 2 seconds.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    absolutely true, or a Conserve TP trait analogous to blm's Conserve MP trait so you can luck out, get off that Waltz V and still have enough TP for a kickass WS/self SC in 2 seconds.
    Oh or maybe a trait similar to the augment you could get on Desultor Tassets. Like a gift that gives you -5 tp per waltz. Another one that gives -1 per step etc
    (0)

Character
    Sapphire
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    dancer doesnt need autoregain, removing the JA delay we incurr when doing steps would give us more tp over time and fix one of the biggest issues with the steps adjustment.

The puppet master adjustment where they removed JA delay for maneuvers while meleeing means they could redo dancer steps so they could be done without DPS stalls.
    The visual cue of a step effect being applied could be changed from the current animation to just having a colored glow(different color per step type) effect pulse in the hand while the current meleeing animation continues unhindered.
    (2)
    Death Penalty / Terpsichore / Murgleis / Nagi / Kikoku / Armageddon / Twashtar

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    The dev. team would like dancers to utilize reverse flourish to maximize their TP management and as such they do not have any plans to add auto-regain to dancer.
    To Grekumah and Akihioko Matsui I hope you both are aware that you already giving all job a source of TP regain +10 with the use of a item. NPC by the name of Bernegeois sell Frontier Soda drink which offer TP regain +10 for any job that use as long as you have the inventory to carry them. Can we please just allow everyone to have a TP regain +10 through the use of lonis, sanction, and signet etc? and ban the soda Frontier Soda so people can't buy it anymore because it's too much of a hassle since these don't stack and it takes up a lot of inventory space.
    (0)

Player
    Sapphire yeah I believe you are 100% correct about Ja Delay while DNC incurr a steps. It slow them down and they lose a few second of melee. This has been one of DNC biggest problem for a long time now and many DNC i see do not bother to land a steps but just melee. Maybe this is an issue and they probably fix it in the future I hope.

What does everyone think is better? =)

A: Remove JA delay while DNC incurr a steps.
    B: Leave it the way it is but when someone land a steps they get TP instead of losing TP.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I'd say remove ja delay largely it fixes the larger problem for everyone instead of just 1 job. It's not really just a dnc problem it's just now that they fixed it for pup (well somewhat fixed it) it's biggest for dnc. But after the update it's going to be a big problem for bst. Well sorta already is in that it is often an overall dps loss to use ready but will become even more apparent after they lower the recast and up the dmg. While it depends on how much the increase dmg and the skill elements the sheer frequency of readying will have a huge effect on how much help the change can actually accomplish at least in pt play. Hurts run a bit too as they can be rather spammy. Actually remove all fixed after action delays. Like the couple of seconds after casting a spell even with chainspell. The delay after ws. The delay after doing ranged attacks.
    (1)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

Well Gears were mentioned thus here is one that could be utilized!

Well since some were mentioning reforged gears that could include auto-regain it gave me an idea/reminder of another in game gear piece but this here is an over looked gear piece that does give auto-Regain but only with weapons drawn to attack and you don't necessarily have to be attacking the mob for the tp to be building 10 tick at a time in which you could be standing at a distance letting your tp build up for it is how it's Latent Effect works of it's 2nd added augment to this item and the rest i'll discuss about it is next. {well there is also a sword that gives auto-regain at the horrible cost mp draining but I'm not positive it is a dnc usable sword as well.}

Its called the Augmented "Moonshade Earring" in the earring slot from finishing up the Wings Of The Goddes Storyline and of course you can put more then one type of augment on it but the one augment that would benefit a Dancer Job the most is Adding the 2nd Augment of LE: Regain to it. I picked for my first augment is added accuracy, granted there are better earrings or rings out now for high level even if your I-Level with the job in which case you can find some better adoulin story line gears now. I'm guessing the dude was referring to leveling the job up before pre-99 on its tp based abilities but not sure what could be better tp based/tp based gears for low level dnc's who have just started out leveling the job up. <(?_?)
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 02-06-2015 at 06:33 PM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Astronema
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Teraniku View Post
    Um is this not why they gave DNC Finishing Moves? The only time you have to worry about tp is at the beginning of a fight, until you build up finishing moves. You can generate 5 Finishing move points in 20 sec with Presto. You have to put Merit points into the category that grants you more tp / finishing move and cap it, which will give you 750 tp for all 5 finishing moves at cap.

Not saying you don't have a valid point, I'm just saying that there are ways to get extra tp within the actual job, but Auto-Regain would probably make DNC a bit too overpowered.
    don't forget those free finishing moves dancer gets with no foot rise and the empy gloves +2 that further enhances the reverse flourish ;3

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teraniku View Post
    You have to put Merit points into the category that grants you more tp / finishing move
    oh wait....nvm on the no foot rise part...you said it lol
    (0)
    Last edited by Ladynamine; 02-07-2015 at 05:50 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast