Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Safiyyah View Post
    For damage, Vajra should beat Mandau the majority of the time.
    Why? Mandau has a better special WS, higher special WS multiplier (40% vs 25%) and higher DPS ( 31.02 vs 29.7) and it builds TP faster due to it's lower delay. Just don't put an Ipetam or Sandung in the offhand slot or it will drag you down. Leisilonu +2 is what you should be using offhand with a Mandau.
    (0)
    Last edited by Atomic_Skull; 10-07-2014 at 02:23 PM.

Character
    Jeanna
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Rudra's (stacked)should be beating out Mercy Stroke (stacked) even with Mandau.

From what I've seen on spreadsheets, Vajra beats Mandau if you're able to sa/ta your ws's with Rudra's. If you can't AM3 and you're just spamming weaponskills without SA/TA, Mandau might be better.

Someone who can actually math this stuff out can feel free to correct me.
    (0)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanna View Post
    Rudra's (stacked)should be beating out Mercy Stroke (stacked) even with Mandau.

From what I've seen on spreadsheets, Vajra beats Mandau if you're able to sa/ta your ws's with Rudra's. If you can't AM3 and you're just spamming weaponskills without SA/TA, Mandau might be better.

Someone who can actually math this stuff out can feel free to correct me.
    Even if you were able to SATA every time the timer cools off Mandau will have generated more TP in the same time period and Rudra's TP bonus to fTP is significant. And lvl 99 Mandau has a 40% damage multiplier on MS that makes a 100% TP MS equivalent to a 200% TP Rudra's.
    (0)

Character
    Safiyyah
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Skull View Post
    Why? Mandau has a better special WS, higher special WS multiplier (40% vs 25%) and higher DPS ( 31.02 vs 29.7) and it builds TP faster due to it's lower delay. Just don't put an Ipetam or Sandung in the offhand slot or it will drag you down. Leisilonu +2 is what you should be using offhand with a Mandau.
    If you can maintain AM3, Vajra is a decent margin ahead, even comparing unstacked WS versus unstacked WS. If you can maintain AM3 AND stack your WS, it's not that close.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2