Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    [citation needed]
    Find it yourself, It was posted quite a long while back.

I can echo that it was said however, some time ago, that there were plans (or at least discussion of plans) on replacing/upgrading Black Belt with a higher level version (this was well before I.lv and Adoulin, perhaps back in Tanaka Era, which could explain why it was eventually trashed).

Edit: I felt nice.

In the meantime, here is what was discussed regarding the Black Belt specifically:

"We currently have no plans of easing the way Black Belt is obtained. Due to the increased level cap, we believe that the ease has already been affected.

We're actually looking into items that are more powerful than Black Belt for the future, and if they were to be introduced there may be a possibility that we re-visit adjustments for Black Belt acquisition."
    Look at the "Regarding Black Belt specifically" part, I wish I could find the original thread so I could give you context, but all i could find was the quoted Camate post... but we're talking 2011
    (2)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 09-10-2014 at 01:01 PM.

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Balloon View Post
    Can you please start TELLING us when you drop some of the plans you have? Pretty sure you said there'd be a new belt a while back.
    Updated black belt has been mentioned at least twice, together with updated CoP rings (at least once).

Not saying that what they talk about on official posts is binding, but it would be good to know when they change their mind on something.
    (1)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raydeus View Post
    You know, I'm starting to think Grekumah is Camate's troll account. XD
    What say you to this, Camate? What what?
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Find it yourself, It was posted quite a long while back.

I can echo that it was said however, some time ago, that there were plans (or at least discussion of plans) on replacing/upgrading Black Belt with a higher level version (this was well before I.lv and Adoulin, perhaps back in Tanaka Era, which could explain why it was eventually trashed).

Edit: I felt nice.

Look at the "Regarding Black Belt specifically" part, I wish I could find the original thread so I could give you context, but all i could find was the quoted Camate post... but we're talking 2011
    This says nothing about a new Black Belt. All that says is when they implement belts that are more powerful than Black Belt (hey look, they did!) that they might go back and adjust the acquisition requirements for Black Belt.

There is nothing here that even suggests the possibility of them implementing a higher level version of the Black Belt, or an ability to upgrade the Black Belt
    (1)

Player
    Honestly.a.Black.Belt.upgrade.was.mentioned.back.when.Adoulin.was.announced.so.to.say.they.have.no.plans.for.it.now.is.just...
    (2)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Original thread discussing black belthttp://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...ght=black+belt, now why can't SE be as fast to answer my question about Massacre Elegy. This threat got an answer in 3 days and I've been waiting months for an answer.

I wish SE wouldn't post FALSE HOPE, or if they decide to change they should acknowledge that they did say yes at one point but then changed their minds to no.
    (0)

Character
    Bigdave
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    the director himself said that the new black belt was coming out when they said seekers was coming out and the higher crafting and also the new job geo and run
    (0)

Character
    Kalmah
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    It was mentioned by SE at VanaFest 2012

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=29967

Other Adjustments:

New 2-hour abilities are in the works. So far, developers revealed that the Warrior 2-hour will make all attacks non-elemental (like Formless Strikes), and the Monk 2-hour will allow them to counter 100% of regular incoming attacks.

The enfeebling system will be rehauled, and the developers promised to post details about that later in the official forums

Ranged attack delay will be cut in half

Protect will made 1.5x stronger, and Protectra V may be made 3-4x stronger

The developers made a point to say there are no scheduled changes yet for Dark Knights, but that they won't be forgotten

Monk gets a new belt, but the Black Belt will be required to attain it

Summoners are being tested for a fix for when Blood Pacts get canceled if the target moves out of range

Dragoon may receive another merit ability in their category 1 merits to reduce the Call Wyvern timer

Realizing that Mog House storage is tight for many players, the developers are considering adding another rental house like the one in Aht Urghan

New UI: The new user interface will have drag-and-drop menus that can be placed anywhere on the screen. Players will also be able to select the color scheme. The new interface should be ready before the release of Adoulin.

I have to side with Balloon on this one, wish the devs would at least start telling us what plans they are discarding so I can stop waiting around for stuff.
    (6)

Quote Originally Posted by ProjectA2O View Post

Thank you for finding that. I thought it was just made up.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Crevox View Post
    This says nothing about a new Black Belt. All that says is when they implement belts that are more powerful than Black Belt (hey look, they did!) that they might go back and adjust the acquisition requirements for Black Belt.

There is nothing here that even suggests the possibility of them implementing a higher level version of the Black Belt, or an ability to upgrade the Black Belt
    Poster by day, Grave digger by night.

Quote Originally Posted by ProjectA2O View Post

Other Adjustments:

New 2-hour abilities are in the works. So far, developers revealed that the Warrior 2-hour will make all attacks non-elemental (like Formless Strikes), and the Monk 2-hour will allow them to counter 100% of regular incoming attacks.

The enfeebling system will be rehauled, and the developers promised to post details about that later in the official forums

Ranged attack delay will be cut in half

Protect will made 1.5x stronger, and Protectra V may be made 3-4x stronger

The developers made a point to say there are no scheduled changes yet for Dark Knights, but that they won't be forgotten

Monk gets a new belt, but the Black Belt will be required to attain it

Summoners are being tested for a fix for when Blood Pacts get canceled if the target moves out of range

Dragoon may receive another merit ability in their category 1 merits to reduce the Call Wyvern timer

Realizing that Mog House storage is tight for many players, the developers are considering adding another rental house like the one in Aht Urghan

New UI: The new user interface will have drag-and-drop menus that can be placed anywhere on the screen. Players will also be able to select the color scheme. The new interface should be ready before the release of Adoulin.

I have to side with Balloon on this one, wish the devs would at least start telling us what plans they are discarding so I can stop waiting around for stuff.
    Thank ya for finding what I was looking for
    (0)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 09-11-2014 at 09:33 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast