Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Feary
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99

Seriously? 24 hour skill up campaign!

This is very this appointing. one of the very few things in this game i can do and like to with my current play schedule is level different crafts.

Now i know he only reason you gave us this opportunity is to promote the use a the new AWESOME features added to synthesis like kits and the /lastsynth command.

however, giving us only about 2 weeks~ to prepare(farm/camp AH) for materials to participate in this skill up campaign, is HIGHLY disappointing. There are players(myself and linkshell mates) here who have been crafting from the start, who put extra effort into not only leveling a craft but capping all their tradeskills. This was not only for the plays powerleveling a craft from 0-50.

this should last at least over a weekend. at a 3 day campaign would have sufficed.

today i spent 19 hours of this time taking care of my responsibilities, work, family and proper rest. Which you very carefully never let us forget EVERY TIME WE click Play.

so please next time give us a little more time to prepare, and a little more time to actually craft and allow us to take full advantage of this gift you tried to give to us.
    (3)

I understand your gripe but we should be glad we got anything at all. And they did advertise in advance that they were going to do it. It also could have been worse. Last time they did it, it was two hour increments three times a day.
    (1)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    How about "Thank you for the skillup campaign."?

Unbelievable. They could've given you nothing and you skill up like everyone else has for the past 10+ years. Instead they give you a gift and like a spoiled child you say "No! I want more!"
    (8)

Character
    Krash
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Feary View Post
    This is very disappointing.
    Fixed that for you. ^^b
    (1)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Hopefully this is something they'll offer on a frequent basis and you'll be able to take advantage of it on many occasions in the future. (Hint hint, SE)
    (1)

Character
    Dragomair
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Honestly, I'm satisfied with the campaign.
    The 1-day limit was enough not to ruin the economy in materials for weeks and it's also enough for a few people to get up and actually cap their crafts.
    (2)

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I thought it was a cool idea and I'm hopeful that they'll do another one of these sometime in the future.
    (2)

Character
    Ramzi
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    How about... I dunno, just phantom double skillups permanently? The ridiculously low skillup rate for crafting in this game is beyond annoying and time consuming the way leveling jobs used to be. I'm all for making it more difficult after a certain level (50?) but low level crafting should not take forever and tons of gil.

Not saying it should be as easy as FFXIV either, because leveling crafting in that game is a joke with the generous exp from leves. But throw us a bone SE. With no crafters making low level armor anymore, we are left with 2 options- level up with no armor, or less effective armor, or level crafts and make them ourselves. There is literally no other way to obtain them. In a 10 year old MMO something has to give.
    (0)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    @Ramzi I have to disagree with your last point, honestly. I mentioned this in a previous thread, the one about the dearth of low-level armor in the AH, but it's not that hard to get the materials yourself and ask someone to craft them. You don't have to even know people; a shout generally will get you a crafter who appreciates a simple tip of even 10k just to help you out by making something. I just had a Hauby crafted last night for me after grabbing materials, and even in the end I couldn't get Darksteel Chains/Sheets so I bought a stack of ingots and brought the appropriate crystals to the crafter, who crafted them and then the Hauby. We even had a break the first time (always awkward breaking a synth 30+ levels below you...) and he was nice enough to pay to replace the materials lost. In the end I tipped him to make up for the materials he bought and a little extra as a thank you.

The point of this story is not that you're stuck with "level up with no armor, or less effective armor." You can get it crafted by speaking with crafters, bringing them materials, and asking them to take a minute of their time to craft quickly. Most don't mind, and if you include a tip, they're appreciative. Besides that, there's also FoV chests, quests for things like low-level JSE, etc. I've leveled my mule's NIN to 50, and WAR and DNC subs to 49 in the last week or so taking it casually and using gear I've gotten from FoV, a few AH purchases, some requested crafts, and JSE, not to mention weapons from RoE. Items are not in short stock if you put some effort into it.

Back on topic with the OP's request, I think a little more heads up would have been nice, but at the same time we should be appreciative we got it. People have been making their way through the slog to 100/110 without them, or any other form of synth leveling. Now we have Ionis for increased skillup rate/reduced synth breaks, and this campaign was just a nice boon to encourage people to start crafting again. I missed it personally because I was at work, was hoping to level my mule's GS skill, but I just shrugged and moved on. It's really useful for higher levels, but it's not mandatory by a long shot. Plus, as someone mentioned above, materials didn't soar for a longer period when people started overpricing stuff used for high-level synths that would have to be bought in bulk.
    (0)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramzi View Post
    How about... I dunno, just phantom double skillups permanently? The ridiculously low skillup rate for crafting in this game is beyond annoying and time consuming the way leveling jobs used to be. I'm all for making it more difficult after a certain level (50?) but low level crafting should not take forever and tons of gil.

Not saying it should be as easy as FFXIV either, because leveling crafting in that game is a joke with the generous exp from leves. But throw us a bone SE. With no crafters making low level armor anymore, we are left with 2 options- level up with no armor, or less effective armor, or level crafts and make them ourselves. There is literally no other way to obtain them. In a 10 year old MMO something has to give.
    Did you happen to miss the introduction of Synthing Kits? These handle the exact issues you have. Grab a few stacks of kits, few stacks of crystals, empty out your inventory, do the synth once, then macro /lastsynth.
    (0)
    7/10/14

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast