Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

Improuving Black Belt to 99

Black belt is 75 with these Stats

DEF: 7 STR+7 Haste +12%
    Subtle Blow +5
    Physical Damage taken -5%

Apparently The black belt (to some people) is dead with new Expansion.

My Suggestion is to upgrade it a little.

Black Belt 1st dan (level 80)

DEF: 8 STR+8 Haste +12%
    Subtle Blow +7

Black Belt 2nd dan (level 85)

DEF: 9 STR+9 DEX+5 Haste +12%
    Subtle Blow +7

Black Belt 3rd dan (level 90)

DEF: 10 STR+10 DEX+5 Haste +12%
    Subtle Blow +7
    Damage taken -5%

Black Belt 4th dan (level 95)

DEF: 7 STR+10 DEX+5 Haste +12%
    Subtle Blow +10
    Damage taken -5%

Black Belt 5th dan (level 99)

DEF: 7 Atk+10 Acc+10 Haste +12%
    Subtle Blow +10
    Damage taken -5%

Til 10th dan. this is only an idea. but since now MNK is useful and there is not much new belt fit for monk and Accuracy is needed. please take a look into it! there should be something we can do with it. i dont want to store it and forget it!
    (0)

Neither of the mentioned stats will save the Black belt, and to be fair, I don't think anything will anymore.

There are already too many other very easy to get options out there that will blow away your above mentioned stats with ease.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shirai; 09-05-2014 at 04:21 PM.

Player
    Generally people only use it for a PDT belt, and it's a nice salvage piece if your waist gets unlocked before the rest of your gear, that's all I can think of. But, having it revamped could easily give it a home, I personally would propose something like the following:

DEF: 15 STR+15, Haste +12% Enhances Martial Arts (H2H Delay -30)
    Subtle Blow +10 Damage taken -10%

That would be a pretty beastly belt.
    (0)

Character
    Yuchemey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    i know Acc is important with new expansion. and i was thinking double atk as well. i would even seen haste +15%. because i tried doing Delve earlier without it and felt like i lost some DPS because i was hitting so slow.
    (0)

If you need accuracy options for the waist slot which are easy to obtain you may want to look at Anguinus belt.
    15 Accuracy, 15 attack and double attack, aside from that it is free and extremely easy to get.

And Haste in the waist slot, well, that's pretty much obsolete now.
    (3)
    Last edited by Shirai; 09-05-2014 at 09:45 PM.

Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I agree it should be updated to 99.
    double the stats on it, make it easy (okay not haste, maybe leave that one the same or bump it a little).
    (0)

Character
    Safiyyah
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    What Black Belt actually needs is multi-attack. It's so easy to cap haste with other slots that there's just no point in keeping haste on it. Something like 5% DA/5% TA, plus -10% DT, would bring Black Belt to the fore. And the upgrade method is pretty obvious- regular Black Belt + 1 Rare/Ex item from each Delve megaboss.
    (1)

Character
    Ramzi
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Safiyyah View Post
    What Black Belt actually needs is multi-attack. It's so easy to cap haste with other slots that there's just no point in keeping haste on it. Something like 5% DA/5% TA, plus -10% DT, would bring Black Belt to the fore. And the upgrade method is pretty obvious- regular Black Belt + 1 Rare/Ex item from each Delve megaboss.
    That would be hands down the most OP accessory in the game, on a job that already dominates the most wanted list for events. Not sure that's fair to other jobs. What you're proposing should be available to multiple jobs, but take away the -10 PDT. I'd be ok with something like:

STR+10, DA+2%, Subtle Blow +8
    Haste +12%, PDT -7.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramzi View Post
    STR+10, DA+2%, Subtle Blow +8
    Haste +12%, PDT -7.
    Would still be a PDT piece only, haste is always capped with iLevel gear on your other slots. Str+10/DA+2 doesn't beat out your other options (Anguinus, Windbuffet), 2% more PDT, doesn't really help anything, nor does subtle blow.

I opted for Martial Arts enhancement on my version so that it could be effectively a "haste belt" as it was meant to be, but still stack with haste, if it's Delay- was balanced, it could be a strong but not broken belt. /shrug.
    (2)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Seli is right. It needs to be something both unique and useful and a Martial Arts bonus would surely be that. And if Black Belt's legacy is to be carried on fully then it should be the most OP accessory in the game.
    (2)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast