Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VoiceMemo View Post
    Original thread discussing black belthttp://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...ght=black+belt, now why can't SE be as fast to answer my question about Massacre Elegy. This threat got an answer in 3 days and I've been waiting months for an answer.

I wish SE wouldn't post FALSE HOPE, or if they decide to change they should acknowledge that they did say yes at one point but then changed their minds to no.
    Try starting a new post in the general discussion page... That's where the most action seems to be, and where most of the responses come from
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    Thank you for finding that. I thought it was just made up.
    Thank you for being a cynical (words I cannot say because I don't want to be banned)

How about a smidge of trust when a wave of people remember something you obviously missed.
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Genoxd View Post
    Thank you for being a cynical (words I cannot say because I don't want to be banned)

How about a smidge of trust when a wave of people remember something you obviously missed.
    When I posted that, there was one single post (Balloon' post, that I quoted) in the thread referring to SE stating they were going to update it. To me, that's not a "wave of people", nor do I think that I "obviously" missed that single statement from a two year old post on Alla.
    (1)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    I wish I could find the original thread so I could give you context, but all i could find was the quoted Camate post... but we're talking 2011
    You mean this?

The context wasn't quite what one might expect though. ^^;
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Player
    Plot twist: They did not release any waists technically more powerful than Black Belt, instead they obsoleted it by putting it's primary reason for being powerful in large amounts onto every other gear peice we use anyway and not increasing the cap, so the primary reason for it's power was irellevant because we're always capped on haste no matter what.

What does this mean for the black belt? No idea, it just doesn't really fit into their explanation, regardless, who knew we wouldn't need haste on the belt slot anymore, when traditionally it was the belt's most important function.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post
    Plot twist: They did not release any waists technically more powerful than Black Belt, instead they obsoleted it by putting it's primary reason for being powerful in large amounts onto every other gear peice we use anyway and not increasing the cap, so the primary reason for it's power was irellevant because we're always capped on haste no matter what.

What does this mean for the black belt? No idea, it just doesn't really fit into their explanation, regardless, who knew we wouldn't need haste on the belt slot anymore, when traditionally it was the belt's most important function.
    -PDT II is just about all that's left for a BB upgrade without completely changing all of its stats.
    (0)

Player
    I stand by my martial arts upgrade on page1, which would allow it to be a "Haste belt in today's game" though I wouldn't mind PDT II, it would still only be a PDT belt then.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post
    I stand by my martial arts upgrade on page1, which would allow it to be a "Haste belt in today's game" though I wouldn't mind PDT II, it would still only be a PDT belt then.
    Martial arts is irrelevant in 90+% of today's gaming.

Just about the only times that you don't have capped haste (in which case martial arts will simply reduce your TP) are: Dynamis, Salvage, and Worm Parties.

Even in most other solo situations, you can cap haste just from Trusts. And in most party situations you'll have capped haste from BRD + mage combinations.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bebekeke View Post
    Martial arts is irrelevant in 90+% of today's gaming.

Just about the only times that you don't have capped haste (in which case martial arts will simply reduce your TP) are: Dynamis, Salvage, and Worm Parties.

Even in most other solo situations, you can cap haste just from Trusts. And in most party situations you'll have capped haste from BRD + mage combinations.
    I just checked the math, and you're right in that in high buff situations (capped magic haste) you're extremely close to delay reduction cap, and you are capped if you have Haste samba from a dance in addition to this.

Would still be nice when you're only recieving haste1 and no marches, but fair enough, this may not be the fix I'd hoped it was, I didn't realize how close mnks got to the delay reduction cap from innate martial arts and and max magic haste.

I'm not sure how often you'd cap delay reduction with trusts, would need Haste and 2 Marches to get extremely close, and then Haste Samba to cap, and I can speak from experience that my trust Bards rarely keep 2 marches on me much as I wish that they would (at least with Tinhaspa, which I used for the calculations as that's what I use).

Overall though, fair enough, I concede that martial arts would indeed not save black belt at least for "real" content, but PDT II would make it a PDT piece only.... if we want it to be an actual TP piece, we'd have to talk DA/TA/QA in numbers that beat Windbuffet+1, and/or perhaps critrate possibly.
    (0)

Character
    Yuchemey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Ok so The black belt is trash now?? They still havent improved the black belt? thats just sad, and with all the Info you guys provided that they said they would.
    (0)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast