Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic Server

Character
    Lynsara
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    With the fact that this is far from the first post on this subject, I wonder if the reps have taken this back to the devs and if they even for a moment stopped to consider it or even have their finance ppl take a look to see if it would be feasible.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Natasha View Post
    Hello, this is a thread intended for direct feedback to the devs/community team (as there is no way that I am aware of to send feedback directly) not meant to be a topic of debate.
    Too bad

I would like to request that, if possible, the devs make available one FFXI server that is set to an earlier patch date. Specifically, the furthest along patch when the level cap was 75 before the addition of the back to back repeatable grounds of valor/fields of valor (as book burns are against the idea of the 'classic' experience).
    But for realsies, theres a very low chance, probably the ballpark chance of 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001%, that SE will ever release a "Final Fantasy XI Classic!" server. But ya know, probability and such, I'm sure theres a universe out there that has a FFXI classic server officialy sanctioned by SE, but you'll probably have more luck inventing a machine that lets you travel to alternate realities, finding the one with the FFXI Classic server, killing your duplicate and taking over their life, than you do of SE releasing a FFXI Classic server.

However, in the interest of helping you, you can actually find a good deal of "Private" servers that have stuff like this. Swing over to BG and check out their FFXI section, theres a few there that let you do this. some of them are kinda popular too.

Please support and like
    Needs a picture of a sick kid or sad puppies if you want to go full facebook. Don't forget to like comment and subscribe to my posts!

note: Please stop speaking as to the developers limitations as I highly doubt you or anyone in here knows the details of them. If you're wrong about the developers limitations then you are just spreading useless misinformation, if you are right about them then we still end up with nothing because it is unconfirmed and unofficial. Let the devs speak for themselves should they choose to, its not your responsibility as a member of the community to do so.
    Ha... hahaha... ha... my lungs are bleeding after this.
    (1)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 09-12-2014 at 02:44 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Elphy View Post
    With the fact that this is far from the first post on this subject, I wonder if the reps have taken this back to the devs and if they even for a moment stopped to consider it or even have their finance ppl take a look to see if it would be feasible.
    One can only hope we can get a community rep to come in and give a clear yes or no on the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    But for realsies, theres a very low chance
    Nothing wrong with trying is there?

Needs a picture of a sick kid or sad puppies if you want to go full facebook. Don't forget to like comment and subscribe to my posts!
    Likes are a good way to draw attention and thats exactly what I wan't to do, draw a community rep or dev reply.
    (1)
    Last edited by Natasha; 09-12-2014 at 03:21 PM.

Character
    Ruzoko
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Too bad

Seems players like you are just out to stop any possible chance of things such as a classic server from happening, i mean seriously what do people like you (those who enjoy current ffxi) lose from SE actually creating a server for those who prefer the old classic ffxi? IMO all you types just hop on here just to mock others and dont really post anything worth while.
    (1)

Character
    Saruhiko
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I'd agree with this only if no server transfers were allowed to it. It'd be unfair to be able to bring in a character fully grinded through the post-abyssea exploits. All back to level 1, people.
    (1)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    San d'Oria, Windurst, Bastok: Rank 10
    ZM:O CoP:O AU:O ACP:O
    Italian Dragoon FTW! <3 Azure 4Ever. (Roleplayer)

Character
    Griffinx
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    first i'd like to say, i posted a thread just like this a few weeks back and didn't get any good feedback, but i am excited to see more people agree , i knew there was more people out there who wanted this! this idea is perfect and i support it 100%, we need SE to hear us! idk how to do that exactly but if you create a petition or anything like that, let me know i will support it and my friends will too
    (2)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumbGame View Post
    You really assume people just throw away stuff like this? You seriously think a professional company like SE wouldn't have back ups of EVERYTHING they have? How do you think ports for other devices happen so easily? You think stuff like Chrono Trigger was rebuilt from the ground up? Even more, do you know anything about programming, or any profession at all? Give examples I gave earlier, people don't just call it a day and throw out anything old or not relevant to current projects.
    Chrono Trigger was a static RPG. When it was released on SNES, there was one version. FFXI is a dynamic MMORPG with dozens and dozens of versions over 10+ years. My assumption is that server space is finite and they wouldn't hoard every version of every update forever.
    (0)

Character
    Dravidian
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    Chrono Trigger was a static RPG. When it was released on SNES, there was one version. FFXI is a dynamic MMORPG with dozens and dozens of versions over 10+ years. My assumption is that server space is finite and they wouldn't hoard every version of every update forever.
    What? I can drive down to walmart and buy a hard drive to back up everything on my computer, but SE doesn't have the capabilities of doing something similar?
    (0)

Character
    Dravidian
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Too bad

But for realsies, theres a very low chance, probably the ballpark chance of 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001%, that SE will ever release a "Final Fantasy XI Classic!" server. But ya know, probability and such, I'm sure theres a universe out there that has a FFXI classic server officialy sanctioned by SE, but you'll probably have more luck inventing a machine that lets you travel to alternate realities, finding the one with the FFXI Classic server, killing your duplicate and taking over their life, than you do of SE releasing a FFXI Classic server.

However, in the interest of helping you, you can actually find a good deal of "Private" servers that have stuff like this. Swing over to BG and check out their FFXI section, theres a few there that let you do this. some of them are kinda popular too.

What? Do I just laugh at this post? I think that's the point of a post like this right? Even more so, what was mentioned in this post, anyone with half a brain knows those things you mention aren't even close to the classic experience, let alone fully functional.
    (0)

Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumbGame View Post
    What? I can drive down to walmart and buy a hard drive to back up everything on my computer, but SE doesn't have the capabilities of doing something similar?
    There are no Walmarts in Japan. But that is not even the point they have this awesome tech district in Toyko called Shinjiku that has aweosme electronics stores, but that is not the point.
    Servers don't just operate like your home PC. they are a little bit more touche and temperamental. You can't just go buy a one terabite drive and stick it in. Most servers for things like MMOs are part of huge farms that the parent company uses for their whole company. So it is not just oh this one server is for FFXI. Server is a subjective term for allocated area of space for a program that allows others access.
    I mentioned in the other post that if you look hard enough you will find plenty of "classic" privet servers. But SE has been cracking down on them hard lately. Which is absolutely silly if the PS was not charging money. I'm sure there are still some out there somewhere.
    (0)

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast