Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Suteru
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99

[dev1235]: An Insult to COR.

Now Corsair is the only non-mage (plus BRD) which doesn't have an A or better combat skill. Would it really break the game that much to bump our Marksmanship skill to an A?

It would really help out with the higher content levels, and it would be balanced by the fact that we can't mitigate hate as well as RNG. Also by the fact that we still get inferior bullets.
    (10)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Suteru View Post
    Now Corsair is the only non-mage (plus BRD) which doesn't have an A or better combat skill. Would it really break the game that much to bump our Marksmanship skill to an A?

It would really help out with the higher content levels, and it would be balanced by the fact that we can't mitigate hate as well as RNG. Also by the fact that we still get inferior bullets.
    BRD is mage cuz BRD has access to majority of the mage gears.
    RDM is also mage cuz RDM has access to majority of the mage gears as well.
    COR only has access to DD gears, can't play as a mage effectively without mage gears, can't be a full time buff job since the buffs aren't as potent as GEO and BRD, and yet SE doesn't want COR to DD by not raising skill cap higher.

Exactly what'd SE want the job to be?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    can't be a full time buff job since the buffs aren't as potent as GEO and BRD
    COR's buffs are % based, and unless I'm missing something, there's no cap.

So, most DDs are equipping about 100 attack before other buffs (which keeps the numbers easy).

So a 11 roll on chaos without a DRK in party, or Commodore Tricone proc will give +350 attack (450 with). I don't think that's even possible with 5 Minuets and G Horn (outside of SV).
    (1)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bebekeke View Post
    COR's buffs are % based, and unless I'm missing something, there's no cap.

So, most DDs are equipping about 100 attack before other buffs (which keeps the numbers easy).

So a 11 roll on chaos without a DRK in party, or Commodore Tricone proc will give +350 attack (450 with). I don't think that's even possible with 5 Minuets and G Horn (outside of SV).
    Ah you don't get what I mean, the buff potency is based on the efficiency of pt setup, not the amount of attack you gain. A DD pt needs WHM, and occasionally needs a stunner/PD job, which leaves maximum of 2 slot for a buff job.

BRD can march, which makes BRD a more potent buff job for the DD. There's little you can do with 450 attack if DDs can't swing faster, you still need a BRD or GEO to haste regardless of what you do, so one of the buff job slot is gone.

If you use GEO+RDM for haste, 2 of the buff job slots are gone. There's just no way COR can compete with GEO and BRD as the priority buff job, GEO or BRD always comes first, extra 400+ attack comes 2nd.

Oh and btw, none ergon GEO can also do 45% attack with avg gear if I remember correctly(I may be wrong about this), while COR's avg chaos number is only around 40%, No.11+ DRK roll proc(+56%) rarely happen. GEO can do higher avg attack boost AND haste or def down, while COR's 2nd buff has to stick with DA or SAM roll.

The point is that, the fact that COR can't do haste buff means it'll always compete with other DDs for DD spot, if COR's dmg output isn't high enough to compensate weaker buffs, it's not going to be worth bringing.
    (0)

Character
    Suteru
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Not to mention GEO getting a third buff/debuff before COR gets their third roll.

I guess SE just forgot we existed.
    (1)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Suteru View Post
    Not to mention GEO getting a third buff/debuff before COR gets their third roll.

I guess SE just forgot we existed.
    I really don't mind GEO buff gets more potent, as long as COR gets output increase it'd be enough to worth a spot.

But COR isn't getting anything
    (0)

Player
    They are trying to hard to keep cor in it's natural state of not being full DD but not being a full buffer, the problem is, there are very few situations where you would need someone that can do both, but neither at 100%.
    (0)
    Marada- Badass Tarutaru Ginger

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    Ah you don't get what I mean, the buff potency is based on the efficiency of pt setup, not the amount of attack you gain. A DD pt needs WHM, and occasionally needs a stunner/PD job, which leaves maximum of 2 slot for a buff job.

BRD can march, which makes BRD a more potent buff job for the DD. There's little you can do with 450 attack if DDs can't swing faster, you still need a BRD or GEO to haste regardless of what you do, so one of the buff job slot is gone.

If you use GEO+RDM for haste, 2 of the buff job slots are gone. There's just no way COR can compete with GEO and BRD as the priority buff job, GEO or BRD always comes first, extra 400+ attack comes 2nd.

Oh and btw, none ergon GEO can also do 45% attack with avg gear if I remember correctly(I may be wrong about this), while COR's avg chaos number is only around 40%, No.11+ DRK roll proc(+56%) rarely happen. GEO can do higher avg attack boost AND haste or def down, while COR's 2nd buff has to stick with DA or SAM roll.

The point is that, the fact that COR can't do haste buff means it'll always compete with other DDs for DD spot, if COR's dmg output isn't high enough to compensate weaker buffs, it's not going to be worth bringing.
    But here's the thing... you don't need 2 dedicated haste jobs. brd or geo can cap magic haste on their own so there is no need to use both or one and a rdm for haste 2. If you are bringing in rdm it's for other reasons like using it to stun or possibly debuff or heal in place of the whm since whm isn't always needed. Bam a place for cor. And then there are the 1 sam 5 support pts that go on thanks to the skillchain update

As far as amounts I think the geo one is about right (though def down would probably be better use of geo). While the full boost will yes not be common I'd say calling 40 avg is a bit low. I'd say 40 is the min for a decent cor. A decent cor should be getting lucky or 11. Not really sure your point on the choices of 2nd buffs... but I suspect misers would outdo sam in ionis areas now. Also cor can without sacrificing a buff increase the def down on a mob (or slow or paralyze etc) and increase magic dmg it takes... and speaking of magic dmg 3000tp leaden salute is the strongest magical dmg source in the game right now

Cor doesn't have to compete for a dd it has to compete for the 2nd buff slot. Or 3rd, 4th in those kind of pts
    (1)
    Last edited by dasva; 01-20-2015 at 06:29 AM.

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    But here's the thing... you don't need 2 dedicated haste jobs. brd or geo can cap magic haste on their own so there is no need to use both or one and a rdm for haste 2. If you are bringing in rdm it's for other reasons like using it to stun or possibly debuff or heal in place of the whm since whm isn't always needed. Bam a place for cor. And then there are the 1 sam 5 support pts that go on thanks to the skillchain update

As far as amounts I think the geo one is about right (though def down would probably be better use of geo). While the full boost will yes not be common I'd say calling 40 avg is a bit low. I'd say 40 is the min for a decent cor. A decent cor should be getting lucky or 11. Not really sure your point on the choices of 2nd buffs... but I suspect misers would outdo sam in ionis areas now. Also cor can without sacrificing a buff increase the def down on a mob (or slow or paralyze etc) and increase magic dmg it takes... and speaking of magic dmg 3000tp leaden salute is the strongest magical dmg source in the game right now

Cor doesn't have to compete for a dd it has to compete for the 2nd buff slot. Or 3rd, 4th in those kind of pts
    Dasva I don't think you get my point at all, and I think you're overestimating COR's usefulness(compare with GEO and BRD) in a situation that they can't DD. My point was, if COR can't do enough dmg, then it'll stay as a mule job forever. I highly doubt the reason why ppl bring COR for 1 DD 5 support setup is because allies roll do more dmg than 2nd SAM anyways. Most ppl probably bring COR in such setup so they can have their COR mule roll and afk, and not needing to have 2 DD spread out. Otherwise 2 SAM soloing 2 different NM probably generates more output than 1 SAM and 1 COR. Feel free to prove me wrong though.

Don't really need to brought up 3000 TP leaden salute as an example. 3000 TP leaden salute is 1 trick pony, it's either extremely strong on right target with right buffs, or nearly useless. Just that isn't enough to make DD COR useful in higher lv content. The entire point of this discussion is that COR needs higher combat skill for higher lv content.
    (0)
    Last edited by Afania; 02-22-2015 at 02:09 AM.

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    It's not that I don't get that point it's that I'm saying the world isn't over cors don't need a haste roll to have a pt slot. Yeah is just buffing boring? Sure welcome to every buffing job.

Want to be less bored DD some. You don't have to top parses to contribute especially when you are already contributing without doing any
    (0)
    Last edited by dasva; 02-22-2015 at 06:31 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast