Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Well, the issue they're having is with their current pipeline. In the simplest case, it's:

Base Delay -> Delay Reduction (Dual Wield, Martial Arts, Delay-%, etc.) -> Adjusted Delay
    1) Adjusted delay -> TP formulas -> TP/hit
    2) Adjusted delay -> Various forms of Haste -> Effective melee delay

What they would need to do instead is:
    1) Base Delay -> Delay*(1-MIN(1-0.2/(1-Haste%),Delay Reduction available) )-> TP formulas -> TP/hit
    2) Base Delay -> Delay Reduction -> Various forms of Haste -> Effective melee delay

So they'd have the monkey around fairly deep in their own machinery and add a new function or two, exposing total Haste earlier, and changing the pipeline. Specifically, they'd probably leave effective melee delay calculation the same and add a new function to feed in to the TP Formulas. It's not impossible, but I can't really fault them too much for being afraid to touch that code.

Edit:
    For the record, such a change would amount to a ~5% DPS increase for Dancer when I implement it in the spreadsheets. I made the assumption that equipment Haste would still be capped during WS.

I assume it would be similar for other DW/Martial Arts jobs (probably a slightly larger DPS boost for some), so it would have given Haste Samba value in this way. Not spectacular, but a buff to Haste Samba nonetheless.
    (0)
    Last edited by Byrth; 10-13-2014 at 12:15 PM.

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    I'm feeling a bit too lazy to actually look this stuff up
    I'm not:

Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui
    Matsui here.

I have some follow-up information regarding how we plan to build on relic, mythic, empyrean, and Walk of Echoes ("coin") weapons (I'll refer to them as RMEC below. Apologies that I left out coin weapons in my last post).

There are many who feel upset and uneasy regarding the recently introduced weapons, as well as the information that has been conveyed until now. So while this information is still not finalized, I would like to give a bit more insight into our plans.

We are planning to unlock the special weapon skills that are granted from RMEC weapons when you have upgraded them to their level 99 form (this includes non-afterglow weapons, and shield/instruments will not be included in this). However, we plan on adding some conditions that fall in line with the jobs that can equip the respective RMEC weapons.

As we have yet to finish all the testing as to whether or not we can do this, please let me again reiterate that this is not yet finalized.

Due to the nature of this topic, we definitely need to proceed carefully, so despite the fact that I'm only mentioning this at the idea level, I understand that the level of disappointment will be quite great if I say that it is too difficult to accomplish this after all, and I was thinking it would be best to let you all know once it took a bit more shape.
    The original plan was to unlock the RME WS and then toss the lvl 99 weapon. After that was posted the thread pretty much exploded with nerd rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post

The TP thing is just that, its just a simple increase in the amount of TP you get per swing.
    I could not find anything about that so I'm going to assume you're wrong. I certainly don't see any difference in TP per hit.
    (0)

Character
    Gannon
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Skull View Post
    I could not find anything about that so I'm going to assume you're wrong. I certainly don't see any difference in TP per hit.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...Version-Update

The changes to TP gain happened at the same time as the changes to TP displayed.
    (0)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4