Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Character
    Safiyyah
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

Alex Supply and Salvage Cheating- Accounts Not Banned?

Over the weekend it came to light that a significant number of players were exploiting Salvage to farm multiple thousands of alexandrite per day. You can see one of these players discussing this here. Initially it was thought that perma-bans were issued, as with the prior Salvage cheating, but this was not the case, and they were merely suspended... I saw one of the most obvious offenders back in Port Jeuno tonight.

I am extremely disappointed at this outcome. While it would benefit me personally to have lots of cheap alex towards my wife's Glanzfaust, this exploit was damaging to FFXI. There were two direct results of this cheating:

-Legit players who depended on alex farming to make gil saw their farming devalued by scummy cheaters. Some of them were so flagrant as to sell 5k or more of it per day, and the constant undercutting hurt players who were getting their alex honestly.
    -Some of these players took advantage of the exploit to make multiple mythics. Even though these weapons were acquired by dishonest means, they managed to keep their ill-gotten gains. I won't group with cheaters, but it still sucks to see players benefit from this kind of dishonest behavior.

This level of cheating, where some players profited billions of gil fraudulently, it's just not acceptable that they should keep their accounts as if nothing happened. It isn't right. Period.
    (33)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Safiyyah View Post
    Over the weekend it came to light that a significant number of players were exploiting Salvage to farm multiple thousands of alexandrite per day. You can see one of these players discussing this here. Initially it was thought that perma-bans were issued, as with the prior Salvage cheating, but this was not the case, and they were merely suspended... I saw one of the most obvious offenders back in Port Jeuno tonight.

I am extremely disappointed at this outcome. While it would benefit me personally to have lots of cheap alex towards my wife's Glanzfaust, this exploit was damaging to FFXI. There were two direct results of this cheating:

-Legit players who depended on alex farming to make gil saw their farming devalued by scummy cheaters. Some of them were so flagrant as to sell 5k or more of it per day, and the constant undercutting hurt players who were getting their alex honestly.
    -Some of these players took advantage of the exploit to make multiple mythics. Even though these weapons were acquired by dishonest means, they managed to keep their ill-gotten gains. I won't group with cheaters, but it still sucks to see players benefit from this kind of dishonest behavior.

This level of cheating, where some players profited billions of gil fraudulently, it's just not acceptable that they should keep their accounts as if nothing happened. It isn't right. Period.
    This is how SE operate.

With the salvage/sandworm duping they just banned a few people to make examples of them, most of the people invoilved in it didn't have any action taken against them.

They used an app to reset salvage final bosses over and over again, 3 day suspension for that is funny but FFXI and FFXIV are honestly, cheaters paradise. Always has been.

Sylph - Tigerwoods

Clipper was the nub way of doing it. Project Tako lets you save/keybind warp points.

"Defeats NM" stunbot fires command to take you in front of 5th porter
    Ctrl + X takes you to 6th porter, Ctrl + z puts you in front of rampart.

Can only imagine clipper being a very slow way of doing it.

Also was a plugin that lets you cast blue magik w/o being on blu. Erratic flutter would average me an additional 7-9 kills as compared to before I started using it
    They need our subscription fees, I guess?

3 relics, a mythic, an empy, couple of ifrit rings+1, etc. and walked out with 500m; and still have 3.5k alex on my mule. I guess I'll wait for the price to go back up since there won't be anywhere near the supply before I sell. Well worth the suspension for me. They patched the trick though.
    Amazes me they don't make an example of this guy, not only did he abuse it heavily but he is bragging about it which will encourage others to do the next dupe.

but yeah, grats on the haul. I'm actually quite jealous. maybe next time I'll jump on the boat seeing as their leniency with bans is now completely apparent.
    (1)
    Last edited by Pixela; 09-04-2014 at 08:35 AM.

Player
    This game is going to turn into all the f2p Korean games out there with everyone pos hacking and duping.

SE has set a precedence, and a scary one at that. I think everyone would say that they could live with not being able to log into the game for 3 days, if they knew when they got back they would have half a billion gil and all the REM's they could ever dream of.

Heck, if I become aware of an exploit at some point in the future I would seriously consider using it. I hate cheating but if it's going to be the future of the game... if you can't beat them, join em!
    (1)
    Last edited by Stephenjd; 09-03-2014 at 08:39 PM.

Character
    Mefuki
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    If SE doesn't want to permaban them, fine. But everyone who recieved the 3 day ban for doing this should have their(one of their...)mythic taken away or have all their gil confiscated or something.
    (7)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5cfpeJGwi2KhQjNvCkk5Cg

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mefuki View Post
    If SE doesn't want to permaban them, fine. But everyone who recieved the 3 day ban for doing this should have their(one of their...)mythic taken away or have all their gil confiscated or something.
    3 days is nothing, a lot of us knew about this exploit but didn't abuse it because we feared Square would actually take action. For an exploit of this magnitutude, serious action should of been taken. 3 days suspension is nothing for such an extreme amount of gil from a simple exploit.

Guess you can do anything you want on FFXI now, the GMs teeth are all gummy. People will remember this on the next exploit.

If you're on Sylph and can't sell your alex, or the price has fallen to the floor send Tigerwoods a tell and say thanks.
    (3)
    Last edited by Pixela; 09-03-2014 at 09:33 PM.

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    3 days is nothing, a lot of us knew about this exploit but didn't abuse it because we feared Square would actually take action. For an exploit of this magnitutude, serious action should of been taken. 3 days suspension is nothing for such an extreme amount of gil from a simple exploit.
    I'm amazed you knew about this but were complaining less than a month ago that Trusts was too difficult to figure out.
    (10)
    7/10/14

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    I'm amazed you knew about this but were complaining less than a month ago that Trusts was too difficult to figure out.
    Yes Malithar, because this is the direction this thread needs to go in... -_-

In either case, heard about it, never did it due to the fact I'm not an asshole and thought/felt those doing it should/would get banned. Wish more was done, but I guess this just goes to show that it doesn't matter what people do anymore. Somewhat want to say something about easing Mythics after quite a few people just got shit tons of Alex and such in no time, but don't want to derail another thread into that, so fuck it.
    (1)

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    Somewhat want to say something about easing Mythics after quite a few people just got shit tons of Alex and such in no time, but don't want to derail another thread into that, so fuck it.
    Agreed. There is little benefit to farming salvage other than farming alex now. On my server there are far more people who would like to make mythics than there is alex available for these players. At the time of this post there is a little over 800 alex available on Asura. Mythics are still quite involved to make without this artificial limit of alex availability.

As far as the people who cheated to acquire extra alex go, I have no objections to taking away their mythics / gil obtained from cheating. I object to demanding they be permabanned.
    (2)

Character
    Safiyyah
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    This is irrelevant to this topic. Do you have anything constructive to add, one way or another?
    (1)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Safiyyah View Post
    This is irrelevant to this topic. Do you have anything constructive to add, one way or another?
    Just as much as anyone else in this thread really. There's always been exploits in the game, whether they were dealt with in a strict manner or this new slap-on-the-wrist method. What's done is done IMO, it doesn't effect me or anyone I know. Makes me wonder what the point of all this witch hunting and torch bearing is, to get even with all the evil cheaters? What's the point?

I get that some feel their effort in building their RMEs might feel cheapened, but it'd only feel cheapened if you would have done it yourself had you known. Otherwise, you benefited from cheap Alex. Where's the reason to complain?

Besides, I was just pointing out that it was rather entertaining that someone who couldn't figure out Trusts and went on for pages and pages in a thread about it knew about this exploit which was kept fairly secret afaik, no public posts about it until the bannings started.
    (4)
    7/10/14

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast