Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    Player
    You're also not taking into account all the players it helped. Before this exploit happened, Alexandrite supply was low and everyone that wanted to make a Mythic had to compete for what little supply was there. I have to imagine multiple players even bought from other servers because their server's supply didn't meet the demand. That shouldn't be happening.

But with this exploit happening, the supply rose and the idea of making a mythic became a reality for more people, especially with the prices (slowly) dropping. I can remember multiple instances where people were shouting to buy Alexandrite and competing with each other just so they would get to buy it instead of the other person. Once again, a supply problem that shouldn't be happening.
    Whether you agree with the amount of supply or not, it's as it is by the design of the devs. The quality of the weapons are based on the difficulty to obtain, if the devs decide that too many people now have mythics it will mean that when they get updated again they will be be nerfed back based on too many being available.

Devs always base the power of an item on difficulty to obtain and number of the items in-game.

More mythics = less impressive updates when REM are updated next time. You can say no but why else would they be limiting supply of alex as much as they are?
    (6)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Whether you agree with the amount of supply or not, it's as it is by the design of the devs. The quality of the weapons are based on the difficulty to obtain, if the devs decide that too many people now have mythics it will mean that when they get updated again they will be be nerfed back based on too many being available.

Devs always base the power of an item on difficulty to obtain and number of the items in-game.

More mythics = less impressive updates when REM are updated next time. You can say no but why else would they be limiting supply of alex as much as they are?
    You totally nailed it lol.
    (2)

Character
    Safiyyah
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomiko View Post
    Since you're saying it's a fact, please enlighten me and list these obvious offenders. I'm not going to confirm or deny whether any of them did it or not (I know some who did in fact do it, and others who didn't even know about it until it was public). I'm mainly just curious who you think they are. I will confirm at least 1 person made it quite obvious though.

If the reason people are "obvious offenders" is because they have mythics, I can tell you that there were multiple people in our shell that were farming ADL before everyone started doing it.
    I will not name specific players from Sylph because this thread is not about specific players, or even a couple of linkshells, but a widespread problem that harmed many innocent players across all servers. If you would like to list the players from your linkshell who were involved in this cheat, you can feel free to do so; I certainly won't stop you, though I think it will cause this topic to derail further. I will list players from my linkshell who I know were involved in this:

Sure, just make sure to rollback anyone these players helped as well. It's only fair. Wouldn't want anyone else to benefit off the cheaters after all.
    If people knowingly bought alexandrite from cheaters, then sure. But that would be extremely difficult to prove, whereas S-E knows who directly benefited from this Salvage exploit.
    (2)

Character
    Redwave
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 91
    If that were the case, empy weapons wouldn't suck as badly as they do.
    (2)

Character
    Tosaka
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    I thought marrows tanked in price cuz of dyna exploit.
    Possibly, but I'm not sure since I stopped caring about Dynamis once the ADL group I was in stopped due to it not being worth it anymore. From the time I started to the time our group ended, Marrows went from about 20m each to not selling at 6m due to other groups killing it daily.

Now, at least on Sylph, Marrows barely ever sell at just over 3m each. I can't see the price being an issue, so I have to imagine it being a very small market that wants them now. And of course everyone undercuts each other.

That's just what I've seen, I can't speak for others.
    (0)

Character
    Tosaka
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Then why is Tsurumaru better than Amanomurakumo?
    (1)

Character
    Tosaka
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Safiyyah View Post
    I will not name specific players from Sylph because this thread is not about specific players, or even a couple of linkshells, but a widespread problem that harmed many innocent players across all servers.
    Yet you named Penfifteen and TheLastOfUs in your posts.
    (0)

Character
    Safiyyah
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Yet you named Penfifteen and TheLastOfUs in your posts.
    Like I said before, I felt I needed to qualify your post about the exploits for players who aren't on Sylph and/or weren't aware. You have admitted that members of your LS were involved in this cheating, and you advocate just fixing the exploit while letting the cheaters go about their merry way. I think your motives for posting that are fairly obvious.
    (1)

Character
    Tosaka
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Safiyyah View Post
    Like I said before, I felt I needed to qualify your post about the exploits for players who aren't on Sylph and/or weren't aware. You have admitted that members of your LS were involved in this cheating, and you advocate just fixing the exploit while letting the cheaters go about their merry way. I think your motives for posting that are fairly obvious.
    I'm not in TLoU, so why name drop them if that's the case? And you had already name dropped 1 person in the LS I'm in, so why should I deny that ls members were doing it?

I didn't deny that the people who were using the exploit should have received a more harsh punishment. I was surprised it was only the 72hr suspension. But I also see it as SE gave out the punishment THEY decided on. Just because you/myself/anyone else may not agree with the punishment that was given doesn't mean that they need to punish these people again. I'm sure SE has their reasons for choosing what they did, and for all we know they could be doing more down the road.

Realistically, nothing is likely to come of any of this. SE is going to do what they want. No one is going to quit because some players most never interacted with cheated. Sure, it sucks knowing they're "getting away with it" but what is complaining going to accomplish? You're just going to make yourself angry thinking about it. And in your best case scenario, let's say they get banned. Will that make you truly happy?

If it's any consolation, there's probably quite a few that will be quitting the game next week when Destiny comes out.
    (3)

Character
    Safiyyah
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I'm not in TLoU, so why name drop them if that's the case? And you had already name dropped 1 person in the LS I'm in, so why should I deny that ls members were doing it?
    I mentioned TLoU in passing, with no special malice, as being heavily involved with this cheating as well. Just like with P15, I don't have anything for or against that shell. For what it's worth, I didn't name drop Tigerwoods, I linked to his post so that other players could see the details of the exploit for themselves. Pixela was the one who posted his name, which was fine, as he really named-dropped himself by bragging about getting away with taking advantage of the exploit.

I wouldn't have expected you to confirm or deny anything. I think if I were you I wouldn't have posted at all, since several members of your LS were temp-banned for the exploit. Of course, you are still entitled to your opinion, whatever it may be rooted in

I didn't deny that the people who were using the exploit should have received a more harsh punishment. I was surprised it was only the 72hr suspension. But I also see it as SE gave out the punishment THEY decided on. Just because you/myself/anyone else may not agree with the punishment that was given doesn't mean that they need to punish these people again. I'm sure SE has their reasons for choosing what they did, and for all we know they could be doing more down the road.

Realistically, nothing is likely to come of any of this. SE is going to do what they want. No one is going to quit because some players most never interacted with cheated. Sure, it sucks knowing they're "getting away with it" but what is complaining going to accomplish?
    But this is the place to communicate with S-E about in-game issues. It's true that nothing may come of this, but after discussing it with friends in-game, I decided to make this topic, and I am glad that I did. Square-Enix may be doing a further investigation, and planning on perma-bans, or they may not be. I hope they are, and I doubt that making this topic has hurt the chances of that happening. At the very least it calls attention to the incident for people who don't visit FFXIAH or BG.

You're just going to make yourself angry thinking about it. And in your best case scenario, let's say they get banned. Will that make you truly happy?
    It's not about whether I'm happy or angry. It's about whether or not punishments are consistent and reasonable. The reaction to this incident fails both of those criteria, in my opinion.

If it's any consolation, there's probably quite a few that will be quitting the game next week when Destiny comes out.
    That's immaterial.
    (7)

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast